“Weekender - Good, Bad, Best!!”

Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Aberdeen UK
“Weekender - Good, Bad, Best!!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Chose this Premier Inn as it was convenient for a friends birthday party in nearby Middlewich. Checked in online beforehand so paperwork was prefilled on arrival only signature required.Receptionist very pleasant & helpful.
We were assigned room 35 which is on the first floor overlooking the front door and was very spacious and standard Premier Inn spec. I was impressed with the large wall mounted television which was a welcome change from the small screens you would normally expect. The bed was very comfortable, only complaint so far with this room was the fan in the bathroom which was very loud and after having a shower stayed on for a long time. As we were going to a function and had travelled down from Scotland we had a little nap which was fine, as I said very comfy bed and was reluctant to get up.
The bad part was after we got back from the function around 1 am and going to bed we were awakened twice during the night by inconsiderate guests outside in the smoking area chattering away loudly. I had read other reviews regarding the efficiency of the double glazing but unfortunately it did not work in this case. We requested another room for our 2nd night and were assigned room 59, we packed up and left our cases with the receptionist, these were put into the room later in the day when the room became available. Room 59 was very similar to the first room but I'm pleased to say was much quieter and the fan was much better too. Another plus point in the hotel was the fire doors in the corridor all had very quiet closers so there were no bangs from the corridor.
The best part, Premier Inn has a 'Good Night Guarantee', we left very early in the morning as we were travelling back home. I mentioned the guarantee to the night porter, he took a note of my details and said he would pass it on to the staff coming on later. I was sent an email @ 5.30am with a copy of my invoice with the first night refunded!! Excellent service all round by Premier Inn Crewe West, I will stay here again when visiting in the future but will make sure I request a room away from the front door.
Did not use the adjoining restaurant but it was very busy with local people so I think they must be doing something right.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on the car park side, away from the front door.
1 Thank royzee28
Crewe W, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Royzee28,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to complete a review on TripAdisor for Crewe West Premier Inn.

I do see that you had a few different issues during your stay, I am glad to see that the team on duty reacted quickly to them. I do appologise that you didnt have a good night sleep with us, and I hope that this is OK for you.

I hope to welcome you in the future at Crewe West Premier Inn, Before you arrive if you would like to give us a call and we will be able to assist you on your booking with us and ensure that we will give you a quiet room :)

Amy - Reception Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is what I've come to expect from a Premier Inn, all clean and new. Staff excellent as ever.
Unfortunately the attached Beefeater restaurant lets it down, though the real ale was good.
Do yourself a favour and walk down the road to The Rising Sun which has excellent beers, top food and happy staff.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Matsaleh,

I would like to thank you for your time in completing a review on Crewe West Premier Inn, where you recently stayed.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasent stay and had great service within the Premier Inn. I will pass on your comments to the reception team, and housekeeping team as they all like to hear what our guests have to stay about their stay and how their work impacts guests.

I will also pass on your comments about the Farmhouse Beefeater to Sarah - the General Manager about the dissapointing time you received during your visit.

Birmingham, UK
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel in August having attended a wedding in nearby Nantwich. We arrived very late at night yet still the staff were friendly and welcoming. We had a very tired four year old and bags in tow and it was no trouble at all for the chap on reception to give us hand with doors etc.
We had stayed at the Premier Inn Weston the week before and we laughed to ourselves as the room in Crewe was exactly the same. To be honest, that's what we like about PI - you know what you're going to get. As usual we had a good night's sleep on a comfy bed with choice of pillows.
We had breakfast at the restaurant in the morning which was the usual stuff. What I particularly remember was the pleasant staff (nothing was too much trouble) and Sunday morning radio playing in the background. A homely touch - loved it!
I've said before in previous reviews that The PI is our hotel of choice when travelling in the UK. Our stay at Crewe has simply reinforced that thought.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasent stay and had great service. I will pass on your comments to the reception team, and housekeeping team as they all like to hear what our guests have to stay about their stay and how their work impacts guests.

Ilfracombe
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Large comfortable room but forget the Beefeater next door.
Over priced for the food poor - gristly steak and overdone dry burger. In fairness the Manager did apologise and offered us a free Irish coffee ( which we didn't take up). I will take sandwiches next time we stay there.

Dear Guest,

I do apologise for the inconvenience of the food from the Farmhouse Beefeater, I will pass on your comments to Sarah the General Manager.

Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful. A good pub next door ensuring they ticked all the boxes. Very comfortable and spacious as you expect from Premier Inn. Easy to find and only a few miles off the M6.

Hello BigboySteven,

I will also pass on your comments about the Farmhouse Beefeater to Sarah - the General Manager who will also be greatful if you have a moment to spare to write a review on their tripadvisor page, about your visit.

The team and myself look forward to seeing you again in future :)

Witham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Enjoyed our stay very much. Hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. Rooms were spacious and beds so comfortable. The adjoining Beefeater was also very good standard. We enjoyed both an evening meal and a breakfast and couldn't fault either.
Before our trip everyone was asking what's in Crewe and now at least I have one answer.....
An excellent Premier Inn!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

The team and myself look forward to seeing you again in future :)

Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

For the price of a Premier Inn you could expect less but I've had the best service at these places and Crewe was no exception. Breakfast was great too and worth the money, especially since our hungry toddler could eat for free.

The location is well placed for easy access and gives you chance to explore Nantwich, Chester, Cheshire and Crewe or Stoke. We will use this place again to visit our friends in the area.

Room Tip: Even if you are bringing your own cot for small children, book a cot to get a sizeable room and one...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
CreweWestPI, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear BlueReZZ,

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of the breakfast we serve here and it's great that your toddler enjoyed it too!

Thank you for your review and I hope to see you again in the future

Regards
Kirsty
Premier Inn Team Leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Travelodge Crewe Hotel
The Hunters Lodge
The Hunters Lodge
#4 of 9 in Crewe
Best Western Crewe Arms Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel? Share your experiences!