“Dreadful Restaurant”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Dreadful Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

We visited Casa Brasserie yesterday for our evening meal,it was frankly one of the poorest meals we have ever had! The starter arrived and we have ordered bruschetta in many restaurants before and it's always been very tastey,this however was poor! The bread was fine but the large amount of balsamic vinegar ruined the small amount of onion and hard tomato,I then had spag bol and asked for a roll which took 8 minutes to bake ,the spag Bol was awful with a very unpleasant flavour which again I have had many times before elsewhere successfully.My husband had a pizza that was burnt on the outside and uncooked in the middle! When asked by the waitress if our meal was ok I said "it's ok but that's all we can say" and then asked for the bill,she walked to the head waiter and spoke to him ,he then came over took our money and rushed off as quickly as possible!!very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Elizabeth R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
haverfordwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

The hotel is a lovely ancient black and white building and when we booked we imagined we would be in one of ythe lovely old beamed bedrooms they show on the website we were disapointed to be in a more modern room with no view and it was quite small for a twin. The worst thing was the odd smell when we entered the roo it smelled of drains and affected my friend more than me
We ate in their Italian restaurant which was excellent. Unfortunately we chose a saturday to stay and ther is a night cklub nest door which seems to noisily tip out at 3 am my friend woke and complained about it the next morning as there were fights and police etc luckily I had enjoyed my meal and wine so much that I slept through it. The staff were lovely tough and overall I would reccommend it but not sure my friend would!!

Room Tip: if you would like the olde worlde room make sure you are at the front of the building
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Padstow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Amazing building with such a rich history. Friendly and helpful staff. Husband is disabled and needs assistance which was readily and thoughtfully given. Excellent meal which we will remember. Collecting Avis car for journey from Nantwich to North Wales. This all fell into place perfectly. Room very comfortable, warm, clean and well appointed bath / shower room. Hotel has great atmosphere and is in an ideal location. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear of hotel probably quietest.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue P
Nantwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

I booked my daughter's wedding last February to take place last Saturday, which it did. Throughout the whole process Susan and her daughter, Abigail could not have been more helpful or accommodating. As for the day itself, what can I say that would reflect strongly enough how pleased and delighted we were from start to finish. We able to have access to the beautiful ballroom the day before so we could dress it, although it needed little adding as Susan had organised the chair covers, sashes etc,. She also had kindly left up her Christmas decorations as they matched the colour scheme. The food was exactly as we ordered, even down to the 'very well done bacon' requested for the evening buffet! It was efficiently and politely served. There were 100 guests, and we even had a vegan coeliac to cater for! The atmosphere was fabulous, the disco the best we had been to, no talking!! We occupied most of the hotel rooms that night, which were quirky, warm and comfortable. If you want boring travel inn type places this is not for you! Breakfast next morning was brilliant, well cooked, ample and again served politely and efficiently. My daughter described it as her dream day, this was made possible by Susan and her staff.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Stone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

I took my Mum here for her 80th Birthday as it was somewhere she used to go to with my Dad. We were really looked after by the staff,especially Abigail who had taken our booking and made a fuss of us when we got there. Stayed in a lovely room,second floor at the front and it was a bit of a climb up the higgledy piggledy staircase. The bar area is really accommodating with lots of nooks and crannies, a roaring fire and a pianist. We also had dinner at Casa which was really nice,excellent quality and reasonably priced. I'm going to rave about the pudding!! We both had the mango tarte tatin with honeycomb ice cream and warm honey dribbled all over and it was exceptional.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed at the Crown on Christmas night whilst visiting relatives in Nantwich for Christmas. The hotel is from the 16th century and has many original features, including original floors that go in every direction but straight! Right in the centre of town, it is ideal for seeing historic Nantwich, only a short stroll from shops, restaurants, bars, the river and the canal. When we stayed the town was very quiet, as to be expected on Christmas night. Breakfast was fine, just what you'd expect from an English pub. Staff were warm, friendly and helpful, would stay here again.

Room Tip: The staircases are very narrow and steep so need to bear this in mind when booking - no lifts.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Didcot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

The hotel is located in the centre of Nantwich. Car parking is a bit awkward, the hotel has some designated spaces at the end of a public pay and display car park and I had to manouvre carefully into an end bay. My first impression indoors was "Alice in Wonderland". It is clearly an old building, the staircases are narrow and creaky, the floors are not level and there are exposed wooden beams in unexpected locations and at many angles. You need to work out your bearings before visiting the bar/restaurant. I liked my room, it had nice features and it was warm and cosy on a bitterly cold night. But it overlooked a street where people spilled out of other venues quite late and so there was some noise when I was trying to sleep. I found the food generally to be of a reasonable quality and I really liked the cheeseboard. Service was very good, at dinner and breakfast. Choose this hotel if you don't like the modern, antiseptic boring hotel chains but make sure you ask for a quiet room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room to avoid late-night noise from the street below.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
The Cheshire Cat
#2 of 9 in Crewe
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,077 reviews
BEST WESTERN Crewe Arms Hotel
Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel

Been to The Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!