“Fantastic”

Price range: US$14 - US$58
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A unique steakhouse experience -At Miller & Carter we know a thing or two about steak. In fact, we could say that we're one of the best steakhouses in Ellesmere Port. But we'd rather leave that to your judgement.Because once you've tasted our hand-cut, 28-day aged British steaks you'll soon appreciate the care of our farmers, the exacting standards of our butchers and the passion of our chefs. Don't just take our word for it; book a table and decide for yourself.We're right next door to the Cheshire Oaks designer outlet, making us ideal for a spot of post-shopping lunch or dinner.The best of British beef -Our premium-graded British beef is reared on carefully selected, sustainable British farms. So whichever your favourite cut, we can trace every forkful back to the field.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

First time here and will definitely be back, steak was amazing, friendly staff, lovely atmosphere and wine, well worth a visit xx

“Great service good food!”
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

We loved the whole service and the food was fantastic, would recommend highly!

Wirral
“Excellent, can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My friend and I dropped in here for an early dinner before going to the nearby Vue cinema. We noticed the small sign at the entrance about the dress code and had a good laugh before we went in, inspecting each other’s appearance to make sure we both looked presentable. Luckily we were not turned away!

The decor is classic, tasteful with subdued lighting. It was fairly quiet when we arrived at about 6pm on a Saturday so we got a table no problem, but it did fill up while we were there. I didn’t notice any children there which was a bonus as we were having a childfree night out! The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.

We had the bread board, olives and garlic bread and cheese to start which was nicely presented and perfectly acceptable. For our mains my friend had steak cooked exactly to her specific requirements (medium to well done)and ribs which gave a very generous portion. I hesitantly ordered seared tuna... I hate tuna that is overcooked, but this one was perfect and completely delicious. We both had dessert which were light and just right to finish off.

During the meal my friend asked for a glass of tap water and this was brought chilled in a glass bottle with two glasses of ice and lemon, which I thought showed a nice attention to detail. The service was efficient and professional. The bill for 3 courses, plus cocktails, coffee and one class of wine was £65. The whole experience was entirely enjoyable and I cannot fault anything about the meal or service. I’m going again with hubby as soon as I can get a babysitter!

• Visited July 2012
Chester, England
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Popped in with my daughter, had been once before and it had been OK - that was some time ago.

This time everything was first rate. The atmosphere and decor were smart but relaxing. Service was very good, attentive and friendly but not pushy. Food was very good indeed. Nothing complicated - chicken wings, salads, two steaks. Everything tasted great. The steaks were cooked bang to order, the meat was very good and the various side dishes and sauces were excellent.

Easily the best option at this site although other places aren't bad.

• Visited July 2012
Chester, United Kingdom
“Got more than bargained for!”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The steaks here come in tremendously useful if your shoes require resoling. The soggy trainer like the one on my plate fit snug on my stylish boots! Thanks guys!!!!

• Visited May 2012