“Good value”

Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here last year when visiting friends in Nantwich - very good value for money, very clean and overall was impressed with the experience. Not usually a big fan of chain hotels after bad experiences with Travelodge, but Premier Inn changed my opinion!

Despite seeing bad reviews, I also had 3 great meals in the Beefeater Grill attached!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Crewe W, Manager at Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Hello Shona,

I would like to thank you for your time in completing a review on Crewe West Premier Inn, where you recently stayed, and also the feedback given to me on the Farmhouse Beefeater.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasent stay and had great service. I will pass on your comments to the reception team, and housekeeping team as they all like to hear what our guests have to stay about their stay and how their work impacts guests.

I will also pass on your comments about the Farmhouse Beefeater to Sarah - the General Manager who will also be greatful if you have a moment to spare to write a review on their tripadvisor page, about your visit.

Take care, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Good location
Good car park.
Rooms are large, well appointed.
Beds are VERY comfortable with choice of pillows and excellent bedding.
Towels not bad quality either.
Very clean.
WiFi has been a little hit and miss, it seems to depend which room you stay in and is a little pricey in my view.
Receptionists are friendly.
Water pressure is a little low for sink, but shower is okay.

Room Tip: Noise of traffic if your facing roundabout, but not terrible. If cold when you get in make sure yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello Richard,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your time in completing a review on Crewe West Premier Inn, where you recently stayed.

We have recently gone through a referbishment at the hotel and all our rooms are modern and clean.

Take care, and we hope to see you soon, when your in the Crewe Area.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

stayed at the PREMIER INN CREWE WEST 29th dec 2013 to 31st dec 2013
and found it to be excellent - the wonderful helpful and kind staff the room the
hotel all excellent and will be back to stay again also fount the beefeater restraunte excellent aswell

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Hello Shane,

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the PI for our Christmas trip to family in the area. We have stayed here many times before. The PI seems to have had a bit of an upgrade - better security on the doors to enter bedrooms. We were assigned room 55 which was nice, and made up on arrival. We quickly run out of refreshments but on asking reception they replenished adequately for our stay. Room was clean (apart from my daughter discovering someone else's pj's under her bed)!, extra pillows available. The only negative was the restaurant next door the standards have slipped - we booked for dinner and even though the section we occupied was not overly busy the waitress was very slow. We had a main course each but the mixed grill was very poor - the char in the chargrilled should be replaced with burnt grill - the steak was not much bigger than a 50p the gammon was dryer and tougher than the sole of my shoe, sausage looked like burnt leftover from a BBQ. We didn't complain at the time as it was difficult to pin anyone down!! Drinks order was not always right asked for fresh orange - dilute came back, asked for 2 cokes - 1 coke & lemonade came back !!!!! Breakfast was nice plenty of choice. The staff at PI seem much more customer focused than beefeater.

• Stayed: December 2013

I would like to thank you for your time in completing a review on Crewe West Premier Inn, where you recently stayed., and also giving us feedback on the Beefeater.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasent stay and had great service.We have recently undergone a full referbishment in the Premier Inn and all rooms have been upgraded.

I will also pass on your comments about the Beefeater to Sarah - the General Manager so that she is aware of the problems that you received. I can only apologise for the standards you received.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The best things about this PI are the great staff and the Beefeater full English breakfasts. Standard PI rooms, albeit with single glazed windows on a major roundabout, so road noise and condensation are a problem. The local roads are susceptible to major gridlock late afternoon/early evening, which can make travel very difficult. We stayed for two nights to attend a family wedding and on the second night (post midnight) when we went to bed, discovered that the heating controller had gone faulty and was shining like a beacon in the room..not conducive for a good night's sleep...too late to resolve so covered the offending unit with some dark clothing to darken the room. Attached Beefeater restaurant offered standard fare (breakfast was good apart from over cooked eggs) with staff pushing the reward cards. Overall what we expected from this chain...not great but not bad.

Room Tip: No lifts, so if you have mobility issues ask for a ground floor room with low bed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I would personally like to thank you for your time in completing a review on Crewe West Premier Inn, where you recently stayed, and providing feedback on the Beefeater restaurant attached.

I am sorry to hear that you encountered an issue with the heating in your room and I can only apologise that there was a shining red light that you had to cover.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stopped off due to traffic jams on M6. Staff on reception really helpful and pleasant. Room typical premier in clean big screen telly shower/bath.
Went for meal with colleague ordered steaks didnt get what we asked for one sent back twice one three times. The restaurant and bar were busy but disorganised. Got apology from manager a couple of beers and one meal free. The server was great. didnt blame anyone, explained about large parties and quickly changed things.Thanks Eli.
Enough staff just poorly organised.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello Eli,

I will also pass on your comments about the Farmhouse Beefeater to Sarah - the General Manager who will greatful for your feedback and I am sure will speak to the team on duty.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Chose this Premier Inn as it was convenient for a friends birthday party in nearby Middlewich. Checked in online beforehand so paperwork was prefilled on arrival only signature required.Receptionist very pleasant & helpful.
We were assigned room 35 which is on the first floor overlooking the front door and was very spacious and standard Premier Inn spec. I was impressed with the large wall mounted television which was a welcome change from the small screens you would normally expect. The bed was very comfortable, only complaint so far with this room was the fan in the bathroom which was very loud and after having a shower stayed on for a long time. As we were going to a function and had travelled down from Scotland we had a little nap which was fine, as I said very comfy bed and was reluctant to get up.
The bad part was after we got back from the function around 1 am and going to bed we were awakened twice during the night by inconsiderate guests outside in the smoking area chattering away loudly. I had read other reviews regarding the efficiency of the double glazing but unfortunately it did not work in this case. We requested another room for our 2nd night and were assigned room 59, we packed up and left our cases with the receptionist, these were put into the room later in the day when the room became available. Room 59 was very similar to the first room but I'm pleased to say was much quieter and the fan was much better too. Another plus point in the hotel was the fire doors in the corridor all had very quiet closers so there were no bangs from the corridor.
The best part, Premier Inn has a 'Good Night Guarantee', we left very early in the morning as we were travelling back home. I mentioned the guarantee to the night porter, he took a note of my details and said he would pass it on to the staff coming on later. I was sent an email @ 5.30am with a copy of my invoice with the first night refunded!! Excellent service all round by Premier Inn Crewe West, I will stay here again when visiting in the future but will make sure I request a room away from the front door.
Did not use the adjoining restaurant but it was very busy with local people so I think they must be doing something right.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on the car park side, away from the front door.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank royzee28

Dear Royzee28,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to complete a review on TripAdisor for Crewe West Premier Inn.

I do see that you had a few different issues during your stay, I am glad to see that the team on duty reacted quickly to them. I do appologise that you didnt have a good night sleep with us, and I hope that this is OK for you.

I hope to welcome you in the future at Crewe West Premier Inn, Before you arrive if you would like to give us a call and we will be able to assist you on your booking with us and ensure that we will give you a quiet room :)

Amy - Reception Team Leader

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
Crewe Hall
The Hunters Lodge
#3 of 9 in Crewe
Travelodge Crewe Hotel
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel? Share your experiences!