“Excellent for shopping and pre flight!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel

Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent for shopping and pre flight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We did the park and stay deal which we felt was excellent value for money. The hotel is obviously in the middle of a revamp but didn't detract from our stay . Rooms were lovely and staff all very welcoming and friendly . The new restaurant was also very good,I had the fish & chips which were excellent. We spent a lovely afternoon shopping in the Trafford centre as it was only 12 miles away . Excellent stay I would have to say .

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor in regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from your bedroom to the food and the service that you received.

Thank you again and I will certainly communicate your kind words to my Team.

John Scott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were supposed to stay for 2 nights but, sadly, due to our 1 year old being unwell (chickenpox not hotel connected) we only stayed 1 night.
It is refreshing to see excellent service complimented by top quality surroundings. The ground floor of the hotel is a mix of high quality and modern furniture with terrific artwork all in calming colours. It has 4* all over it. I understand there are further improvements going on in the bedrooms.
We ate dinner in the restaurant and were impressed with the quality and choice of the menu. Do try The Butchers Plate - real local food, a good variety and good quantity. The steak and steak burger continued the pattern and our daughter enjoyed the fish goujons. Perhaps we would have liked the stereotypical Kids Menu but for that 1 night stay our daughter did us proud!
We love breakfast in hotels that have "personality" and the attention we received had fantastic person to person interaction as well as top quality food.
When you find somewhere you like (and it's improving) you know you want more!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

It is always great to hear such kind words especially regarding the refurbishment works we have had done.

I will certainly communicate your comments with my team.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business and I understood that it is undergoing refurbishment, but the staff in all areas were very focused and attentive. I really felt that they wanted me there and wanted me to be comfortable. There aren't many hotels that score highly on all areas, but this one does. Beautiful garden too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Guest,

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Before flying from Manchester on our honeymoon we once again took advantage of the 'park and fly' offer from the Pinewood Hotel. Arriving Saturday afternoon gave us the opportunity to chill out before a lengthy flight on Sunday. We were a couple of days early for the opening of the hotels new restaurant, but had a sneaky look around, it looks fabulous. The taxi (part of the deal ) arrived on time Sunday morning, as we left the car and went away. A special thankyou to the night porter who set up a mini breakfast for us, as we were travelling to the airport before the restaurant opened. Good facilities, clean room and, as mentioned, attentive staff. We will not hesitate to book this hotel next time we travel abroad.

Room Tip: Both rooms that we have been allocated were excellent.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team especially the night porter who was on shift that night.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future to show you the finishing look now the refurbishment is coming to and end.

Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last night, check-in took a bit longer than it should night receptionist said the room was already used and he was struggling to find the right room. I booked a double and ended up in a twin, not ideal. Was in room near the main road so lots of noise of the traffic. But the room is really clean and bathroom to, so great for a nights sleep and it was £20 less than everywhere else :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
John_Scott_Pinewood, Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I must apologise for the inconvenience caused with your bedroom I will discuss this with my Reception Team to understand why this was the case on this occasion.

We do appreciate all feedback and I will certainly communicate your comments to my team.

Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two nights at the hotel and loved the food. I attended a residential training course with some colleagues and stayed for two nights, with dinner and breakfast. Dinner was delicious and it was taken in the newly built restaurant. Lovely surroundings and delicious food. The brioche burger was yummy! Comfy beds (I stayed in a king size bedroom) and all at hand. Some refurbishing still going on during our stay, but it had little impact on us (some smell of glue from new carpets and drilling noise, not disruptive to the training. It was around the bedrooms during the day, when most guests will be out). The breakfast was my favourite part. Lovely breakfast bar with the cutest (and tastiest!) yoghurt pots. All nice and fresh with a good selection of items. The sun was shining in the gardens throughout my stay and that was lovely, as we spent some time chilling in the sun. Overall, a lovely hotel that I would not hesitate to recommend. Quite close to the airport as well!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time here it's always a pleasure to hear such good feedback especially regarding our new renovations.

I will certainly communicate your kind words to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Traveled to The Pinewood on Wilmslow for a wedding reception very good access roads from the M6 The Wedding was taking place at a nearby church. We were staying at the hotel for the night following the wedding. The hotel let us have a room early so we could change our clothes. The hotel hosted the wedding reception that was well organised with friendly helpful staff. Lovely food well presented. The hotel gave us a room plus breakfast for £60. Lovely hotel well managed. well worth a visit.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 116 overlooked the gardens.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John_Scott_Pinewood, General Manager at Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Keith

Thank you for your positive Trip Advisor review in regards to your overall experience at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pinewood on Wilmslow.

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that you found the Hotel well managed and my Team very friendly and helpful.

I will certainly communicate your positive words to my Team.

John Scott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!