“Good value”

Ranked #2 of 4 Crewe B&B and Inns
Crewe, England, United Kingdom
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Very close to the railway station and at £35 for a single room it is good value. Friday and Saturday Disco / Live music venue can make it lively. The Nantwich road has many restaurants and fast food outlets close by including Indian and Thai. Bus stop at the station with buses to the Potteries and Chester.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room at weekends.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank David E

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Despite negative reviews from other guests, we had no problems with noise on a Friday night. Our room was fine for the price and warm, even though it was a very cold night. Above average, very generous breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor, away from noise of street
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampshire uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

During my stay at the hotel I was waiting for the crew of only fools and horses to come out of the wood work and call it trip to Crewe and not Margate. The room was cold even thought the heat was on but all of this heat went straight out the window as it has that many gaps in it even when closed tight. There was no bedside lamp for you to use and not even a toilet roll holder in the bath room just a roll placed on the system.The room was over the high street and with that many gaps in the window the niose from outside ( not a club night ) kept me awake most of the night.
Must admit the only saving grace was that the breakfast in the morning was of a good standard.
Next time I will read reviews and hope people read mine and make up your own mind one not to go onto the re-visit list.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel if you want a quiet night
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank lloyd m

Travellers are raving about these Crewe hotels

Howell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2008

We held our first reunion for HMS Troubridge (the last commission 1966-1969) in October 2007 and the hotel staff made it a very memorable occasion for us all and went above and beyond our expectations. The hotel gave us our own private area in the main bar and decorated it with photo's etc they dug from who knows where for the weekend as well as catering a great reunion dinner on Saturday night. We were so impressed we are holding our reunion there this year. Bryan

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Romft1
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2007

I do not post messages here very often but I was shocked to see a negative review on this establishment and decided I would jump in to add my two cents worth. While traveling through England recently I was fortunate enough to happen upon the Royal Hotel in Crewe. I arrived on a Friday with no reservations. I sighted the hotel from the train station and walked to the establishment hoping they would have some reasonable accommodation's available as I was quite weary from my travels. I was greeted by a very friendly girl who kindly gave me a cheap rate of 33 Pounds Sterling per night. I was surprised when she told me that would also include my breakfast! I got a very tidy room with a bath in it. I fully expected to have to truck down the hall for showers etc. for the price I was paying and knowing how lodging can be in the UK. At breakfast the next morning I expected the usual cold buffet of seemingly leftover goods only to find out the food was some of the best I had eaten on my entire trip! I enjoyed it so well I took dinner there that night and planned to visit their Pub for a nightcap. I often travel by myself and have experienced being the outsider in a new place with little more than an obligatory "Hello" or "Cheers" I really didn't expect anything more than that simply topping off the evening with a few drinks. What I got instead was a very warm greeting not only from the bartender and the staff but ended up meeting most of the patrons that night. By the time I left I felt as if I were actually part of the community! If you are used to fluffy robes and whirlpool tubs in your suite this may not be the place for you. I do enjoy those kinds of accommodation's as well but in England I find they will cost me in excess of $500.00 per night American! The Royal Hotel in Crewe was the best value and experience I had on my entire stay in the country! A great overall experience.

• Liked — The People and the Food!
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BudCaruso
Europe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2007

The Royal Hotel provided me with the worst night's accommodation I have ever had in a UK hotel. They added £5.00 to rate of the room I had booked on the basis that the rooms at that price were all booked. Surprising, as I had booked 4 months previously.
The noise from the disco was intolerable, so much so that guests were wandering the hotel corridors in their night clothes at 3.00am. They daren't go outside as the 'hotel' is located in one of the worst areas of Crewe as far as kids out causing trouble are concerned. The sound of police and ambulance sirens added to the difficult of getting to sleep, even when the noise of the disco finall died down.
The room itself was dirty and tiny and lacked most of the advertisied facilities. The staff were agressive and rude and breakfast is only served from 8.30 onwards useless if you have work to do. However, as I have no doubt the breakfast would lead to food poisoning I am glad I missed it
Do not go to this place.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Hotel
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank TimetravelerEurope
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

The Royal Hotel was the ideal place for my small group to stay on an excursion to Alton Towers Theme Park. The hotel was close to the Crewe rail station and a short train ride from Uttoxeter where we picked up a bus to Alton Towers.

The rate was reasonable and the hotel was clean. It's an old building and it's very simple but it worked out very well for us. The staff was exceptionally friendly including the bartenders at the adjacent bar. I'd definitely return in the future if I'm in the area.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast is only served during a 2 hour period
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends