Arrived at the hotel around 3pm, check in very easy and infortmative, got in the lift and straight in to the room. Very pleasant, clean room, great flat screen TV, great view over the canal.
Swimming pool & gym is literally opposite the hotel a few steps away, small pool but it doesn't matter, we didn't even go in there. Location is very good, on arrival it looked a little run down but as soon as you get in to the hotel's vicinity it's great. Being right next to the canal is very nice, the restaurant backs right on to the canal and a very pleasant view.
The room was good, plenty of room, bathroom with towels and soaps & body/hair wash. Room had extra pillows, ironing board & iron, hair dryer, and tea/coffee making facilities which were good. We had a great night sleep, very comfy and couldn't hear anybody else which is always a bonus, not nice hearing doors/toilets in the night, none of that in this hotel.
We stayed B&B and the morning breakfast was very good!! It was buffet hot food but my plate was steaming from the food and that was going down at 9:15 ish, which was very good as usually food is cold by this time. Very pleased with this! Also it's nice to see named yoghurts and cereals, they offered Alpen in sachets, usually they are just in open bowels, which again was a nice touch!
Area was very good, took me around 10 mins max (drive) to get to the shopping centre & Cheshire Oaks which we loved. Also loads of restaurants in the area like Nando's, pizza hut, a steak house, Chiqitos, Harvester, so very local & I'm sure a taxi would cost very little to them!
The only thing we seen that may have needed a little updating was the wall paper outside the lift on the 1st floor, but literally that is it.. so nothing really!
Over all very happy with our stay and would definitely stay again. Also reception very helpful, recommended a few places & said she would print directions etc off if we needed it! very friendly.
We were due to visit Chester Zoo (this hotel offers reduced ticket prices) however it rained all day so gave that 1 a miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port/Cheshire Oaks, whether for leisure weekends in the Chester area or that business trip or conference to the North West. The hotel is delightfully situated on the tranquil and attractive Wirral peninsula near the historic river Mersey waterfront, adjacent to the award winning National Boat Museum, with immediate access to both historic City of Chester or across the River Mersey to Liverpool. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is only 30 minutes away, Manchester International Airport only 40 minutes away and with a P&O fast ferry service to Ireland available in Liverpool, the hotel is the most central position to explore the whole of the North West of England. All 83 luxuriously air conditioned bedrooms with HSIA connections have splendid views of the surrounding locks and canal waterways. Our Leisure club includes indoor swimming pool, sauna, sun shower and gymnasium. The hotel is near to Royal Liverpool Golf Cub, Chester Race Course, Blue Planet Aquarium, Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Village & Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Hotel Ellesmere Port
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port
- Ellesmere Port Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Ellesmere Port