“Overnight stay including airport transfers and car parking”

Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I have used this hotel twice now for overnight stay before our holiday and found it to be very convenient.
On our first stay we were given a two room suite, as we are a family of four the children were on a sofa bed and my husband and I in the very large bed. All was well until upon closer inspection I discovered that the room that the children were in had empty plastic beer cups behind the curtains and jelly shots left at the side of the bed, obviously the room had not been cleaned properly. I complained to the reception who were very courtious and appologetic I was offered another room but as the kids were all to ready for bed and we needed be up for an early flight I declined this and was offered a round of complimentary drinks.
We did not stay for breakfast as we had a flight to catch and found that the shuttle service to the airport very efficient and convenient.
Despite the problems mentioned above we decided to book again this year, as the location is perfect and we were not disappointed. Again the reception staff are great, really friendly and polite. Our room this time was not as good, the TV was opposite the sofa bed and could not be viewed from the main bed and the kids found the sofa bed uncomfortable so we ended up four in the bed (it is a good job that it was a very big bed).
We will be booking again as the pros outway the cons.
I rate the reception staff as "outstanding". The house-keeping as "could do better" and the bar staff (we called in for coffee when we collected the car) "Very good" very friendly and efficient.
Not eaten at the hotel so can't comment.

Room Tip: On my second visit, I emailed prior to my stay to request a room away from the lify as it was noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Stay in this hotel for one night for business trip. I arrived with low expectation but it turned out to be a very nice surprise considering the price I had to pay. Everything were working just fine. The bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was very clean and yes, they provided nice toiletries there.

I didn't fly to come to Manchester but I noticed the location of the hotel is close to the airport so I guess it should be perfect as a airport hotel as well. I suppose this will not be ideal place to stay for tourists who want to visit Manchester.

Overall, I will recommend this hotel for business hotel and also for an airport hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

On arrival at the Hallmark in Handforth, we were heavily delayed on a Friday (26/08/11) Evening (due to heavy rain) and only arrived 23:15. We were very shocked by the sheer volume of cars parked on the road side, in the car park and we only just got a space. We presume this is due to the park & fly deal the hotel offers.
The reception staff were friendly and checked us in with ease, we were directed to the lift (old style) with a door to open and then when you press your floor the metal door closed. This was so rickety my girlfriend refused to use it again. It fits six people (slim and no luggage!).

We stayed in a Junior Executive Room on the 4th floor and this was an excellent space to relax in (as you will see from the photos. The room is well decorated and trendy with a view over the pond and field and some of the car park. We enjoyed having a space to relax, a separate dressing area and a space to make hot drinks. The bed was two singles pushed together (like on the continent), they were both creaky and uncomfortable.
The bathroom is to a good standard with Elsyl products to try (always a nice touch), it is well spaced and new tiles. The main issues in here were hairs on the tiles, mould in between some tiles (orange in colour), and a frosted glass door. The door is trendy looking but you don’t want to see a silhouette of your other half on the toilet! And if you need to go to the bathroom in the night, just switching the bathroom light on floods the room with light.
At breakfast time on both mornings we received a friendly greeting, the breakfast area is a nice place to eat but more staff are needed to keep the food from running out.
Unfortunately we stayed on both Friday (26/08) Saturday (27/08) nights where the hotel is more like staying in the room above a night club. I would recommend if you need sleep on these nights to not book into this hotel. This was further compounded by the left hand window not locking shut on the right side. We could hear every beat of the bass, some songs were louder than others and people were allowed to chat and shout outside until 01:30am! After a 4 hour car journey to get there I can assure you this was the last thing we needed as we were up for a wedding the next day. On arrival back at our room after the wedding (midnight) we could see another party was taking place... Oh dear, another night lacking in sleep and we finally got off to sleep around 1am. I was then awoken by next door bedroom antics at 3am! There is a door that links the Junior Suite with the room next door which means you hear everything!
This is a weekend party hotel so beware! The morning afters half drunk pint glass in the hall was not what I want to find when I am going down for breakfast either.
I am sure this hotel is perfect when there is not a function on so please don’t be put off by that.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Booked this hotel for the park and fly option with Holiday extras. Arriving at the hotel, staff were informative and you are given easy to follow details of what to do once you arrive back at the airport.
Room was really nice, bit small but we were only there to sleep before catching our early morning flight. We didn't eat at the hotel, there is a pub across the road and we found this to be much cheaper. Had a good nights sleep and our transfer taxi was there waiting for us at the specified time in the morning to take us to the airport. Coming back we had no problems, rang the number given and our taxi didn't take long to arrive. Would use this service again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. It was great to here you enjoyed your time with us and that your park and fly package met all your expectations.
I do hope your will consider us again at sometime in the not too distant future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed after the hotel was advertised as newly done over. Sticky coffee stains on the tables, pubes in the bed and the radiator does not get turned on until past 8pm (even though its winter!!) the breakfast was cold and dissatisfying and the Free Wifi that they advertise is only for laptops not for phones. The signal is really bad there and so you cant get the internet unless you have one of there leads from reception (which you obviously cant plug in to your phone). They took my card details online on payday and then when i went on 21th of the month they told me that i hadnt paid and needed to pay then. (the whole reason of booking early was to pay on pay day!!) Would not reccomend to anyone. The only good thing is the polite staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 250Lauren250

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments which I have to admit are disappointing. Our housekeeping standards are usually second to none and I do apologise if you felt they were not up to standard. We do have no note of your comments being made to us at the time of your stay giving us an opportunity to rectify which would have happened immediately. Feedback from guest is ordinarily excellent regarding these standards. The heating is on a timer for guest comfort so your comments regarding this are not entirely accurate. The hotel does also provide free internet through out wireless in Public areas and hard wired in bedrooms, so there was no reason for you not to be able to use.
Regards

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Did a Sunday night spa break, last minute. Check in was easy and we requested a late check out which was no trouble. Room was great and fairly modern, clean apart from the plaster left in the bathroom! Left the window open for a breeze, a little noisy but still slept well. Did the tapas which was a nice touch but perhaps a bit more choice and a little more Spanish! Food from the restaurant was gorgeous, agree with the previous review of the mussels. Stunning. If nothing else don't go out the hotel for dinner - eat in. Plus the service is something else! Breakfast in the room was on on time and hot. We left stuff in the room on check out and they rang the spa to let us know!
The service here is brilliant and the food is great. For the money it was a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank TheGinLover

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your great review from your recent stay. It was great to hear you had a good time with us and that the service standards you experienced were brilliant and that you enjoyed our food offering. All these things are of paramount important to us when providing a guest experience and I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to all the team.
I do hope we will be welcoming you back to the hotel at some time in the not too distant future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Spent a lovely two nights at this hotel. The staff were very professional and also very friendly - nothing was too much trouble! Our room was immaculate and we had a gorgeous meal in the restaurant. I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments which have been shared with all the team. It was great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the food and service excellent.

I do hope we will be welcoming you back to Hallmark Manchester in the not to distant future.

Kind Regards

Linda Gregory

Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
#71 of 120 in Manchester
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!