“Away day”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ellesmere Port
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Away day”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed one night with a friend for a catch up and shopping. Everyone was so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Large rooms, comfy bed, nice furnishings and toiletries (Out of Eden), good shower and lovely food. A couple of very picky criticisms - rainfall shower but no shower cap so be prepared to get your hair wet, no shelf in bathroom for toiletries or hook/ring for towel by basin. None of which will stop me from staying again or recommending to friends and family (I've already sung their praises). Give it a go!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Woodcotehotel, Manager at Woodcote Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments. We hope to see you soon in 2013.
Warm Regards

Stuart & Katie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I organised a shopping weekend with a friend and thought we'd try the Woodcote Hotel. From the very first phone call to them, to saying goodbye, the service was excellent. We decided to book dinner/bed & breakfast and the food on both occasions was fantastic. I have special dietary requirements and they catered for me with no trouble at all. In fact, nothing was too much trouble. The prices were also excellent. The room I stayed in was large, modern and had everything I needed for a weekend stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and have already done so to a number of friends.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
purley
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Easy to find, easy to park together with a warm welcome from the owner on arrival and shown to a nice comfortable very clean room makes a good impression and puts you in a good mood as it was well priced to.

Dinner however was average and let down an otherwise very good stay and an excellent recommendation. Food choice was not available, no roll with soup "sorry we don't have time to warm one before the kitchen closes" and the food seemed packaged and warmed through rather than freshly prepared. Breakfast however was excellent.

All the staff were cheerful and chatty and a personal goodbye from the owner at my car door is a very nice touch.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Woodcotehotel, Manager at Woodcote Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you felt that the experience that you received in our restaurant was not upto standard. All our food is freshly prepared and localy souced and is not packaged. I am shocked that a roll did not accompany your meal as this is always done, and this is being investigated.

I thank you for your kind words about breakfast and our rooms, and i hope to see you again in the future.
Warm Regards
Stuart Ross
Scotland
Reviewed 15 October 2012

discovered this hotel on the internet and booked in for the weekend. Polite and friendly greeting before being show to one of the garden rooms. The room was well presented and extremely clean, comfortable bed and hot towels which make showering even better. We were offered an excellant choice for breakfast with everything cooked to order and served on hot plates. We dined in the restaurant one evening and the quality of food offered was of the highest order. I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
bangor
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This is a well run family hotel. The staff are ever so helpful and polite, and nothing it seems is too much trouble for them to ensure your stay is comfortable. Other reviews here really show how good this place is - although, to be honest we did have some minor hiccups! On arrival, one of the bedside lamps didn't work and there were only TWO hangers in the wardrobe (for a double room !!) However, these were soon rectified once I mentioned them at reception. Great. The staff were so nice that I really didn't want to mention any of the other things that 'niggled' us..... a constant sound of dripping water from the upstairs accommodation, the bathroom fan that didn't work, the plug in the washbasin that jammed, and the complete lack of mirrors. There was a small 'shaving' mirror in the bathroom and a small mirror on the dressing table - both completely inadequate in my opinion. I think a full length mirror should be a required minimum in any room. The location is certainly good to be used as a base for touring in the area, and I think I would probably return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cambrensis
Woodcotehotel, Manager at Woodcote Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you for your review. As a family run hotel we do our upmost to make sure our guests are happy and satisfied, any problems or complaints with the room we will resolve these straight away, i am sorry that you didnt advise us of the other issues as i would have made sure that these would have been rectified asap. I thank you gain for your review and hope to see you again in the future. Warm Regards Stuart Ross (Manager)
Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

Great little family run hotel.
Warm friendly welcome, lovely big very clean bedroom. The only downer was the shower, I do like a good shower not one that struggles to rinse out the shampoo.
I had finger and cooked breakfast both very nice.
Good value well looked after.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank JDSB66
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed here with my wife when we went to Chester races, hotel is wonderful room was immaculate with lovely views across a typical english garden, the staff were fantastic and could not do enough for us..The food was lovely and service excellent. Can not thank the owners and staff enough for making our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Inglewood Manor
Inglewood Manor
#2 of 3 in Ledsham
Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel
Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thor...
#1 of 2 in Childer Thornton
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa

Been to Woodcote Hotel? Share your experiences!