Kinderton House Hotel
US$74
US$62
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsexcellent foodmashsmall hotelsteak piespent one night hereboth dinner and breakfastfamily christeningsunday roastchildren's play areagreat roomroom was largekept awakepiping hotwould stay here againeasy accesscomfortable roomssaturday evening
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was in room 3 which was near the main road with a streetlight which seemed to be right outside my window and kept the room light all night, i would suggest a blackout blind in this room, saying that had a pleasant stay, the staff were helpful and friendly, the food wonderful including the breakfast and it was i thought great value for money, I will stay here again when i am next in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed during RHS Tatton show 2014, Service, cleanliness, quality, friendliness, value for money - absolutely superb. Would recommend to anyone. Busy establishment, entertainment excellent, rooms very pleasant (shower great - Rm 6). WiFi great in the bar. Not often I get asked which scrambled egg I preferred !!!
Returning early Sept - if they'll have me !!!!

Room Tip: 5 or 6 - both were good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

As a resident of Middlewich for over 25 years I have seen and sampled most of the local establishments. The Kinderton is by far the best in the town. The food is exceptional, the steak being possibly the best I have ever eaten and the new platters are just divine. Children love the ice cream in bird shaped containers I have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful, quick to serve and keeping tables clean. Carole, the manager, is always on hand to oversee and I have always found her helpful and friendly. Children are welcome, as long as they follow the rules and as a mother of an eight year old I totally agree with them not being in the bar area and no running through the garden bar.

I quite often meet up with other mothers for a treat here, the wine is lovely and reasonably priced and the children have a great time in the huge play area out the back.

Through work all our international visitors are booked into this hotel and the feed back has always been positive with requests for rebooking on future trips.

For two consecutive years I have organised Christmas parties here, atmosphere fantastic, food brilliant, service outstanding.

If the Kinderton wasn't here I wouldn't go out as there is nothing in 20 mile radius that achieves the standards they uphold

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had an over night stay with friends and had a nice welcome on arrival and we shown to our room (number 8) at the back and very quiet, after an evening out and a great nights sleep we rose to sit in a fabulous setting for breakfast!, freshly cooked full English which was just the ticket!
Start to finish we we looked after by the wonderful ladies. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Room 8 was quiet at the rear
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Parkhurst111
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I love the Kinderton. The location is great. The beer garden is better than most. The problem is the staff and especially the landlady. They are sullen, rude, miserable and do not show the least appreciation for your custom. It's not a cheap place by any means, but when I hand over £10 pounds for 2 drinks I would at least expect a thank you rather than an unsmiling robot. Smiling costs nothing!

• Stayed: May 2014