Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks
US$87
US$85
Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
US$88
US$86
Woodcote Hotel(Ellesmere Port)
US$100
US$98
Priceline
US$83
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks(Ellesmere Port)
US$63
Travelodge
US$54
Travelodge
US$155
Premier Inn Wirral (Two Mills) Hotel(Ledsham)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
US$127
US$108
US$61
US$53
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboat museumcanal basinthe manchester ship canalfeed the duckschester zoooverflow car parktwo double bedsswimming poolkids eat freeblue planet aquariumdesigner outletretail therapyseparate buildingmin drivebreakfast stafflovely settingretail park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here as a group of us were going to Chester Races & all the hotels in Chester were either full or charging at least double what we paid to stay here, taxi's were about £15 each way to Chester so it was a no brainer really as last year although we stayed in Chester the hotel charged £13 to park & this hotel has ample free parking, anyway as it turned out it was a very good decision, the setting is really nice, the rooms whilst basic were spotless & adequate for a 1 night stay, the breakfast was superb & the breakfast staff all went out of their way to help with anything you needed. Will definitely be returning

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle M, Manager at Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Matthew B

Thank you for your review and positive comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good stay with us, you found the Hotel to be clean and the staff to be friendly.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the location of the Hotel and you enjoyed the breakfast.

I hope you had a good day at the races, I'm glad to hear that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here on business whilst working in nearby Chester (which would have been considerably more expensive!). In short the Holiday Inn at Ellesmere is faultless. Rooms are clean, spacious and well appointed. Staff were polite, friendly, welcoming and eager to assist a weary traveller. And breakfast overlooking the canal basin was a delight.

The only potential downside to this Holiday Inn is the signage is a bit a lacking. Whilst I have a good sense of direction I managed to approach the hotel from two different directions and was thwarted by expanses of water before finding the correct road in (Not a sat-nav problem, I don't believe in such things).

All in all, such a pleasant stay I've already booked a night here for my next job in Chester in a fortnight

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Captainbork

Thank you for your review and your positive comments following your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay, you found the Hotel to be clean , the bedroom to be spacious, staff to be friendly and you enjoyed your Breakfast overlooking our canal basin.

I am delighted that you have booked to return to the Hotel in a fortnight and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

i got married here on thursday 12th June 14..stayed in the bridal suite for 3nights! enjoyed every moment of it as the staff would bend over backwards for u and nothing was to much trouble for them!
my wedding day ran smoothly because of the staff and my guest also pointed this out aswell.
the cleanliness of the hotel is fab no complaints either! the cleaners where there each morning and again nothing was to much trouble for them..
Food was great breakfast plentifull,cooked breakfast,choice of cereal,toast and jams and you dont even have to get your own tea or coffee coz they bring that in pots to ur table for u as u go in and sit down!!!! i truely can not fault this place and im so glad i choose the hotel to marry in! thanks to all involved!!
Mr and Mrs Fisher

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank kittyharrycolin

Dear Mr & Mrs Fisher,

Thank you for your excellent review following your stay and your Wedding at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port.

I'm pleased to hear that you found the Hotel to be clean and that you and your guests thought our staff where both friendly and helpful.

I'm glad that you had such a good Wedding Day and everything ran smoothly.

We are delighted that you chose to spend your Wedding day with us and we would like to wish you both all the very best for the future.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel again soon

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I imagine it would be very hard to find a hotel to equal the quiet location and picturesque setting of the Holiday Inn at Ellesmere Port, add to this the friendly and excellent service from all of the staff, and you've got a little Gem. Would be happy to go back any time! :)

Room Tip: We were in 228... very quiet and no complaints
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Michelle M, Manager at Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Karen B,

Thank you for your positive review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port / Cheshire Oaks. I'm pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, you received excellent service and found our staff to be friendly.

I am pleased to hear that you would stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have just spent two days at the holiday inn in ellesmere port , overall it was a good stay , I was in ellesmere port for a funeral so I can not say that it was a pleasant stay .
Any way upon arrival I was really impressed with the staff member at the reception desk who was very polite & helpful when booking inn , my room was very clean & tidy & was all I had thought it would be , later that night I went down to the bar for a drink & also to watch the football there was only around 15 people in the bar & there was 2 members of staff on duty , I sat at my table for half an hour with my drink but there was also 2 empty glasses on my table from the person who had sat there before me , any way I went to the bar for my second drink leaving my empty glass on the table with the other 2 empty glasses .
I stood at the bar for around 3 minutes why the bar staff chatted to each other , eventually I got served went back to my table & drank my second beer 25 minutes leather a bartender came & removed all 4 empty glasses 55 minutes it took to check the tables as there were empty glasses on other tables ( bad bar staff ) , the next morning I went for breakfast in the restaurant & what a difference in service the staff were really friendly & efficient especially the older lady with short dark hair , over all my stay was really good with great staff members in all departments except in the bar . I will definitely return to this hotel again .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Colin F
Michelle M, Manager at Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Colin F,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port / Cheshire Oaks.

Despite the circumstances i'm pleased to hear you had a good stay with us, you were impressed with the Reception Staff on arrival and you were happy with your bedroom.

I'm sorry to hear your comments regarding our Bar Staff, I have passed on your comments to the relevant head of department who will ensure further training is carried out.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your Breakfast and you found our Breakfast Staff friendly.

I'm happy that you would return to stay at the Hotel again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back

Wedding Coordinator