“Delicious, fast and really cheap.”

Thai Taste Noodle Bar
Ranked #1 of 192 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: Fast food, Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
marrakech
“Delicious, fast and really cheap.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Excellent, I had the thai green curry for four pounds. It tasted great and you can watch the friendly chef cook it in front of you. Very cheap and fast and tasty.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Phuket, Thailand
“Lovely food ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

After reading good reviews, I finally managed a visit tonight. Ordered a green prawn curry, a red beef curry and a vegetable pad Thai. My green curry was nicer and tasted more authentic than my husband's red one which didn't have much flavor. The pad Thai was quite sweet but I think it was like that when I went to Phuket. Nevertheless it reminded us of our fabulous holiday in Thailand two years ago. I will be going back to try out different noodles!

1 Thank lovefood2002
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Super Noodles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Crewe, it has to be said, is well served with takeaways and over the past 12 years or so I have conducted some extensive research into their relative qualities. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly handy in the kitchen and enjoy cooking but sometimes you just need to, don't you. And now that I live almost on Crewe's international quarter in Nantwich Road I am spoilt for choice. Mind you, some are pretty abysmal and many decidedly average but one or two stand head and shoulders above the rest and this is one.

The premises it occupies used also to be a noodle bar but closed a few years back. I don't know if the current owners are connected but it reopened under the new name last year and I have been back many times since and rate it the best value - for cost and taste - in Crewe. I am no expert on Thai food, only knowing the basics, but what I've had so far is excellent and all meals are made in front of you (including the rice, in a steamer) from ingredients also kept largely on show, quickly and efficiently by the permanently smiling chef. The service itself is exceedingly friendly and polite even though there isn't a lot of English spoken. Mistakes are rectified immediately, for instance, recently a broken mini spring roll appeared in my side order and was treated with extreme concern by the staff - a new one being rustled up immediately (and I got to keep the broken one, too).

I can't recommend a particular dish as all those I have had so far have been exceptional ( I have tried the Pad Thai, Drunken Noodles, Teriyaki and the red and green curries). The curries are not thick but once added to the generous portion of rice are sensational - beware the garlic! And yes - the portions; they don't look much in those little cardboard pots but beware! I started off by having the large portions but quickly gravitated to regular. Really, it's more than enough; the chef seemingly able to defy physical law and turn the cartons into the culinary equivalent of black holes. If you turn one out, make sure it's into a pasta bowl. And don't forget, you can eat in from your cartons on the window facing bars although bear in mind this isn't a romantic option!

As for price, we have a quick and filling meal for two for less than a tenner and that is tremendous value when you consider a main from a curry or Chinese takeaway will be almost £5 without rice or noodles. I haven't asked recently but I think all orders under £10 need to be cash payments because of the machine charges. All in all, great food, well prepared by polite and friendly staff in clean surroundings at an affordable price. What's not to like?

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Crewedaddy
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Great Thai noodle bar in Crewe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We visited the place on a Wednesday night as we had fancied noodles for dinner and this place had popped up on the tripadvisor restaurants. The place was simple, but clean, run by the chef and the girl at the till.

I opted for the drunken noodles with pork, which was cooked while waiting and proved to be an excellent choice, because the sauce was a bit spicy, without overwhelming all the other ingredients.

A regular portion of noodles was just enough, but next time I'll get the offer for 5 spring rolls for £1.50 along with another taste of noodles.

The menu is available online on their website and I would really wish they would also do deliveries!

1 Thank Nikos S
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“The best and most authentic Thai around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

The suki and pad see eww are the best I have found in the UK so far and my 2. Highly recommended. Just wish they could deliver!

• Visited February 2014