Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Smashing Hotel”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed here for one night, on business with a large party. Lots of parking. Excellent reception staff, quick and efficient. I had a double room on the second floor which was very clean with the most comfortable bed ever. After a drink in the bar, again great staff, a group of us ate in the main restaurant. The food was really good, and again very good service.

Slept like a log in the massive bed, very quiet room and lots of hot water in the morning. First class breakfast, my cooked to order poached eggs were perfect. Couldn't find a fault with this hotel and would return in a flash.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jo B
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your experience at the hotel and I will certainly communicate your kind and positive comments to my Team.

John Scott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Pinewood on Wilmslow last week as we were flying from Manchester airport & wanted somewhere that we could park too. We didn’t arrive until gone 8pm and because of this, I think we got the last room in the hotel & the room furthest away from the reception (58.)
Upon check in, the man on reception was friendly & he explained the car parking & airport taxi service to us thoroughly. We booked our taxi for the next morning & for our return to the UK via a form that was given to us as we checked in.

It was quite difficult to get to with our large suitcases, as there were steps here & there as well as two quite steep staircases leading up to our room.

The room was quite small & there was quite a distinctive smell of (to me) Chinese food, which was a little unpleasant but we got used to it after a few minutes.

I was pleased to see that the bathroom had a nice deep bath which I utilised that night. The water was hot & powerful but when I got out & got a towel from the towel rail, it too had the same distinctive smell of the main room.

The bed was comfortable & we both slept very well. We were up early for our flight & the airport taxi didn’t arrive at the time we had booked it for. The hotel staff were really helpful, they rang the taxi company for us & it arrived a short time afterwards.

On our return to the UK a week later our taxi arrived on time & took us back to Pinewood hassle free. Our car was parked there safely for the week which was inclusive in the price & the main reason we chose this hotel in the first place.

Overall, we had a comfortable night at Pinewood & all our dealings with the staff were pleasant. I think that unfortunately, we just got a bad room, which seemed to us right at the top of the hotel & a bit out of the way, although I completely appreciate that it is most likely because we checked in late. I would stay here again if I was using Manchester airport.

Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel and that you would return when flying out from Manchester Airport.

I will certainly communicate your comments to my Team.

WALES
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I booked a last minute 3 night stay ( 12th, 13th and 14th September 2013) at the Pinewood. We stayed in garden view room number 29. Staff and management at this hotel are to be highly commended .They are a credit to the hospitality trade, especially the two gentleman who served at the bar and restauraunt in the evening and the lady and gentleman who were on duty each morning at breakfast.
The food in the retauraunt was exceptionally good and breakfast was a very pleasant relaxing experience...nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they remembered your preferences fot tea and coffee...impressive at a busy breakfast time
True that the bedroom was not enormous, but attention to cleanliness was excellent. Also the bed was amazingly comfortable...both my husband and I (who are prone to insomnia) had 3 nights of blissful sleep. From our experience hotels in this country often do not come up to standard......The Pinwood does. We hope to come back soon with additional family members.

1 Thank TRAVELALOTWales
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow. It's always a pleasure to hear such good feedback, as our service to guests is something we really do strive to achieve here at the hotel.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

No doubt an excellent venue for weddings but if you want a quiet night then give it a miss if there are weddings on. Having said that there are many plus features. Great location with ample easy parking, the rooms are smallish but well appointed for a short stay, the showers are very effective. Breakfast is very good with very pleasant service. Would use again for short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay, I will certainly communicate your kind words with my team.

I do apologise for the incovenience caused on this occasion regards to your disturbed sleep. We do try to ensure all guests who are not attending the wedding are allocated rooms on the opposite side of the hotel. I will discuss your concerns with my Reception Team to make sure other guests do not experience the same issues you have done.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I'll keep this brief. Desk Staff are great, very welcoming. My Single Room was poor. The carpet was sticky (yeuch!), the room was small but sufficient for one-night stay. Bed surprisingly comfortable and I slept well. The en suite sink was cracked. There was a disgusting accumulation of dripped brown liquid something on the bath edge (see photo). One light-bulb didn't work so the room was gloomy. All in all, one or the worst rooms I've ever stayed in.

Dinner was pretty average but not averagely priced - not good value at all. Chef obviously has good presentational skills but the quality didn't match. I was served a bar drink is a disgustingly dirty glass that had mould on the inside.

Breakfast was good but the breakfast staff were simply great. Which brings me to a final dilemma about my review. Based on staff and customer service I'd give it 3.5 stars but based on the room I have to award just two. Which is a shame for the staff and service.

Amazingly, this place displays an AA 4-Star sign outside. I stayed in another AA 4-Star hotel later the same week and that really was 4-Star. The Pinewood is not. Some room repairs and renovations would really help elevate the Pinewood to the level the staff deserve.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Guest,

First and foremost I must apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion. It is very disappointing and unusual to have received a negative comment regards to the condition of our hotel rooms I have discussed this matter with my Head Housekeeper and it has come to our attention between the time the room was serviced and the time you checked in, a leak in the bathroom ceiling had started, causing the brown liquid on the bath.
We are due to refurbish the last 10 our rooms and the room you were allocated is one of these, the cracked sink will be dealt with at the same time.

I’m also sorry to read that you did not enjoy the food served to you in the Restaurant I will discuss this matter with my Head Chef and ensure that the food served is consistently of a high standard and the price to reflect the portion size.

We do receive many positive comments regards to the team, product and offering at the hotel however I do take complaints extremely seriously and act accordingly to rectify the concerns my guests have experienced.

Thank you for your positive feedback regards to the overall customer service you received from my team, I will certainly communicate your kind words to them.

Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My family and I who are from Northern Ireland stayed here from the 6 th September till the 8 th where we attended a family wedding. Service was excellent from Simon who greeted us on arrival he was very informative, pleasant and diligent in his role. We booked 2 rooms a double for my husband and I which was upgraded to a king size at no extra cost and a twin room for my 2 sons. Both rooms were spotless had tea and coffee making facilities, and were cleaned both days with towels, toilet rolls etc replenished. The gardens surrounding this hotel are beautiful and well kept. Breakfast in the mornings was plentiful with a variety of full English or fruit cereal etc..... All the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you if needed. Overall a lovely weekend would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank amanda c
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and that you enjoyed the service that my Team provided, especially Simon.

I will certainly communicate your comments to my Team.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We have had nothing but positive experiences at the Pinewood. Every member of staff treats you as their number one priority. We are looking forward to having our wedding ceremony, breakfast and evening reception at the Pinewood Hotel next year August 2014. Can't wait to share the Pinewood experience with our nearest and dearest. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Alison

I am so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and that you enjoyed the service that my Team provided.

I look forward to meeting you in August next year when your Wedding is held at the Pinewood Hotel.

John Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!