“Never a bad meal here”

Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A unique steakhouse experience -At Miller & Carter we know a thing or two about steak. In fact, we could say that we're one of the best steakhouses in Ellesmere Port. But we'd rather leave that to your judgement.Because once you've tasted our hand-cut, 28-day aged British steaks you'll soon appreciate the care of our farmers, the exacting standards of our butchers and the passion of our chefs. Don't just take our word for it; book a table and decide for yourself.We're right next door to the Cheshire Oaks designer outlet, making us ideal for a spot of post-shopping lunch or dinner.The best of British beef -Our premium-graded British beef is reared on carefully selected, sustainable British farms. So whichever your favourite cut, we can trace every forkful back to the field.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have been here a few times now and on each occasion it has been different but excellent.

2 family meals and one "Date night" meal.

The staff are excellent, they are friendly, esp "scouse Jo!" and our waiter the other nite whoi was the head barman, and I cant remember his name, but what a sterling job he did for his first night.

The table was booked and was ready when we all arrived, we were asked if we wanted to have a drink at the bar or go straight through, this was also the same on the other visits. Once showed to the table, we were left to peruse the menu and we were not rushed, drinks order was taken and swiftly delivered.

Care was taken on the ordering so he got this right and all came out just as we had asked.

On previous occasions when we wanted wine, help was offered choosing and even given a sample of 2 wines so as to make a confirmed choice.

The steaks were well cooked, well presented and tasted marvellous, the atmosphere is always good no matter what the occasion is and nothing is too much trouble.

Cocktails are made to perfection and drunk within minutes... more please!

In essence this place is very good. I never mind paying if the service and food is good and when you book at this place you know your wallet is going home a lot lighter but you also go home with a huge smile on your face.

Highly recommended.

Victoria S, General Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I will make sure Jo and Mike get to read this as I know he will be over the moon! I'm really glad you enjoy visiting us and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Arriving at 7:30 on a Friday evening, we where told that all the meat on the bone had gone! - anyway alas a good selection of steaks to be had , starters where average tempura prawns where nice and the prawn cocktail typical arrangement but I'm convinced they where defrosted. Hey seemed ice cold. We ordered the fillet medium rare - arrived rare and had to go back, but hey these things happen, we did get some extra fries. The meat was flavoursome but a bit chewy . I ordered the 12 oz sirloin , packed full of flavour, cooked to perfection but I had to chew it like a pair of flip flops, maybe this was just a bad cut of meat but I would expect any meat at medium rare to melt not take about 25-35 chews to get it down. Anyways that's my honest review, I did like the quarter ice berg lettuce with sauce as an added extra, most of the staff seemed to be working as schools where off, so the whole expert steak house with expert chef and staff that didn't display much knowledge at all. I paid the bill the extra fried dip help but no tip was given.

1  Thank fairdinkumreview
Victoria S, General Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hi,

Thank you taking the time to review us. I apologise that the Sirloin you chose with us was not up to our usual standard - feel free to tell us on the evening if such thing ever happens again and we will replace it straight away and ensure it is up to our standards.

We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food. Fantastic surroundings. Jo our server was absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to go back again and sample the AWESOME SUCCULENT GORGEOUS food. PERFECT visit.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It looks you've had a really nice evening with us so I am very pleased. I'm glad we could make your evening special and I will ensure Jo gets the recognition she deserves.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Some of the starters were out of this world and we would go back again for their nachos!! Very good mains too and tho more pricey than nearby restaurants it was worth it. Friendly staff - tho we needed to chase them down for top up drinks

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review us. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We have a new menu coming on in a few months and there are some lovely new starters and dessert coming on the menu.......watch this space

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Had the t bone it was cooked to perfection and the first bite told me that I was going to enjoy my food, breaded onions were really tasty as was my sweet potato chips and tomato ... Salad wedge with honey and mustard was a nice touch also all washed down with 2 pints of peroni not bad for 30 quid , I've had steaks at every other restraraunt at chesire oaks and would never go back after eating here ... Only thing I could say is my fillet part of t bone was a little small but that was my luck of the cut ... I will be ordering a full fillet next time because it melts in your mouth. Love steak! Bravo

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. Do try the Fillet next time, it's pretty special! As you say T-Bone's can vary in the size of meat ratio on each side of the bone. If you enjoyed the T-Bone so much simply ask us for a big Fillet side and we will do our best.