Hallmark Hotel Manchester
  • Restaurant
Cheadle House(Cheadle)
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
1,772 results
All reviewsspa breakparty nightcourse mealpark and flyspa facilitieshen partyhealth clublovely foodcouldn't faultan overnight stayone night staygood nights sleepfollowing morningairporttreatmenttaxikatie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here a few nights ago and wow what a surprise. The bedroom was amazing, massive bed, separate room with TV and great bathroom.

We also tried the spa and it was great :)

Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MMB1007
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Would not recommend. Aside from the booking type err, I was rudely answered and even the maids stole things from my room. Worst hotel I ever stayed in my life: not returned my email and said they could not help me solve the case of theft. Horrible!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for the second time before a flight. Must say experience was much better this time as our room was to the back of the hotel away from function suites. Last time there was a wedding and a prom on! Only the prom this time but we were able to sleep. Enjoyed the spa facilities this time around and cannot complain about the food at all. Receptionist told us we would have to upgrade our reservation to have dinner and when I showed her our confirmation with dinner there was no apology which I thought was rather rude. Having stayed last year and having a bad experience(not being able to sleep because of the noise) this was our last choice if hotel. We only ended up there because we needed 3 weeks parking. Would definitely return but beware of room location.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Firball2
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This is my fourth time to this hotel and I always enjoy it. My husband and I visited as a treat the night before we flew out to get married abroad as we wanted to start the celebrations early. We got the champagne and chocolate strawberries with the package which is always a nice touch. I do enjoy the spa facilities too and it's a great way to relax and unwind after the stresses of wedding planning! The only slight niggle I experienced this time was the tapas evening snack as we went down and asked the bar man when it was ready to be served and he said he'd let us know, over half hour later and nothing happened until we saw another couple go up. I wish he had let us know as after that I couldn't eat too much as we had our evening meal booked for a couple hours later. But that was only a minor problem. The staff as usual were lovely and catered to our needs. There was a young girl in the morning that served us coffee and she was very enthusiastic and friendly about our upcoming wedding. The food as always lived up to its expectations the evening meal was absolutely superb but I could not eat it all. The breakfast in the morning was also yummy. What a great way to spend the night before we flew away to get married. I will probably be back in September to spend the night here the day before we fly out for our honeymoon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tarangelaben
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Selected this hotel as we had a Virgin Experience gift card. Wish I had of selected somewhere else. First impressions - next to a housing development but to be fair no drama. Reception was ok and friendly, paid for an upgrade to a suite, which was a good size and separate room if basic with views over housing site and car park. Toiletries basic. Room quite dated and in need of decor. Bedding was sheet, blanket and throw. Room was hot and discarded blanket. Used health spa and was very good but had to hire robes at £10 for between treatments and would have thought should be included with treatments as they were not cheap. The swimming pool was very good with steam room, sauna and jacuzzis. Booked dinner for 7pm and this was not a good experience as had hoped for our special day. No need to dress up in this 4* restaurant, flip flops accepted. Food was very good but service was poor. We were forgotten after main course so no pudding until I asked for manager. We accepted managers apology. On the other hand breakfast was very good but everything is self service at weekends including beverages. Don't get away as a couple very often and this stay was quite disappointing. Perhaps my expectation of a 4* service was too high but I won't use the brand again.

Room Tip: Double Room was a good size for a couple but if booking with children worth upgrading to suite for the additional separate room for £30. Don't ask for a family room which is just a larger single room. A ski slope is directly opposite hotel so good for kids but the hotel pool will certainly keep children busy, not a standard rectangle pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple