This hotel is in the perfect location, right in the heart of the beautiful market town of Nantwich. This is only a 2* hotel, however it is definately at the top of this scale, its rooms are basic, clean, and have exactly what you would expect a 2* hotel to have.
The staff are extremely attentive and nothing is too much trouble, especially the blonde lady on reception who i think is the owner. The other receptionist "Bertie" adds that special value to the hotel which no other would have!
We stayed at the Crown for two nights, one of which we dined in the Italian restaurant, the food was delicious, and again we had excellent service! It was also very good value for money, we had 3 courses and a bottle of wine which worked out about £20 per head!
Overall i would reccommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to be in the heart of Nantwich, near all the shops, bars and restaurants! It is exactly what it says on the tin and is not like other hotels which are very streamline and modern, that is not what you would expect of a 16th century coaching house! The staff, food, drink and rooms were exactly what we were looking for!
Not forgetting the added bonus of free parking which you dont get in most hotels these days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Hotel is a grade II listed building in the beautiful historic market town of Nantwich. The hotel has been a central feature of Nantwich for more than 400 years.The 3 storied building was burnt down in the fire of Nantwich in 1583, The hotel was quickly rebuilt by Queen Elizabeth 1st, with timbers from the nearby Delamere forest. The Crown Hotel now boast all the features the modern day traveller expects yet, retains many original features including an abundance of Oak beams, wattle & daub plaster walls and roaring open fires.All our 18 guest rooms are well appointed with en suite bathrooms and Individual designed features. Diners in our Bar & Grill, which has been recently renovated, can expect cuisine of the highest quality using fresh local products and wines from around the world in a relaxed and unique setting. The Bar offers an excellent choice of ever changing real ales. We are a CAMRA real ale venue. FREE car parking and Internet connection are offered to all guests.The hotel is central for the Nantwich Jazz festival, Food & drink festival and many other local and Cheshire events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your The Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel And Casa Brasserie
- Nantwich Best Western
- Best Western Nantwich
- The Crown Hotel Nantwich, Cheshire