Love old buildings and the character they possess, and will say the same about the Crown Hotel, it being our favourite pub in Nantwich ( and there are several! ). Full of character and olde worlde charm, have no complaints about the bar and the adjoining Italian restaurant, which is fantastic. We have enjoyed several lovely meals there.
The hotel......well, we would just say that this disappointed us, as the rooms just didn't seem to be in keeping with the ambiance of the period building. It's a shame as more attention paid to the decor would make all the difference to some of the rooms.
The room we stayed in needed a complete overhall of the bathroom which actually smelt like they had just removed a spraying tom cat, and this smell permeated the whole room. Two other rooms that our party were staying in were twin rooms, with absolutely no character, one with no room to walk around the beds, the other with not even a window, just a skylight..really quite oppressing. No attempt to brighten or characterise these rooms with nice furnishings befitting an ' olde worlde ' hotel ( plastic venetian blinds and no curtains?! )
The televisions are old with terrible reception. The bedrooms facing the front of the hotel are very noisy at weekends late at night due to loud music from the neighbouring pub.
The breakfast is nice, but they should leave the coffee pot on the table as they do with the tea! Certain ' senior ' members of staff need to actually smile at their guests.....?
We have stayed at other character hotels for the same price and slightly cheaper in some cases, which do have more attention spent on the bedrooms and the comfort of the guests, and constructive criticism is never a bad thing we think!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Hotel is a grade II listed building in the beautiful historic market town of Nantwich. The hotel has been a central feature of Nantwich for more than 400 years.The 3 storied building was burnt down in the fire of Nantwich in 1583, The hotel was quickly rebuilt by Queen Elizabeth 1st, with timbers from the nearby Delamere forest. The Crown Hotel now boast all the features the modern day traveller expects yet, retains many original features including an abundance of Oak beams, wattle & daub plaster walls and roaring open fires.All our 18 guest rooms are well appointed with en suite bathrooms and Individual designed features. Diners in our Bar & Grill, which has been recently renovated, can expect cuisine of the highest quality using fresh local products and wines from around the world in a relaxed and unique setting. The Bar offers an excellent choice of ever changing real ales. We are a CAMRA real ale venue. FREE car parking and Internet connection are offered to all guests.The hotel is central for the Nantwich Jazz festival, Food & drink festival and many other local and Cheshire events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel And Casa Brasserie
- Nantwich Best Western
- Best Western Nantwich
- The Crown Hotel Nantwich, Cheshire