The hotel is located in the centre of Nantwich. Car parking is a bit awkward, the hotel has some designated spaces at the end of a public pay and display car park and I had to manouvre carefully into an end bay. My first impression indoors was "Alice in Wonderland". It is clearly an old building, the staircases are narrow and creaky, the floors are not level and there are exposed wooden beams in unexpected locations and at many angles. You need to work out your bearings before visiting the bar/restaurant. I liked my room, it had nice features and it was warm and cosy on a bitterly cold night. But it overlooked a street where people spilled out of other venues quite late and so there was some noise when I was trying to sleep. I found the food generally to be of a reasonable quality and I really liked the cheeseboard. Service was very good, at dinner and breakfast. Choose this hotel if you don't like the modern, antiseptic boring hotel chains but make sure you ask for a quiet room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Hotel is a grade II listed building in the beautiful historic market town of Nantwich. The hotel has been a central feature of Nantwich for more than 400 years.The 3 storied building was burnt down in the fire of Nantwich in 1583, The hotel was quickly rebuilt by Queen Elizabeth 1st, with timbers from the nearby Delamere forest. The Crown Hotel now boast all the features the modern day traveller expects yet, retains many original features including an abundance of Oak beams, wattle & daub plaster walls and roaring open fires.All our 18 guest rooms are well appointed with en suite bathrooms and Individual designed features. Diners in our Bar & Grill, which has been recently renovated, can expect cuisine of the highest quality using fresh local products and wines from around the world in a relaxed and unique setting. The Bar offers an excellent choice of ever changing real ales. We are a CAMRA real ale venue. FREE car parking and Internet connection are offered to all guests.The hotel is central for the Nantwich Jazz festival, Food & drink festival and many other local and Cheshire events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your The Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel And Casa Brasserie
- Nantwich Best Western
- Best Western Nantwich
- The Crown Hotel Nantwich, Cheshire