“new years eve”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
wolverhampton
“new years eve”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

attended the new years eve celebrations for the third year running and yet again what an excellent evening with good food excellent staff and a totally relaxed atmosphere. room was adequate but not top notch.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I recently stayed at the Hunters Lodge during my business trip from Canada. I can honestly say, that out of my two week trip, the Hunters Lodge was the untidiest, most disgusting place I stayed in. My room had mould around the tub and shower, the room stank like a smokers market, the food was horrific, and the staff were kids from Eastern Europe that had no ability, and could hardly speak English. Horrible place. Stay well clear of it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Andrew P, Owner at The Hunters Lodge, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I would however like to address some of the points you have raised.

If I am honest, I am not sure from your descriptions that you have submitted your review to the correct hotel, one reason being that as all our front of house staff are native English speakers your comment "and the staff were kids from Eastern Europe that had no ability, and could hardly speak English" has me completely baffled? We do not currently employ any Eastern European staff!

Our kitchen and housekeeping teams take pride in their high standards, as can be seen from the many previous reviews.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your booking in further detail, if you would like to conact me directly with your reservation number at info@hunterslodge.co.uk
Stockton on Tees
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Was needing to be in the north west close to the M6 so booked. Easy to find hotel area in separate
Building behind bar and restaurant. Rooms are large, clean and tidy, good bathroom and also free wifi which is very important.

Ate in the bar and a very nice ribeye steak and a Guinness, staff were friendly and helpful.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We visited here for a family lunch. The sunday lunch menu is good value, £16.95 for 3 courses with coffee and mints. The food is very nice, good selection, vegetables are served separately so you can choose which to have. The only downside was very slow service. Long intervals between courses and even being shown to the table was a bit of a wait. There isn't much atmosphere and the lighting is quite bright. If you want a good value sunday lunch then it's worth it, but not if you're short of time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed for one night, booked at short notice. I booked a single room and the only disappointment was that it had a shower and not a bath; I did not think to ask, I was looking forward to a relaxing bath. The room was spotless. All of the staff were very friendly; housekeeping, reception and restaurant staff. The breakfast was superb with choice of poached haddock, smoked salmon, full break-fast or just beans on toast. I had the full break-fast and the scrambled egg was just right!
I also ate a bar meak in the evening; again the staff were friendly and the food was excellent.

Room Tip: Sydney road is very long so do not worry if you can not find the hotel immediately. I enjoyed my gr...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

My wife and I have been to a few christenings etc. and have always been impressed, so we decided to try the Sunday carvery. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable when recommending gluten free options for my wife, and the food was excellent, as was the cask beer.We are unlikely to ever stay here as we only live less than a mile away, so cannot comment on the rooms, but everything else is first class.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, UK
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The lodge has a nice drive approach with ample parking. The accommodation is a newish purpose built building but they really should get a good joiner to come and fix the squeeky floorboards as everyone of them makes a noise. A heavy snorer in the adjacent room kept us awake both nights and on the second night the wedding party moved from the function room back to one of the guests room and partied until the early hours. We could hear every conversation around us so the walls must be poorly constructed. The bar meals were nice and sensibly priced and the beer was well kept.
We'd stay here again but only if we got the same good rate and we'd remember to bring earplugs!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ToonBarmy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Crewe Hall
Chimney House Hotel
Chimney House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sandbach
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to The Hunters Lodge? Share your experiences!