I have been to the spa at Rookery Hall a few times so knew that the spa facilities were of a good standard. Saw an offer on their website for a £150 Dinner, B&B & room upgrade (exec room) so decided to go for an overnight getaway.
On arrival we were greeted by Brian, who took our bags and showed us to reception. The reception area is lovely and really relaxed, free apples and newspapers for you to take. Check in nice and straightforward, and Brian booked us in for our dinner at the restaurant.
We were then shown to our room, which was an executive room and was absolutely lovely, possibly the best room we've ever stayed in. So many nice little touches that made it special. The room was done out beautifully, didn't feel like a standard identikit hotel room furnishings. Really comfy bed, flat screen TV with loads of channels, DVD player and massive selection of DVDs you can borrow.
There is a TV IN THE BATHROOM. Which was so cool it now makes me hate my bathroom at home because there is no TV in it. Also a funky 'experience' shower with different settings and jets. Very cool. Robes with the room which you can take to the spa. Good quality toiletries and complements tray, and the exec room had a mini-fridge with a bottle each of sparkling and still water.
Spa is lovely, there's a really nice hydrotherapy pool set away from the main pool which has reclining jacuzzi and massage jets. Sauna, steam room and decent sized pool, and lots of comfy loungers round the side of the pool area. They do have classes (e.g. aqua aerobics) there of a day though, so try to avoid those if you like your spa quiet! Also, if you fancy having a treatment while you're there (highly recommended) check the spa section of the website befor you go, as they usually have a discount on late availability treatments. The rasul is great for your skin (and a good giggle as you look like a sea monster with the mud on).
The brasserie in the spa is nice, and having had treatments here before I can highly recommend these!
We had our dinner in the hotel restaurant, which is really lovely (and quite fancy - wished I'd brought something other than trainers!!) and the food and service was wonderful. The food included on the offer was really good quality - I had wood pigeon for my starter (a first for me!), ribeye steak for main (supplement) and 'plate of chocolate' for pud, which was TO DIE FOR.
The room was nice and quiet and I slept like a baby in the big comfy bed. We ordered our breakfast to be brought to the room (you fill in the request on the door hanger) and it arrived dead on 8.30 when we asked for. I don't think that we were charged for this, but if they do charge I guess it would be the usual £3 tray charge, and it's worth it to chill out in the morning I think. They offer specialist foods on request such as gluten free bread, soya milk and diabetic jam - this was much appreciated as I could actually have toast! Breakfast was lovely as well, and there was a really good choice of items on there.
They also specifically invite you to continue to enjoy the spa facilities after you check out, which was really nice because we could have a nice chilled out morning and check out at 11 before having a last go in the spa before heading off.
Really couldn't fault the hotel on a single thing, can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Lovely, lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire