“Good Clean Hotel.”

Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We spent 5 nights at this hotel. Room was very clean, bed comfortable which is essential for me, don't like hard beds and theirs were just right not too hard/soft. We were initially in room 414, if you have the option, don't stay in this room as it is super hot - they are unable to turn the heat down in individual rooms. We moved also due to very very inconsiderate neighbours but this was absolutely no trouble for the hotel. The staff are very pleasant and accommodating. The heat in our next room was fine, as it should have been, just seems to be an odd problem in room 414. We were also pleasantly surprised to find that although a New Years Party was in full swing, we didn't hear any music or even the bass thud of music.If we were to go to Handforth again, we would stay at this hotel as it was very comfortable, but I wouldn't pay their prices I'd go through another agent to get a deal.

Room Tip: don't use room 414 super super hot.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stiny70
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the hotel. It was good to read you enjoyed the majority of things. My apologies you felt your room was too warm. We do try to meet all guests’ needs with regards to temperature which is sometimes difficult. I do hope you will consider again in the future.

Thanks again for your time

Kind regards
Linda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,665)

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night to celebrate my husbands birthday.

The room was nice nothing special, although you could hear everyone walking past and things going on in the room next door.

I got a good deal on another website so I couldn't complain about the price unless I was paying full.

The spa facilities were very good.

The food I felt was too pricey for what it was. A bit bland, not bad but not good either.

It was a nice stay, but not really a memorable hotel or experience. Nothing big to complain about really. I like to stay in a lot of hotels for a hobby, this one was just very standard, nothing really stood out about it. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aladiran
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here overnight for the convenience of not having to travel home after a function. Staff at check in were very friendly and went out of their way to find me a quiet room because Xmas parties were on the go.

The room was clean and functional. I stay in a lot of hotels with my job and the room compared well to some of the best places I have stayed.

The food was excellent. I ate at a function and all food was served hot despite the high numbers involved. Breakfast the following morning was superb with coffee delivered to order, none of the mass produced coffee pots on show. It was served fresh each time, Barista style.

The gym was excellent too, very well equipped in a bespoke area of the hotel. I didn't try the pool but it looked clean and there was a steam and sauna to one end.

Generally, there was a good feel about the hotel, all the staff were very pleasant, helpful when they needed to be and thanked me for choosing to stay when I don't live that far away. It was excellent value and I will be recommending it to colleagues who travel from London on business to Manchester.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Steve J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on your recent stay. It was wonderful to read you enjoyed all elements of the hotels facilities and services.
The team do work hard at Hallmark Manchester to ensure guests stay is as pleasurable as possible and your kind comments will be shared with all team members.
It was a pleasure to here you particularly enjoyed our Barista style coffee served at breakfast which is one of Hallmark Hotels unique offerings to guest.
Please do share your experience with friends and colleagues and I do hope we shall welcome you back to the hotel at sometime in the very near future.

Kind regards

Linda

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Booked on Last Minute .com. A Mystery 4 star Hotel with Spa and Pool sounded great until we saw the rooms. We stayed for just 90 minutes then checked out. We were shown 3 rooms all just as bad as each other.
Please see my pictures which speak for themselves!

Room Tip: Throughly inspect your room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank derk652
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here before an early flight for our honeymoon. Hotel itself looks lovely from outside and has a lot of parking which is excellent. Check in was quick and easy, lady who checked us in was very polite and friendly. Got offered upgrade to the dinner in restaurant which we took however later regretted. Room itself was very nice just a bit on the small side. Restaurant had a lovely atmosphere however was let down by the food. The meals were undercooked and cold when sent back they came out hugely over cooked. Check out was shocking, the man was rude! He wast interested in if we enjoyed our stay or anything we had to say just wanted us gone so he could get back to what he was doing. Wouldn't stay here again there are definitely much better hotels in the area, I'm just thankful they were fully booked on our return as we could have ended up here for another night!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank holidaygirl58
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed November 2013 where my man proposed staff went out of there way to make r night n day lovely. Felt v special.

Had a massage at the spa too where the beauty therapist was so professional and massage was amazing..

Room exceptionally clean n
And food lovely and well presented definately recommend x

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Trish J
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed over night with my husband for a relaxing break, welcoming reception from the girl on the desk, fast and easy check in. Room was lovely and clean. When out to eat do didn't try the restaurant but breakfast was great full English help yourselves, great stay will return !

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joloblanc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#2 of 5 in Wilmslow
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!