Reasonable hotel, staff very pleasant. Breakfast was very good.Location was very nice next to the locks and shipping canal. Area away from hotel not so good.
On booking in beware of deposit charged to your debit card. They ask for your debit or credit card to pre-authorise your payment for your stay. What they do NOT inform you is that they actually put some of your funds which you have in your bank on hold. The amount they place a hold on is equivalent to your first nights stay, so if your first night is £70 then they put a hold on an extra £70. if it's £160 then £160 is held ans so on.
Therefore when you check out they take the money for your stay from your bank but the extra they have pre-authorised you stays on hold which means you have funds in your bank account which you can not access until they release the hold on it. In my case it has now been a total of 1 week.
I telephoned my bank today to be told that the hold will be removed by the bank if they have not claimed the ,money by next Saturday, which they should not as the actual bill has been paid and has cleared in my bank, so the funds in my bank are still unavailable to me. This has caused my mortgage payment to bounce which will then incur me extra charges by the bank.
This is totally wrong!! They have caused me to have a problem I would never otherwise of had!!!!
Also they DO NOT inform you about this deposit hold when you book in.
As for the room. The bath is so narrow to stand in to shower and very slippery once it is wet and soapy it is dangerous. The thin quilt on the bed, if you look under it,s cover has seen better days. ! pack of 3 biscuits between 2 people in the room with the complimentary tea/coffee.
Some parts of carpet in corridore threadbare and puckered up this is an accident waiting to happen.
I think they need to spend a little money on the soft furnishings, carpets, and dated bathrooms.
A complimentary packet of biscuits each with our complimentary tea/coffee would be most welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port/Cheshire Oaks, whether for leisure weekends in the Chester area or that business trip or conference to the North West. The hotel is delightfully situated on the tranquil and attractive Wirral peninsula near the historic river Mersey waterfront, adjacent to the award winning National Boat Museum, with immediate access to both historic City of Chester or across the River Mersey to Liverpool. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is only 30 minutes away, Manchester International Airport only 40 minutes away and with a P&O fast ferry service to Ireland available in Liverpool, the hotel is the most central position to explore the whole of the North West of England. All 83 luxuriously air conditioned bedrooms with HSIA connections have splendid views of the surrounding locks and canal waterways. Our Leisure club includes indoor swimming pool, sauna, sun shower and gymnasium. The hotel is near to Royal Liverpool Golf Cub, Chester Race Course, Blue Planet Aquarium, Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Village & Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Hotel Ellesmere Port
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port
- Ellesmere Port Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks Ellesmere Port