I stayed at the Holiday Inn on the 19.11.13
On booking into the hotel (early by the way) the lovely receptionist (Derron) quickly sorted both my colleague and I our rooms out. Very professional and friendly by the way.
We presented our products to customers in a small room where the temperature control seemed to be an issue.
We had a buffet style hit lunch in the restaurant where the food and service was excellent and the chefs should be commended.
That evening after a meal at a local restaurant I retired back to my room for a shower and a good nights sleep.
Unfortunately I was unable to engage the shower mechanism and for ease resorted to having a bath. I was feeling cold after the bath and tried to adjust the room temperature which had no affect what so ever in the room. I suspect it was broke just like that of the room we had presented in earlier that day.
When checking out I informed a receptionist of the issue. She was concerned and summoned her line manager who really couldn't care less to be honest. She more concerned about guests arriving for a meeting. I was left feeling disappointed.
On attempting to leave the hotel I was first blocked in by a delivery driver and then after 10 mins I was able to get out of the carparking space to get trapped once again by a laundry truck on the small single track bridge for another 10 min. This was very inconvenient and annoying.
I don't think I would choose to stop here again. There are some basic fundamental issues that need addressing to make this a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port/Cheshire Oaks, whether for leisure weekends in the Chester area or that business trip or conference to the North West. The hotel is delightfully situated on the tranquil and attractive Wirral peninsula near the historic river Mersey waterfront, adjacent to the award winning National Boat Museum, with immediate access to both historic City of Chester or across the River Mersey to Liverpool. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is only 30 minutes away, Manchester International Airport only 40 minutes away and with a P&O fast ferry service to Ireland available in Liverpool, the hotel is the most central position to explore the whole of the North West of England. All 83 luxuriously air conditioned bedrooms with HSIA connections have splendid views of the surrounding locks and canal waterways. Our Leisure club includes indoor swimming pool, sauna, sun shower and gymnasium. The hotel is near to Royal Liverpool Golf Cub, Chester Race Course, Blue Planet Aquarium, Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Village & Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Hotel Ellesmere Port
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port
- Ellesmere Port Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Ellesmere Port