1,989 results
All reviews spa break party night course meal park and fly hen party spa facilities health club food was lovely couldn't fault an overnight stay close to the airport good nights sleep stayed here for one night following morning treatment taxi katie
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were given a 2 night stay as a wedding gift.
when we arrived the hotel seemed quite nice from the front and the reception area was nice and modern. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. the lift was broken so had to carry baggage up 3 flights of stairs - not a big issue as I had my personal bag carrier (my husband). the hallway smelt lovely and fresh so we were looking forward to getting to see our room. it was room 301 and it looked nice to begin with - the bathroom was a bit too small, but very modern. We then started noticing little issues, as if the cleaner couldnt be bothered to clean it properly - dirty spoons in the tea cups. the strawberry's dipped in chocolate had been there for hours so had dried out (I think they should just get rid of this idea). dust on the bedside tables and just a general dirty feeling when we were sat in the room.
We didn't get much sleep both nights as there was a strange loud-ish noise coming from outside - like a motor/generator constantly throughout the day and night.
we decided to go and have a look at the 'spa' - it seemed to be full of locals and the swimming pool had swimming lessons - so as we wanted a relaxing spa, we completely avoided this.
Breakfast was nice and plentiful - but again, dirty cutlery and dirty plates.
would not personally pay to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xklkjx
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on your recent stay.

Your comments regarding cleanliness are surprising and I do apologize that you felt this. We do pride our self on housekeeping standards and I will immediately discuss your comments with my housekeeper.
The health club does host a private membership locally , however it is vary rarely busy with members , I am sorry you felt this was the case . Ordinarily we do not have an issue with the club being too busy.
All cutlery used in the hotel is polished prior to use so again this is suprising my apologies you were not happy with this.

Once again thank you for your comments
Kind regards ,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My sister and I had a 1 night break and although the hotel was in an odd area we had a really pleasant stay, especially as my sister had a fainting spell at breakfast which they dealt with in a sympathetic and professional manner. We couldn't fault the service and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The Tapas (included) was very tasty and the breakfast provided CRISPY bacon! and proper scrambled egg.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review on your recent stay.

Your comments will be shared with the team and I am delighted you found the staffs so helpful, they make a tremendous effort to ensure guests stay are as good as possible.

I would also have to agree with your comments on the scrambled eggs and crispy bacon... there the best !!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 9 March 2014

After booking the spa retreat and afternoon tea for a friends birthday, We arrived to dirty changing room with mould an dirty nappies on the floor after deciding to give the spa area a try was shocked to find children's swimming lessons going on in the pool! Which defiantly didn't make it a 'relaxing spa retreat' pool area was also in need of a good paint and clean! Wouldn't recommend to anybody!!!! Biggest false advertisement I have ever seen.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Nataliekingx

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it was disappointing to read you never enjoyed your visit with us and I do offer my apologies. As with most health clubs swimming lessons are on for a couple of hours twice a week and we do try to limit this to off peak times.
It is unfortunate that a guest cleary never use the bins provided, we do our up most to keep the changing rooms clean and I am sorry you felt they were not on this occasion, and your comments will be reviewed immediately .
Regards

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Visited this Hotel for afternoon tea, bit of a disappointment, room dark with not much atmosphere, tables hadn't been cleaned and the floor needed a good hoover, food on the floor etc. The coffee was only just warm. Food was OK with plenty to eat. Sandwiches, cakes and scones. Didn't feel we had had a treat at all, which is what afternoon tea is all about. Won't be going back, what a shame.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

My sincere apologies you never enjoyed your afternoon tea experience with us. Feedback on this offering is normally excellent so your comments are disappointing. Coffee is brewed freshly to guest order Barrista style so I am unsure why the temperature was not hot enough however will review.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed at the hallmark as a stop over before flying from Manchester airport the night before our flight and on the way back. The hotel is in a good area. within easy reach of the airport, the Trafford centre and has a mall just at the end of he road with a john lewis and sainsburys.
on our 1st night we had a three course meal and a breakfast the next morning which was in a package for £80 including our room, which was excellent value. there was a small supplement for steak or shell fish but well worth it.
There is a health club which can be used, the bar area is very relaxing although the drink is a bit expensive.
rooms are comfortable and of a decent standard
The APH car parking for the airport is a 5min drive away, easy to find and can recommend them as their service was excellent.
We arrived back in the uk at 2am but checking in was of no problem and check out was not till 11am, most places are usually 10am so bonus points for that.
Would definitely return to this hotel if flying out from Manchester airport or a trip to the Trafford centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgflooring

Dear guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review . It was great to read you found your stay with us so enjoyable and such good value for money .

I do hope you will return to the hotel at some time in the near future .

Kind regards