“Nice night” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The room was lovely and staff very nice and helpful. Eat in the restaurant and the food and service both very good. Would defiantly recommend this hotel. Didn't use the spa but intend to the next time we visit. Will also consider it the next time I fly from manchester airport .

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the hotel . It was wonderful to read you enjoyed your visit and dinner in the brasserie .

Its a shame you never got the opportunity to use the spa facilities , hopefully you will come back and visit us again and have the time.

Kind regards

Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Me and my sister cum to this hotel on the spa break package once a year for last 4year and we've just been again this weekend, we invited a friend a long to who we highly recommend to cum :-) xx she loved it just as much as we do, u can't not like it for the price you pay, the food is 4* the rooms are lovely n so is the spa facility's n treatments, the young girl who presented our afteroon tea before coming home yesterday was very friendly and pleasant ( good at her job) the afternoon tea was best we've had at other places, overall very pleased. I'm returning in June with my boyfriend then me and my sister are cuming back with friends for August bank holiday excited already :-) highly recommend the Spa break x

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynseylovescarl
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review , thank you ! it was great to read you are such a return guest and enjoy our spa packages so much .

I do hope you enjoyed the newly refurbished spa and addition of our new relaxation areas .

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in August .

Kind regards

Spalding
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here with my Partner for 1 night. Room was fine/ food was good. Definitely would not recommend spa/ pool - The only way I could describe it was 'dull & dirty'

Main issue is with their after service. We left something in our room. Realised when we just left the hotel so called and they confirmed they had the item and would post it out that day. This was the 27th Feb - 2 months on I still have not received the item - fobbed off by different members of staff including Jo, Shaun Prince - one of the managers. Poor communication - telling me to find out if it was posted via royal mail. 2 months on I still haven't received an apology.
Poor Service!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank callywally_10
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was good to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding the spa are extremely confusing and disappointing. The health club and spa has just undergone a full refurbishment and is far from dull and dirty so I would have to disagree.
Your r comments regarding poor after service again are disappointing. My staff forwarded your item left in the hotel at our cost and did communicate this to yourself. When you called to say you had not received we took the time to look into it with British mail who advised that as it was your item that had been lost you would need to fill in a form with them directly . This was no fault of the hotels and I do believe both my managers assisted and acted as helpfully as they could.
Linda

Travellers are raving about these Handforth hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here in Feb 2014 for a 2 night break.

We arrived to find the lift not working. Not a problem though one of those things. The lady on reception looked towards a guy who must of worked there and asked him to help us with our bags which he didn't seem to impressed about but then he helped us up the stairs.

Rooms - They where nice - nothing special. Not as big as I thought it would be. Big television opposite the bed was nice to lie on the bed and relax. Rooms had tea/coffee making facilities and had a bath with a shower head so all in all rooms had everything they needed just a little small and had dirty window frames. I wasn't "wowed" but not disappointed.

Spa - Nice treatment, Spa was very dated though and in need of updating.

Bar - The bar area I thought was great. Very chilled out and there just seemed to be a nice atmosphere. The young men working in the bar where very pleasant, I often heard them chatting away to guests.

Food - The food in the restaurant was of an extremely high standard. I really enjoyed my evening meal. The other friends I stayed with where also very impressed. We dine in nice places quite often and this food was up there with the best. It was the best part of the stay. Hats off to the chef and also the waitress' in the restaurant who where pleasant

Breakfast - Enjoyed the food. Everything you would expect full english, cereals etc.

All in all I had a nice stay. If I had paid a lot of money I would have been disappointed as the rooms and spa are nice but nothing special.

For a cheap break it is value for money and worth a visit - Just make sure you get a good deal!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ElleJ82
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review . It was good to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Apologies the lift was out of order , it was actually under refurbishment which is now complete.

Burscough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Me and my partner stayed for 1 night in April 2014 for a little break. When we arrived the staff on reception were lovely and told us everything we needed to know. The room was really nice, clean and comfortable. It had a big 32 inch tv on the wall and free tea and coffee in there also. One down side was the water for a bath/shower wasnt really that hot but enough for what i needed. We went down and had the tapas which was lovely and for me was like a meal in itself!! Meals were a bit pricey but still looked lovely and worth the money. Breakfast was a help yourself option with a full English, fruit, youghurts, cereals etc, you name it and it was there!! Very tasty.
I used the spa facilities twice and it was fab! The staff were so helpful and you got given a towel and a padlock for free, they normally charge so that was a bonus and I could stay in there as long as I wanted.
Overall it was a fab night away, well worth the money and would stay again definitely!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xkatie89x
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a fantastic review on your recent stay at the hotel . It was wonderful to read you enjoyed all our facilities and found the spa to be so enjoyable.

Feedback such as this is invaluable to us and we will share with all the team .

Thank you again and come back and see us soon

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner on a romantic trip and was very disappointed! The room was below standard, as in previous reviews the window frames were filthy, the wall had been half painted and was two toned. We first thought this was a shadow but realised it wasn't and was in fact a shocking paint job.

It was extremely disappointing for the £80 it cost for the room a premier inn would of been cheaper and a fraction of the cost!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
It was disappointing you did not enjoy your stay with us and I am sorry this was the case
I would disagree with your comments and think they are out of context. Older window frames in a room do not affect guests stay, resolution was tried with yourself by being offered a room move when you expressed your dislike however rejected by yourself which was disappointing.
The hotel has recently had its 4 star rating via the AA and is in the higher category of scoring for 4 star properties.
I do hope future travelers will take note of the hundreds of fantastic reviews written by other travelers choosing the hotel.
Ayrshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I can't thank this hotel enough,I was on a week long coarse with GM Academy and was looked after first class.All the staff were very friendly and always very helpful.The bedrooms were very clean and modern.I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,399 reviews
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!