“If I am having to over-night at a hotel for Manchester Airport”

Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Evergem, Belgium
“If I am having to over-night at a hotel for Manchester Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

If I am having to over-night at a hotel for Manchester Airport, I normally stay at a place on the complex, however as they were all fully booked I chose the Best Western instead.

I was plesently surprised, after the first heat-sinking moment seeing there are renovation works under way. In fact these are will managed and not an issue.

The rooms must have been very chic when installed in the 1980's, though despite looking dated, they are well maintained, comfortable and clean.

The location is also fairly convenient to the airport (5km) and Manchester city centre.

The staff are very friendly, and the restaurant is newly refurbished, offers a fantasitc menu and while not cheap, the price is Ok.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Neil

Thank you for your positive feedback on Trip Advisor in regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I’m so pleased that found my Team very friendly and that your dining experience was one to remember for all of the right reasons.

I will certainly discuss your kind comments with my Team.

John Scott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself looks nice, staff are friendly the rooms are spacious and clean the bed is very comfortable. A couple of gripes 1st the restaurant the restaurant is very trendy looking after a refurbishment but the menu was a let down over priced and not much choice the main I had was chicken with a banana wrap in ham covered with breadcrumbs with rice and curry sauce to me it just doesn't work but you have to try these things I guess. But the biggest problem is the early wake up at 5:45am the heating kicks in and it's loud I'm a heavy sleeper but it goes through you, I phoned the front desk ask to turn the heating off because it was noisy and came up to the room to check for him self. The noise did die down an hour later but had to be up then! This is room 102 don't know about the rest of the hotel but avoid this room if you can.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

First and foremost I would like to apologise for the issues raised regarding the noise from the radiator in your bedroom, I will look into this matter and rectify accordingly.

In regards to your comments relating to the restaurant it is unfortunate you did not have the best experience, the chicken and banana dish is our most popular dish at the moment however as we have just opened the newly refurbished restaurant we appreciate all feedback and I will relate your comments to my Head Chef.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused on this occasion and thank you for all your feedback.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Best Western Pinewood Hotel. This hotel is of a very high standard on many levels. The room was of a very good size. Bed was great and comfortable. The desk/workspace area was also brilliant. I had a beautiful view of the garden. The wardrobe was big and had a mirror and there was an iron and ironing board. The bathroom was great and had some nice extras like a very good body lotion, etc. I didn't take such a relaxing bath in a long time! The food and restaurant was also very good! Everyone I met from the staff was exceptional and especially the lovely Hannah was very helpful. She informed us of ongoing building work prior to our arrival and arranged for us to have a very nice room. We asked for half an hour later check out and this was also accomodated. I wanted to say that the building works did not affect or disturb our stay in any way so please don't be out off by some reviews here stating it's a big problem. This hotel has really everything I expect from a bery good hotel! It was perfect. There was also a good wine list and some nice wines. Overall brilliant! Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback that you have recently posted on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

It gives me great pleasure to read such a lovely review and I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team especially Hannah who you found very helpful.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed the food that you were served and that you found enough choice on our new wine list.

Thank you again and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Firstly I would like to thank John and all his team for making our wedding day a very special day! My Wife and I booked the Pinewood for our wedding on the 15th March 2014 in February 2013 some 13 months before our wedding date to be told in January 2014 there would be major building works lasting until the end of April this I can tell you caused us both considerable stress in the weeks leading upto our wedding date what with rooms being out of service no operating stair lift (one of the reasons we booked the Pinewood!) But the staff and John in particular were fantastic they really looked after us and made our day a success although we did not get the wedding we booked we were both very happy that our day was one to remember and for this I thank you next time I get married I will definately be using this hotel ;)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Trisha & Andy

Thank you for your positive feedback in regards to your Wedding Day at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I am delighted that you both enjoyed your very special day at the hotel and that my Team and I made sure that you and your guests were looked after to a high standard.

I fully appreciate your concerns leading up to your Wedding Day and I cannot apologise enough for this situation occurring. As discussed with you both in various meetings together it was always my full intention to make sure that your Wedding Day was a success and a memorable one for all of the right reasons.

Thank you again and all the best in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

My parents were due to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary at the Hotel on March 30th with an event for 50 guests. Some were travelling internationally to be there and stay at the hotel. They were somewhat concerned with lack of information and attention to detail from the original hotel event planner (to remain nameless). So they visited the hotel in late Feb to be confronted by major building works. They were not informed ahead of time of the sheer scale of construction so were concerned at the effect on the party and the arriving guests. I arrived at the hotel on Wed 26th March to see for myself and met a new event planner called Hannah (original girl on holiday) and also John the manager. They were both extremely helpful and willing to please, which left everyone with a much better feeling everything would be fine. The event could not of been better, the function room was excellent and all the staff were efficient and professional. I would of given 5 stars but the building work did disrupt proceedings. But once they are all complete in mid April, I am sure the Pinewood will be a perfect choice while staying in the Wilmslow area or using Manchester Airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Mr Williams

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor in regards to your Parents 50th Anniversary Lunch that was held at the Pinewood Hotel on the 30th March 2014.

I’m so pleased that your parents, immediate family and friends enjoyed every aspect of this special day and that I was able to reassure you that everything would go to plan on the day. It was always my intentions to make sure that your parents Anniversary Lunch was successful and that I pulled out all of the stops to make this happen and from your comments we have done so.

I will certainly communicate your positive feedback to my Team, especially Hannah who you found extremely helpful and willing to please.

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

fanastic rooms...price...champanye.....food

well done team really enjoyed my stay last year

sporry its taken so long didnt know you could do this so doing all my reviews today

pat on back esp. giovanni thanks for not pimping yourself out, even if my wife did request.....alot

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team, especially Giovanni who looked after you so well.

Ilkley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I would not recommend until building work is completed - not purely because of the noise, but it appears to be disrupting the services. Breakfast is up to 10am but on our first day heaters under food turned off at 9.30 so had cold breakfast. Good breakfast on day 2.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Judy

Thank you for your overall feedback in regards to your recent stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I do apologise for the inconvenience cause on this occasion. As you rightly mention it has been a disruptive time throughout the refurbishment program which in turn has impacted on my Team and the overall customer experience.

The main building work is nearly complete, whereby our new Restaurant One Eighty is fully open for all guests to enjoy.

John Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!