1,917 results
All reviewsspa breakparty nightneck and shoulder massagecourse mealpark and flyhen partyan early flightspa facilitieshealth clublovely foodcouldn't faultclose to the airportan overnight staygood nights sleepfollowing morningstayed here for one nighttreatment
Reviewed 9 March 2014

After booking the spa retreat and afternoon tea for a friends birthday, We arrived to dirty changing room with mould an dirty nappies on the floor after deciding to give the spa area a try was shocked to find children's swimming lessons going on in the pool! Which defiantly didn't make it a 'relaxing spa retreat' pool area was also in need of a good paint and clean! Wouldn't recommend to anybody!!!! Biggest false advertisement I have ever seen.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Nataliekingx
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it was disappointing to read you never enjoyed your visit with us and I do offer my apologies. As with most health clubs swimming lessons are on for a couple of hours twice a week and we do try to limit this to off peak times.
It is unfortunate that a guest cleary never use the bins provided, we do our up most to keep the changing rooms clean and I am sorry you felt they were not on this occasion, and your comments will be reviewed immediately .
Regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Visited this Hotel for afternoon tea, bit of a disappointment, room dark with not much atmosphere, tables hadn't been cleaned and the floor needed a good hoover, food on the floor etc. The coffee was only just warm. Food was OK with plenty to eat. Sandwiches, cakes and scones. Didn't feel we had had a treat at all, which is what afternoon tea is all about. Won't be going back, what a shame.

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies you never enjoyed your afternoon tea experience with us. Feedback on this offering is normally excellent so your comments are disappointing. Coffee is brewed freshly to guest order Barrista style so I am unsure why the temperature was not hot enough however will review.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at the hallmark as a stop over before flying from Manchester airport the night before our flight and on the way back. The hotel is in a good area. within easy reach of the airport, the Trafford centre and has a mall just at the end of he road with a john lewis and sainsburys.
on our 1st night we had a three course meal and a breakfast the next morning which was in a package for £80 including our room, which was excellent value. there was a small supplement for steak or shell fish but well worth it.
There is a health club which can be used, the bar area is very relaxing although the drink is a bit expensive.
rooms are comfortable and of a decent standard
The APH car parking for the airport is a 5min drive away, easy to find and can recommend them as their service was excellent.
We arrived back in the uk at 2am but checking in was of no problem and check out was not till 11am, most places are usually 10am so bonus points for that.
Would definitely return to this hotel if flying out from Manchester airport or a trip to the Trafford centre.

1  Thank mgflooring

Dear guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review . It was great to read you found your stay with us so enjoyable and such good value for money .

I do hope you will return to the hotel at some time in the near future .

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were supposed to stay at another hotel but was sent here instead. If this hotel has had a 5 million pound refurbishment then the owner needs to get their money back!!! On entering the hotel it is partly painted, the roof had damp patches, the lifts didn't work and we were on the third floor,so we started up the steps only to have to wait for the cleaner to finish cleaning the stairs and this was at approx 14:30pm. The bar area was dark and dingy and not exactly clean and the drinks were very expensive. If we had paid the £98 I would be trying to get my money back, this is not even a 2*. Our bedroom had damp patches on the roof, it had not been cleaned the carpet was full of crumbs, the curtains looked like they had been screwed up and then put up at the windows in a hurry and the window frames were rusty and so we did not even try to open the window in case it fell out!!! The car park was full of holes and because of the rain it was muddy and it was difficult to find a decent path to walk to the reception. Not exactly what we expected of a 4* and certainly would not go again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Guest,

What a disappointing review, I was sorry to read you never enjoyed your time with us.
I would have to disagree with the many comments you have posted and do feel they are out of context and unfair and in no way a representation of the product we have on offer. I can only put this down to personal preference.
I do hope guests will take notes of the many positive and accurate reviews on this site.

Once again my apologies you were not happy with the hotel.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We came to the Hallmark for a family wedding in March. The food we were served at dinner exceeded expectations, the service was good and everyone seemed to have a lovely day. Unfortunately our room- on the fourth floor with the lift out of order was stifling, we had no way of turning down any heating and had to sleep with the window wide open. (It wouldn't open a little it was wide open or shut)
In the morning breakfast was of a good standard with a decent choice and plenty of juice and tea/coffee, unfortunately the water pressure in the room was so low that I couldn't have a proper shower and wash my hair. Reception did say they would report it to maintenance though my fathers room on the first floor had the same problem.
With a bit of an upgrade the hotel could be great but it does need bringing into 2014!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it was good to read you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us.

My apologies the lift was out of order on your visit, it was waiting for the parts to complete the refurbishment and for guests safety was taken out of order. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
My apologies for issues with the water pressure this is generally not an issue in the hotel, we have this checked out by our engineer - thank you for brining this to our attention.