Handforth Lodge
US$185
US$179
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last night before a course a couple of miles away. All other accommodation were asking crazy prices and I was just £29 for bed and breakfast here. I am not familiar with the area at all an when I phoned to book the guy was very helpful giving me an idea of train stations, taxi costs etc. I ended up driving and was relieved it was easy to find, great car park and comfy bed. The breakfast was good, everything you need really. Staff were friendly an helpful. Will definitely use again if I'm visiting the area. Also, free wifi, car park, a great deal

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank kerrvin123
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stayed here last week as we were catching an early morning flight from Manchester aiport the next morning and wanted a decent nights sleep. We paid £35 for a double room, excellent value for money for the lovely and safe area the b & b is located in. The room and bathroom were clean and fragrant- no frills such as trouser presses or a minibar but then again what would you expect for the price.
The staff were all lovely, nothing seemed too much to ask from them, my partner had left his charger at home and so we asked at reception where the kind gentleman offered to borrow one.
We were able to leave our car for the week for £2 a night, a bargain compared to other airport car parks. The taxi to the airport only cost £10- ask the reception to give you the number as they have a good relationship with this taxi providor. As we were leaving early (6.30am) we were worried that we would miss breakfast but the manager arranged for the housekeeper to put out breakfast earlier than the usual 7am to cater for us which we were not expecting. Breakfast consisted of a variety of different breads and individually packed cheeses, jams, butter and mini-cereal boxes as well as boiled egg. It was a buffet style serve yourself and so we fueled ourself up for the day. There was a variety of fruit tea, coffee and regular tea on offer. There was no hot food, sausages or bacon etc but this wasn't a problem for us as as breakfast was included with the room and so we couldn't ask for more really.
Thanks for a wonderful stay, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 422Zara
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed there last week and swill be there this week.
Good for contractors, there are plenty off places to eat, drink and of course cash machines.
Mr Rabbie is pleasant enough as so are his staff. Not sure where the bad comments have come from with other guests but my room was fine and so was the bath room.
The stuffed tiger in the hall did give me a shock at first also.
Thanks Mr Rabbie for providing a service that is not over priced as most places usually are.
I'm sure if you stay long term a deal can be struck with management for room prices. Some people just expect to live in palaces for next to nothing.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Colin B
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed in feb while working in the area it's no frills reasonably clean and friendly although the rooms are dated and decent value for a short stay

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank 77cook
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is not a Hotel, It is a Hostel.

I stayed for two nights having booked through Laterooms.com, I hadnt read the small print properly and found out that the room I had been allocated did not have an ensuite bathroom. I paid for and upgrade and was given a bathroom to my self. it was in a private corridor protected from teh public by a badly fitted screen door. Whilst in the shower an other guest did try to walk in saying he was looking for a toilet.
The room (6) was clean dry and warm, the furniture was random and not co ordinated but functional.

The receptionist (Renatta) was very helpful and efficient, and as I found out later has a brilliant singing voice, as I heard her sing whilst on my way to reception.
The Lodge had good parking facilities and is in a very good location for access to most areas in Cheshire area.

the phrase you get what you pay for definitely applies here I paid £30 a night, this included breakfast, however your choice was Cereal or toast. Other than that the lodge did not offer food or a bar facility.

I would stay again, but only if there was nothing closer to where I was working in Knutsford.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business