“Excellent small hotel, perfect for our needs”
Review of Woodcote Hotel

Woodcote Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ellesmere Port
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I were visiting my elderly Mother, who is in a Care home in Ellesmere Port, and selected the Woodcote House Hotel on the basis of favourable reviews on Tripadvisor. The hotel fulfilled our expectations and was extremely convenient, being easy to find and only 5 minutes drive away from my Mother. The staff were very friendly and helpful and both the evening meal and breakfast were very good. The 'secret garden' at the rear of the hotel was very pleasant to sit in. They have several WiFi routers through out the hotel so getting a good internet connection was no problem.

Room Tip: We were in Room4, which is a large room with good quality solid oak furniture. the ensuite bathroom...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveY_3

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a night in May. We found the hotel easy to find and there was ample free parking. It is on a main road and in a slightly rural area but not far at all from Chester, Liverpool and Cheshire oaks so is perfect for exploring this part of the world! Our first impression of the hotel was that it seemed very nice and well kept. The decor inside the hotel was bright, vibrant and modern. We were greeted by a lovely member of staff who was very chatty and said that she would upgrade our room for us because the hotel was quiet that night which was so lovely of her. We were really made up with this. In the reception area, there was also a selection of vintage/antique items for sale. All good quality, no tat and a nice little adage to the hotel - everything was just my cup of tea!

We were then shown to our room which was in a building away from the main hotel. It was very clean and the decor was nice but was quite bland. I was a little disappointed because the main hotel is so bright and eccentric, I was expecting the same of the rooms. In comparison, it felt a bit cold but it was still nice and very tasteful.

We were going to eat in the hotel as the restaurant looked lovely but we just fancied an indian meal so decided to go out instead. We went to a place called Holdi which was in a small town about 1 mile away and with a free carpark at the back. It was a fantastic meal!

Our sleep was very good but the bed was a little hard. The room also became a little a bit cold, the radiator wouldn't turn on and it was a bit too late to have called reception - but it wasn't too much of a problem. In the morning, we had breakfast which was fantastic - a wonderful selection all served by a friendly face. The only thing which I would have really preferred from this hotel would have been to have a hairdryer in the room. One can be requested from reception but I just prefer to have everything I need in the room and not have to burden reception with requests.

All in all we had a wonderful stay and would definitely return as we felt that it was good value for money and that the staff were all extremely friendly! Just a couple of little things moved our opinion from a 5 to a 4 but we still loved the place!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a night as we had a party round the corner. The hotel is easy to find yet in a lovely quiet area.
The rooms were lovely and clean no complaint. Staff were friendly, cheerful and very helpful. Breakfast definitely worth the money.
Overall a lovely stay and with a lateish checkout I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went there with my husband and parents-in-law to check the food and the rooms after it was suggested to us as a possible hotel for my family coming to visit from Italy. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they did not hesitate one bit to show us the rooms, which are really spacious and nice furnished.
The meal was excellent and very good, I really enjoyed the orange flavored brownie!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Looked at several hotels in the area and after reading reviews on TA we picked this one and wasn't disappointed, from checking in to leaving everthing was perfect. At check- in we were shown to our room informed about the facilities and what the hotel had to offer.
Room was well apppointed, clean as was the bathroom, tea/coffee available in room, TV, telephone and free Wi-Fi, also liquid soap/conditioner available in bathroom.
We had a b&b rate breakfast was served in a spacious room filled with natural light, breakfast consisted of several different fruit juices, cereals and hot items from a menu food arrived hot/fresh and appettising tea/coffee, toast also available, we ate in the restaurant one night again the food was superb.
From the start staff, friendly, polite, willing to engage in conversation and helpful with any questions we had.
Good location for places to visit, when we are in this location again we will stay in this hotel and would definately recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I stayed whilst visiting family and we were certainly very pleased with our stay. A very warm welcome, true hospitality, very comfortable room topped with a fantastic breakfast reflected what many had said in many reviews.
We booked this hotel after reading the reviews and the trip advisor reviewers have been correct again.
John was extremely accommodating and nothing was too much trouble, thank you.
Quiet but convenient to some lovely areas, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Would recommend the breakfast. Great value for money.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stuart633
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was a lovely hotel in delightful surroundings. Rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff were welcoming and helpful. However, the downside was the service. On one morning they did not bring my friend's breakfast because they had forgotten. At dinner we were asked if we would like bread rolls for which we are still waiting. On our last morning we were not asked if we would like tea or coffee and I had to go to ask for it. We were not given enough toast and every day at breakfast we had to request more butter. The food, when it did arrive was excellent and the prices were very good but they do need to address service as a priority.Staff should be on hand in restaurant at all time but they disappeared in the direction of the kitchen and alas, not to bring the food you had ordered.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
#2 of 3 in Ledsham
Village Hotel Wirral
Village Hotel Wirral
#1 of 3 in Bromborough

Been to Woodcote Hotel? Share your experiences!