“Beautiful hotel with heaps of character...”
Review of Crewe Hall

Crewe Hall
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
chester
“Beautiful hotel with heaps of character...”
Reviewed 24 January 2011

This hotel is fantastic. I booked it as a treat for my partner, as its in lovely grounds, has a pool and sauna etc. The hotel went beyond my expectations, it certainly looks beautiful on their website but its even more stunning in reality. The room (which I did pay for an upgrade for) was lovely but it was the rest of the hotel which grabbed my attention. There is room after room to look around, its like being in a stately home but you're allowed to stay over!! The grounds are pretty lovely, we were there in the January fog, but that seemed very fitting for a hotel with a very gothic feel.

The pool area with its sauna and steam room offers a stark contrast as its in a modern wing, but still very lovely.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who is looking for somewhere a bit different to spend a romantic weekend.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
kwenya, General Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for sending your comments to Trip Advisor. It is true that the hotel is impressive and does give you the feel of staying in a stately home. The drive up sets the standard and part of the bulding dates back to the Jacobean period. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope it is not too long before we can welcome you back.

Ian Pollock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Polish first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I have just returned from a spa weekend break with ten other ladies. We have all enjoyed a wonderful weekend. There wasnt anything about Crewe Hall that we didnt like. It is set in a beautiful location, and the staff were all fantastic. The ladies in the spa were especially lovely, I wish to thank Carol and Laura in particular. So friendly and did an excellent job. The staff in the brasserie were also great, and the food was to die for.
We had lovely rooms and nothing was too much trouble for anyone.

Thank you once again for a relaxing weekend, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to covey your comments on Trip Advisor. I am really pleased that you took the time to praise the service you received during your recent stay with us. Your comments after your Spa Break with nine friends are very encouraging and I will ensure that I pass on your compliments to the Spa staff. I will ensure that Carol and Laura are both made aware of your comments. I would also like to thank for your kind comments on the food and service in the Brasserie.
I hope you will consider a return visit to refresh your vitality in the Spa in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2011

first thought while driving up the lane was "fantastic views", parked and went into reception very friendly staff, i had booked the full package, lunch, dinner, and breakfast, first thing the receptioniost asked was when did we wanted to have lunch as we arrived about 2pm we decieded to have lunch straightway which she booked for us, fantastic service! then we were asked what time we were ahving dinner! it was quite booked up at this time as we arrived late, it was either 6.45pm of 9.15pm so decieded to do a late dinner. were were then told that breakfast was between 8am-10am. perfect! we checked in and even got a escort to our room by the bellboy. we dumped our luggage then straight to lunch. we were seated straightway and the food and service was excellent we were tentively looked after and the staff always made sure we had everything, the food was fantastic.
after lunch we went straight to the spa to confirm our appointements, both me and my partner had back and neck shoulder massages, the spa was amazing even though the lady giving me the massage was a bit rough, myabe she should of asked me more about how i liked it. but my partner had a more of a relaxing massage. after the massage we hit the pool which is a bit small, the jacuzzi was off went we got there which was ashame, but the facilites was spot on as it was busy that day but still wasnt crowded.
The room was nice and opened and a good size, had a coffee table and seats we stayed in room 4109 aircon was a bit on the noisey side which we had to turm off as it was a bit loud, some stains on the sofa but other then that the room had fantastic room to the grounds behind, loads of storage space and tea/coffee facilites and sky t.v.
we arrived for dinner at about 9.15 but had to wait about 25 mins before we were seated it was still very busy when we arrived so we hit the bar and grabbed some drinks, the service wasnt as good as lunch but it was expected given how busy it was, the food was still fantastic we had a £50 limit total for both of us which both of us went upto and enjoyed a 3 course meal! perfect! we only had to pay for drinks for lunch and dinner only!

good points
-excellent staff attentiveness
-great food
-good value for money
-good scenery
-spa

bad points
-noisey air conn
- some small stains here and there in the room
-leaking bath from shower cover

in all i can definatly recommend this hotel and spa! some small issues but dont expect any place to be perfect! me and my partner will be visting again!

