I booked the Crown on the internet; it looked great, but at times pictures can be somewhat flattering. The hotel is well located in the centre of Nantwich, but the room I was given was tiny with a narrow and well sprung bed -- I know it was well sprung because I could feel every spring as they poked through the ticking. The room was cold, but repeated dialling of 100 for reception achieved no replies and I had to put up with the freezing conditions. The receptionist kindly offered me earplugs as it was a weekend, but I declined as I find it impossible to sleep with earplugs in.
The breakfast was ok, waitress service plus very limited selection of cereals etc.
Really this hotel should not be in the business of renting rooms if the noise levels are as bad as this. The exterior of the hotel is picturesque, and the sloping floors and crooked staircase may well impress many guests so that they overlook the shortcomings, but I would not stay here again -- I like some comfort and a good night's sleep. If I had taken my other half based on the website's romantic image, I would have been even more disappointed.
To be fair, the room was clean - to the extent that every surface was layered in furniture polish spray.
Unles you are going to Nantwich for a booze-up and don't mind the noise and the discomfort, try elsewhere. Not good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Hotel is a grade II listed building in the beautiful historic market town of Nantwich. The hotel has been a central feature of Nantwich for more than 400 years.The 3 storied building was burnt down in the fire of Nantwich in 1583, The hotel was quickly rebuilt by Queen Elizabeth 1st, with timbers from the nearby Delamere forest. The Crown Hotel now boast all the features the modern day traveller expects yet, retains many original features including an abundance of Oak beams, wattle & daub plaster walls and roaring open fires.All our 18 guest rooms are well appointed with en suite bathrooms and Individual designed features. Diners in our Bar & Grill, which has been recently renovated, can expect cuisine of the highest quality using fresh local products and wines from around the world in a relaxed and unique setting. The Bar offers an excellent choice of ever changing real ales. We are a CAMRA real ale venue. FREE car parking and Internet connection are offered to all guests.The hotel is central for the Nantwich Jazz festival, Food & drink festival and many other local and Cheshire events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Hotel And Casa Brasserie
- Nantwich Best Western
- Best Western Nantwich
- The Crown Hotel Nantwich, Cheshire