“Good night before flight hotel”

Hallmark Hotel Manchester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Handforth
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for the second time before a flight. Must say experience was much better this time as our room was to the back of the hotel away from function suites. Last time there was a wedding and a prom on! Only the prom this time but we were able to sleep. Enjoyed the spa facilities this time around and cannot complain about the food at all. Receptionist told us we would have to upgrade our reservation to have dinner and when I showed her our confirmation with dinner there was no apology which I thought was rather rude. Having stayed last year and having a bad experience(not being able to sleep because of the noise) this was our last choice if hotel. We only ended up there because we needed 3 weeks parking. Would definitely return but beware of room location.

1  Thank Firball2

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This is my fourth time to this hotel and I always enjoy it. My husband and I visited as a treat the night before we flew out to get married abroad as we wanted to start the celebrations early. We got the champagne and chocolate strawberries with the package which is always a nice touch. I do enjoy the spa facilities too and it's a great way to relax and unwind after the stresses of wedding planning! The only slight niggle I experienced this time was the tapas evening snack as we went down and asked the bar man when it was ready to be served and he said he'd let us know, over half hour later and nothing happened until we saw another couple go up. I wish he had let us know as after that I couldn't eat too much as we had our evening meal booked for a couple hours later. But that was only a minor problem. The staff as usual were lovely and catered to our needs. There was a young girl in the morning that served us coffee and she was very enthusiastic and friendly about our upcoming wedding. The food as always lived up to its expectations the evening meal was absolutely superb but I could not eat it all. The breakfast in the morning was also yummy. What a great way to spend the night before we flew away to get married. I will probably be back in September to spend the night here the day before we fly out for our honeymoon.

1  Thank tarangelaben
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Selected this hotel as we had a Virgin Experience gift card. Wish I had of selected somewhere else. First impressions - next to a housing development but to be fair no drama. Reception was ok and friendly, paid for an upgrade to a suite, which was a good size and separate room if basic with views over housing site and car park. Toiletries basic. Room quite dated and in need of decor. Bedding was sheet, blanket and throw. Room was hot and discarded blanket. Used health spa and was very good but had to hire robes at £10 for between treatments and would have thought should be included with treatments as they were not cheap. The swimming pool was very good with steam room, sauna and jacuzzis. Booked dinner for 7pm and this was not a good experience as had hoped for our special day. No need to dress up in this 4* restaurant, flip flops accepted. Food was very good but service was poor. We were forgotten after main course so no pudding until I asked for manager. We accepted managers apology. On the other hand breakfast was very good but everything is self service at weekends including beverages. Don't get away as a couple very often and this stay was quite disappointing. Perhaps my expectation of a 4* service was too high but I won't use the brand again.

Room Tip: Double Room was a good size for a couple but if booking with children worth upgrading to suite for t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Unless you are here for a party or wedding don't bother. We came and unfortunately it was so so loud stuck listening to 80s disco at full blast. Lots of people on hen do's and having lots of fun but certainly not a relaxing break!

Food nice rest poor

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Used this hotel mainly for the parking of our car, while holidaying for two weeks. Really good value for money. Room was clean tidy and had all mod cons. Our price included meal and breakfast. The evening meal, I had "posh" fish and chips. Uhmmm... posh fish and chips, anyways, came with maybe 9 chunky chips and err fish. It was ok but maybe I'm not into posh nosh. At least I can say I've had it. Breakfast, buffet type and cracking. Un-rushed.
The hotel is a 4 star, must admit did not feel like a 4 star. Very relaxed and understated. The pool and steam room is a MUST.
Staff was cracking. All in all a great find and will stay again. Well done all.

Room Tip: would ask to stay away from the front of hotel. If in summer and having windows open, I would think...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank macwheeldon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've stayed at the Hallmark on a number of occasions and the accommodation is generally fine ( a dearth of good hotels in this area makes me keep coming back). I stayed there Sunday 22 and Monday 23rd June 2014 but this time the quality of the food and the lacklustre attitude of the staff made me rather annoyed. Cheap ingredients, badly prepared made the Bistro meal barely edible. I sent the Crab Mayonnaise back (grey, bitter, smelt off). The Fish skewer was served on a bed of truly awful salad (pallid egg, rubber olives, tasteless tomatoes). I shall actively avoid staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms don't have aircon, so if it's hot, ask for the north side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Trishthefish186338
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at the Hallmark the night before flight out from Manchester Airport. Nice comfortable hotel, a little dated but staff in bar and restaurant were really helpful and friendly, really making us fell welcome. Rooms have tea and coffee making facilities and really comfortable beds, parking was included in the deal cars parked at hotel with transfers to airport included with really friendly taxi drivers.

2  Thank Mark M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Handforth
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
Hallmark Inn Manchester South
#71 of 120 in Manchester
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to Hallmark Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!