Dear Guest

Thank you for sending your review to Trip Advisor. Your comments on the staff are really appreciated and seem to make the effort worth while. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that the food in all areas met your expectations. The Spa is popular and you always have to book in advance and next time let the therapist know you prefer a softer massage prior to her starting the treatment. The setting of Crewe Hall is wonderful and we do have a large selection of room types to choose from. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

UK
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We held our wedding here on 8th Jan 2011 and everything went perfectly. We'd visited and stayed numerous times in the run up to the wedding and could not fault the rooms, service and helpfulness of the staff. Andrew Foster, the events manager was especially helpful in organising the wedding and making sure everything ran smoothly. Rooms in the old part of the hotel (feature rooms) are excellent with each being very individual - with most of our wedding guest staying at the hotel we saw many rooms and all looked very good. also the rooms in the new section of the hotel are very high spec and couldn't fault them. Breakfast was very good, we didn't eat in the restaurant but friends did and gave it good reviews. Spa facilities and pool are also very nice and great for guest to use while staying for wedding.

My only word of advise would be if you book a weekend stay do expect a wedding to be taking place.

overall great experience and thoroughly recommend.

Dear Guest

Thank you for sending your comments on your stay with us to Trip Advisor. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your wedding day with us. You mention that the quality of food and service you experienced matched your expectations and this is very motivational for the team. Your comments on the rooms are very complimentary and it is true to say that we have a wide selection with decor and styles to suit most people. May I wish you every happiness for your future together and thank you for choosing Crewe Hall to celebrate your special day.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We stay in many u k Hotels and can honestly say this one would be hard to beat unless you pay £300 plus per night. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. The bed was fantastic. This hotel also has an advantage over most in that you can choose between sleek modern or old world charm. We stayed in the new part but we had a look at some of the rooms in the old hall and thought they were totally unique.Charming luxury. The meal was superb and the staff a credit to the company. Our children liked the pool and we liked the peace! 10 out of 10 - will definately return.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
kwenya, General Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, 18 January 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for sending your comments via Trip Advisor. It is true to say that not many hotels are able to offer the contrast between modern facilities with their touch button controls and the history and charm of a 16th centuary building. Thank you for your kind comments on the food and service and I really appreciate your comments on the staff. They are the ones who make the hotel and they do desrve recognition for their efforts. I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Crewe Hall and enjoying your break with us.

Best Wishes

Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2011

This was our 2nd visit to Crewe Hall for the New Year celebrations and I would highly recommend a stay at this venue.
The dinner in the Old Hall was great and the firework display was even bigger and better than last year. Last year we got our photo taken in the reception area in all our finery but no photographer was there on this occasion which was a shame. Thumbs up for the piper again!
The rooms in the new building are nicely decorated, spacious, and clean and all the facilities you would expect. The fault with the wardrobe lights was fixed promptly when reported.
We used the gym which is well equipped and the pool is a good size although it was busy and some guests liked to spend all their time in the Jacuzzi so we didn’t get to use it!
We ate in the Brassiere on the 2nd night and the food was fantastic – better than New Year’s Eve. The steaks were superbly cooked and the chicken risotto was amazing. The puddings were great too! Breakfast was also served here and everything was really fresh and plentiful and the staff should to be complimented.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for sending your comments via Trip Advisor. It is really great to get such compliments from a returning guest. Your comments on the staff are what makes the effort over the festive period rewarding for me personally. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us as we do value our reputation for very good new year celebrations. The photographer was unable to make it this year but we hope to have him back for 2011 and you as well. Your comments on the food especially the ones relating to your experience in the Brasserie are great and we do hope you will join us again next year!!

With Kind Regards

walsall
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We arrived mid afternoon New Years eve, to a warm and friendly reception, after a very speedy an efficient check in we were shown to our room by a very informative and helpful young chap.
Our room 3106 was in the main hall, was a beautiful picturesque room with a 4 poster bed, the room, in particular the bathroom was immaculate the highest standard of cleanliness (you could eat your dinner off the toilet lol).
I have so many great things to say about the whole 2 day stay, afternoon tea, the spa, the brasserie, the atmosphere, the staff and the firework display all amazing, I must single out 3 members of staff for a special thank you. Danielle, Hayley and the Brasserie manager, all 3 added to our great experience and we look forward to revisiting in 2011.
I would advise anyone considering a stay at crewe hall to take the opportunity and hopefully enjoy as much as my partner and I did.
we wish all the staff a very happy new year!
Nicky and Steve

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
kwenya, General Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments as a result of your stay with us over the New Year. Such comments seem to make our efforts worth while and I will pass them on to the staff. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay especially the food, service and fireworks which do make the new year celebrations complete. I will ensure that I pass on your special recognition comments to Danielle, Hayley and Nitin Sharma our Brasserie manager.
May I wish ypou a happy new year and say that we hope to welcome you back to celebrate the coming of 2012 with us at Crewe Hall.

Ian Pollock
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Mottram Hall
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,417 reviews
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!