“Good rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Crewe

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Crewe
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
“Good rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on business for a few days over a couple of weeks.
Rooms brilliant, cosy clean no complaints there.
Breakfast bit of a let down, full English breakfast advertised. But no bacon sausages just did not seem right. otherwise sufficient for my needs.
one draw back is the noise of cars entering and leaving McDonalds. a 24 hour store so cars revving engines and blowing of horns until early hours of morning.

great location close to city centre.
Staff friendly and curtious.
Hope to stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear David D

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to read about the noise from McDonald's, this review will be forewarded to the site manager to ensure that the noise is kept to a minimum at all times. I'm also so to read that you were misinformed about the breakfast being a Full English, the Express brand only offer a free Express Start Breakfast with only 3 hot items, these are sausages, scrambled eggs and beans

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is lovely with a modern bathroom, powerful shower a nice balcony and a spacious room. But our room overlooked the 24hr McDonald's in the car park. It was a Sunday night but still there were loud numptees beeping their horns and shouting way in to the night. Apparently the hotel management asked McD's to request their customers to be quiet but they aren't interested! If a company is that uncaring about people nearby who could well be their own customers then they do not deserve my future custom. So for me it is a reason to hate McDonalds!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Midlifecrisis2001
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Midlifecrisis2001

Tubal you for your review. I'm sorry to read that your stay was not a good one due to McDonald's visitors making noise. I will forward this review into the site manager so that she can speak to the team there to ensure they monitor the car park to try and stop the noise going forward

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Kind Regards
Craig Pearmain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a single night over a bank holiday weekend.
Superb very modern, clean, well equipped rooms, better built and styled than you'd expect from a H.I. Express.
Breakfast was good with a selection of just sausages, beans and scrambled eggs, for full english, but you can revisit it as many times as you wish.
The continental selection was good if a little narrow. Good for Free though.
Check in and out were swift and parking sufficient if a little tight on space size for a larger car, access from car parking to the hotel is by a rear entrance, straight to reception.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for your review. It's great to see that your stay with us was a great one. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Kind Regards
Craig Pearmain
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and as every I'm very impressed with the customer service. The one person who stood out the most was the night porter Jamie. I like it here as it's close to Crewe centre and a large number of restaurants

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Chrissi F

Thank you for your review. It's great to see that Jamie stood out in his customer service. I will ensure a copy of the review is passed on to him
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My son and I stayed here overnight on 5th April. It was clean and tidy - as I would hope from this chain. We usually stay at Travelodges if at all possible (only those with decent reviews!), but this is ovbiously a step up from them. It may sound trivial but I particularly appreciated a hairdryer which was plugged in next to the mirror - very sensible! I always look for free parking, and this had plenty - remember to let reception know that you've parked there, and give them the reg. no. or you may be fined (not by HIE). It is right next to a MacDonalds- which was great as far as my son was concerned! Not far away, though, is a shopping area which has a Frankie and Benny's and various other shops like Halfords, Farm Foods (or maybe it was Iceland?), Costa . . . There is also a reasonably priced pub not too far away (by car, maybe 3 or 4 mins?), as well as the town centre with other places to eat. The hotel does do meals but we tend to eat out in the evenings when away, to experience what the locale has to offer. The hotel breakfast (included in the price) was good - a buffet of cold (eg cereal, fruit, yoghurts) and hot options (eg sausages, scrambled egg, beans, toast, croissants). As much as you like, to start the day off well. I like the self-service buffet idea as there's no hanging around waiting, and we needed to have ours early and quickly (available from 7am at weekends, but I think from 6am on weekdays).
I would definitely use this hotel again if I was going to be in the Crewe vicinity again.
Beds were comfortable, shower was lovely, staff were very helpful - all in all

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor at the back overlooking the bowling green and there were no problems. There...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CraigPearmain, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad to hear that the parking, facilities & the local area treated you very well & that you very much enjoyed your stay with us here in Crewe. I will provide all of our team with your feedback & I hope that we can welcome you back sometime soon.
Ellon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night at this hotel for business.

First thing to say is the rooms are very nice and are well laid out and clean/comfortable. I was disappointed there was no bath but that tends to be the norm these days.

There is plenty of parking and there is a McDonald's near by along with other restaurants a short walk away towards the town centre.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. However I was with a party of five who were staying for dinner and they were not really able to cope with as little as that along with a few other guests. There appeared to be only 2 staff on and between them they were serving food, working the bar and checking in guests. They were clearly running out of food as well. Our dinners were OK but we were not convinced that the meals were not microwaved. Certainly my burger had the look and taste of a microwave burger.

However, food aside it is a very pleasant hotel and as I always say in my reviews, as long as the staff are friendly and helpful I can overlook a lot of other problems. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us, firstly I would like to thank you about your kind words in relation to the staff, service & the rooms within our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you encountered some problems during your stay whilst having dinner with us, this feedback has been taken on board & discussed with the team to address this & improve the quality of food served.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.