The Hunters Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Crewe Hall(Crewe)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspiecrewe areaseparate buildingbirthday partyfriendly receptionistwedding receptionbar areafish and chipsground floorfull englishlovely foodafternoon teabit datedfunction roomstayed for two nightsvery pleasant staymain course
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed overnight, and proved an excellent choice. Room was well furnished and very comfortable with lovely views and all of the expected amenities. Both evening meal and breakfast were lovely, with lots of choice. The staff were extremely welcoming, helpful and courteous. A great experience all round, and good value for money, too.

Room Tip: I was allocated a room with a lovely view over the surrounding countryside.
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I recently organised a golfing society weekend in Cheshire and we stayed overnight at the Hunters Lodge. Andy and Yvonne were very helpful in assisting with the planning of the stay for 19 of us and in making helpful suggestions. They provided us with a dining area to the back of the building in their function room which was perfectly laid out for our evening meal and prize giving. The evening meal menu was varied and the dishes served to us lived up to expectations in terms of quality and quantity. I can not fault Alex and Yvonne's attention to detail and high levels of service during the whole evening.

Rooms were fine and the breakfast on the Saturday was cooked and served well. I would recommend the Hunters Lodge. Many thanks to all

Room Tip: maybe not by the gym area
1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I recently stayed at The Hunter Lodge as part of an exclusive booking with a golfing party. In previous years we have always stayed at the golf complex but this year we did something different by booking the golf and hotel / restaurant seperately.

As an exclusive booking we expected to be able to stay up to whatever time we wanted and play our music as loud and late as we wanted, however we were pleasantly suprised that there staff to attend to us throughout the evening. The meal itself was superb with plenty of choice and very ample portions. Also the breakfast set us up perfectly for another round of golf.

Next year the organiser will be hard pressed to come up with a venue as suitable as The Hunters Lodge.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Have stayed at this hotel several times since my last visit and need to review it again due to a decline in quality.

Firstly the food: Overpriced now that they are using cheaper ingredients, although its obvious the chef knows what he is doing which mitigates this somewhat.

Staff: Seems to be minimal staff these days, with the receptionist helping to serve breakfasts on a Saturday morning. This means unless you know where to look, you will be waiting a while to check out.

Rooms: I spent a rather sleepless night recently due to a toilet constantly running and the water pipes making noise as the water flowed them. I eventually gave up at 2.30 AM and removed the top of the toilet and fixed the ballcock myself. The carpets in the rooms are dirty and stained, and the overall ambiance of the place is that of a down at heel old folks home due to the tired and dated decor. The last room I stayed in had large amounts of paint flaking off the ceiling due to water damage.

Breakfast: Saturday morning you get less than you do during the week. Missing at the weekends are yoghurts, fruit and pastries which are usually available during the week. Why? Breakfast is the same price all week. Service is still too rushed, and the last breakfast I had there (last week) seemed to have just been thrown at the plate and looked dreadful. It wasn't fresh either and parts of it had clearly been sat around keeping warm.

This is a great shame, because the Hunters Lodge used to be a great little place 3 years ago when I first started going there. I feel that the downturn in the economy, and the opening of other places in the Crewe area taking some of their market share is forcing them to economize which is a grave mistake. It seems though that my company are making alternative arrangements and we will not be using this hotel in future.

Room Tip: Choose a Premiere Inn
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bishytraveller84
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Just had 2 xmas parties at the lodge ,the 2nd one stayed the night.Both fantastic nights and the food was great.Breaky was brilliant.The staff are very friendly and do anything for you.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple