“Little Gem”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ellesmere Port
Ledbury, United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I imagine it would be very hard to find a hotel to equal the quiet location and picturesque setting of the Holiday Inn at Ellesmere Port, add to this the friendly and excellent service from all of the staff, and you've got a little Gem. Would be happy to go back any time! :)

Room Tip: We were in 228... very quiet and no complaints
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Michelle M, Manager at Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Karen B,

Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port / Cheshire Oaks. I'm pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, you received excellent service and found our staff to be friendly.

I am pleased to hear that you would stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back

Department Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have just spent two days at the holiday inn in ellesmere port , overall it was a good stay , I was in ellesmere port for a funeral so I can not say that it was a pleasant stay .
Any way upon arrival I was really impressed with the staff member at the reception desk who was very polite & helpful when booking inn , my room was very clean & tidy & was all I had thought it would be , later that night I went down to the bar for a drink & also to watch the football there was only around 15 people in the bar & there was 2 members of staff on duty , I sat at my table for half an hour with my drink but there was also 2 empty glasses on my table from the person who had sat there before me , any way I went to the bar for my second drink leaving my empty glass on the table with the other 2 empty glasses .
I stood at the bar for around 3 minutes why the bar staff chatted to each other , eventually I got served went back to my table & drank my second beer 25 minutes leather a bartender came & removed all 4 empty glasses 55 minutes it took to check the tables as there were empty glasses on other tables ( bad bar staff ) , the next morning I went for breakfast in the restaurant & what a difference in service the staff were really friendly & efficient especially the older lady with short dark hair , over all my stay was really good with great staff members in all departments except in the bar . I will definitely return to this hotel again .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Colin F
Michelle M, Manager at Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Colin F,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port / Cheshire Oaks.

Despite the circumstances i'm pleased to hear you had a good stay with us, you were impressed with the Reception Staff on arrival and you were happy with your bedroom.

I'm sorry to hear your comments regarding our Bar Staff, I have passed on your comments to the relevant head of department who will ensure further training is carried out.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your Breakfast and you found our Breakfast Staff friendly.

I'm happy that you would return to stay at the Hotel again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back

Wedding Coordinator
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Everything you expect from the Holiday Inn Brand. I have stayed here numerous times and the quality has been the same every time. Recently I took my grandparents due to my graddads love of boats etc and we went around the museum and every night/morning you could find him looking out of his hotel window onto the canal watching the boats etc.

Breakfast is amazing as always and a great choice.

Looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank taz15485
Dear taz15484,

Thank you for your review and your positive comments following your stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port / Cheshire Oaks.

I'm glad to hear that you and your Grandparents had a good stay with us, you enjoyed the surroundings and you enjoyed your Breakfast.

I'm pleased to hear that you would return to stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here first 11 years ago for my son's wedding and everything was brand new after a refurb. We were dismayed to see on our visit last week that the public bar area has not changed in all this time and the furniture can only be described as grotty. However, the room was lovely with very comfortable beds and the food and service was great. We will stay here again if we are in this area, but the only thing that lets it down is the dingy bar upholstery.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank missuspin
Michelle M, Manager at Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear missuspin,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port.

I'm pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us and that you were pleased with the bedrooms, the food and the service.

I will pass on your comments regarding the furniture in the bar area to our General Manager.

I'm glad to hear that you would chose to stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in many Holiday Inns around the world and this is on of the best we've stayed at, room 111 is a disabled room with really nice decor, very clean and with plenty of room for the wheelchair in the wetroom, staff were nice and helpful, nice bar area, free WIFI, and a very quite location surrounded by canals and locks, we will be back..

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JasonandJane

Thank you for your review following your review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port.

I'm delighted to hear that you had a good stay with us and your were happy with the space in our accessible bedroom.

I'm glad you enjoyed our location and our staff where helpful.

I'm pleased to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back

Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Met up with a friend for a catch up and some retail therapy, usually stay over at another hotel but decided we needed a change and opted for HIEP - we were not disappointed. Very friendly and helpful staff, nice size rooms and comfy beds. Good location for Cheshire Oaks. Breakfast good and plenty of variety, evening meal disappointing. I was on 2nd floor and slept well, friend on 1st floor and was disturbed by staff pushing trolleys across the road to the leisure facility. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cshore2012
Michelle M, Manager at Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear cshore2012,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere port / Cheshire Oaks.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, you were happy with your bedroom you slept well and you enjoyed your Breakfast.

I'm glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful we do pride ourselves on excellent customer service.

I hope that you would chose top stay with us again in the future when visiting the area

We look forward to welcoming you back

Newry, Co Down
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We enjoyed our four night stay at this hotel. Ideal location to travel to Manchester, Liverpool and all retail Outlets and Shopping Malls. Free car parking. £9.80 for a Day Pass on the train to cover all Merseyside. Restaurant food and staff were excellent.

We would like to thank Hollie, Sinead, Dewi, Rick, Fran, Lizzie. Adam, Jan and Namie for making our stay do enjoyable. We would certainly recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Norma224
Michelle M, Manager at Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Norma224,

Thank you for your review and positive comments following your stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port.

I'm pleased to hear you had a good stay with us, you enjoyed our location, the food in the Restaurant and our staff assisted in making your stay an enjoyable one.

I will pass on your thanks to all of the members of staff you have mentioned and i hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellesmere Port
Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel
Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel
Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thor...
#1 of 2 in Childer Thornton
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 44 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,597 reviews
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks? Share your experiences!