“Good for an overnight stay”

Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked an overnight stay whilst attending a family party. The location was great for everyone travelling and the rates were very good, cheaper than a taxi. Car park was very busy due to flooded areas.

Reception were quick and efficient. Our room was on the ground floor, we could smell smoke in the corridor but luckily not in our room. Room was nice, great shower, lovely toiletries, nice flat screen tv but very cold. We turned on the radiator and drew the curtains and it soon warmed up (single glazed draughty window).

We we went for a swim, spa area was a bit grim but ok for a one off. Party was lovely, nice room, great staff and quick service, food was lovely, drinks a bit pricey.

We didn't have breakfast as it was buffet style and we don't queue for food so we planned to stop off at a lovely Italian cafe we know on the way home.

Check out was a bit chaotic long queues at 11 am so try to check out earlier. All in all a great hotel for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor was great for us popping to spa.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank your taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at Hallmark Hotel Manchester. It was great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed the event you attended and found your accommodation to your liking.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We went (7) of us for my best freinds hen night - we did the bed breakfast and evening party with free spa treatment. The rooms were lovely and spotless the spa really does need updating, the pool was lovely but there are no chairs to sit at the side of the pool and the changing rooms need painting. We had the party night and the food was good, smallish portions though. We saw Fake That or whatever they were called (excellent singing voices, but looked nothing like them, nor could they dance) but that is not the hotels fault. we had a great time, drinks a bit pricey, but they are in all hotels. breakfast next morning was hot and plentiful. On the whole for £95 including a free massage - I thought it was brilliant and would not hesitate to go again

Room Tip: the higher you go the warmer it is in the room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jaynetownson

Dear guest,

Thank your review. It was a pleasure to read you enjoyed your time at the hotel and found the party night and spa treatment enjoyable . I do hope you will bear us in mind for future visits.
Once again thank you for your time

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst attending a conference.
It was difficult to get a parking space close to reception as the hotel was very busy and some of the car park wasn’t really useable due to some very large puddles following the heavy rain we have been having recently.
Check in was smooth. The room was clean and comfortable with enough space to work. The benefit of free Wi-Fi cannot be underestimated and it’s one of my major gripes that many hotels charge for it. The signal was good enough to stream live football even though I was on the third floor. A large flat screen TV was fixed to the wall at the foot of the bed.
The downside is that my room was very hot despite the radiator being turned off. I had to leave the window partially open despite the temperature outside being close to zero. The room also faced a road which was quite busy from around 7am. It wasn’t a major problem for me but could be to some people.
I ate in the Bistro as part of a group so had a restricted dinner menu but the food was fine.
Breakfast was a real let down. Only one member of staff was seating people and I had to wait quite a few minutes to get a seat. I prefer a continental breakfast and the pan au chocolate was so hard and stale I didn’t get passed the first bite. There was some nice fresh bread but the knife provided was so small and the bread so soft I couldn’t cut it properly. There were no fresh meats that I could see and the cheese was presented in little pre packed portions and tasted rather plastic. All the fruit juice had also gone.
Sort the breakfast out and this would be a good place for an overnight on business.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank your recent review, and for your kind comments on the hotel and free WI - fi provided. I have taken on your comments regarding breakfast and will discuss with the team, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Once again thank you for your time

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed on 01/01/14 for one night prior to jetting off on holiday the next day. The Hallmark is advertised as a airport hotel so decided to book due to the spa/pool etc being advertised but on arrival at 1430 we were told that these ammenities were now closed due to the time of day? how much of a let down was that! also had previously been told breakfast was served from 6am but on arrival it was now 7am..most annoying seeing that if using this hotel prior to flying then most flights are early morning...so if you have not had the luxury on doing online check in then your breakfast will be missed due to airline recomendations to check in 4 hours prior to flight..Unlike other guests complaint we could not be any happier with our room on cleanliness and decor..so credit were credit is due. Would now use on site airport hotels in the future...overall nice comfortable stay but no pool or spa along with breakfast was disappointing.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank helixstum

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay. It was lovely to read you liked the hotel and would use us again. My apologies that the health club was closed on arrival this was due to it being New Year’s Day and restricted opening hours. I am unsure where the confusion regarding breakfast service time has arisen as breakfast is never served at 6am and stated at 7am on weekdays and 8am on weekends and bank holidays.

Thanks again for your time

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We spent 5 nights at this hotel. Room was very clean, bed comfortable which is essential for me, don't like hard beds and theirs were just right not too hard/soft. We were initially in room 414, if you have the option, don't stay in this room as it is super hot - they are unable to turn the heat down in individual rooms. We moved also due to very very inconsiderate neighbours but this was absolutely no trouble for the hotel. The staff are very pleasant and accommodating. The heat in our next room was fine, as it should have been, just seems to be an odd problem in room 414. We were also pleasantly surprised to find that although a New Years Party was in full swing, we didn't hear any music or even the bass thud of music.If we were to go to Handforth again, we would stay at this hotel as it was very comfortable, but I wouldn't pay their prices I'd go through another agent to get a deal.

Room Tip: don't use room 414 super super hot.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stiny70

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the hotel. It was good to read you enjoyed the majority of things. My apologies you felt your room was too warm. We do try to meet all guests’ needs with regards to temperature which is sometimes difficult. I do hope you will consider again in the future.

Thanks again for your time

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night to celebrate my husbands birthday.

The room was nice nothing special, although you could hear everyone walking past and things going on in the room next door.

I got a good deal on another website so I couldn't complain about the price unless I was paying full.

The spa facilities were very good.

The food I felt was too pricey for what it was. A bit bland, not bad but not good either.

It was a nice stay, but not really a memorable hotel or experience. Nothing big to complain about really. I like to stay in a lot of hotels for a hobby, this one was just very standard, nothing really stood out about it. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aladiran
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here overnight for the convenience of not having to travel home after a function. Staff at check in were very friendly and went out of their way to find me a quiet room because Xmas parties were on the go.

The room was clean and functional. I stay in a lot of hotels with my job and the room compared well to some of the best places I have stayed.

The food was excellent. I ate at a function and all food was served hot despite the high numbers involved. Breakfast the following morning was superb with coffee delivered to order, none of the mass produced coffee pots on show. It was served fresh each time, Barista style.

The gym was excellent too, very well equipped in a bespoke area of the hotel. I didn't try the pool but it looked clean and there was a steam and sauna to one end.

Generally, there was a good feel about the hotel, all the staff were very pleasant, helpful when they needed to be and thanked me for choosing to stay when I don't live that far away. It was excellent value and I will be recommending it to colleagues who travel from London on business to Manchester.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Steve J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on your recent stay. It was wonderful to read you enjoyed all elements of the hotels facilities and services.
The team do work hard at Hallmark Manchester to ensure guests stay is as pleasurable as possible and your kind comments will be shared with all team members.
It was a pleasure to here you particularly enjoyed our Barista style coffee served at breakfast which is one of Hallmark Hotels unique offerings to guest.
Please do share your experience with friends and colleagues and I do hope we shall welcome you back to the hotel at sometime in the very near future.

Linda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
#71 of 120 in Manchester
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!