“Luxurious”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
UK
“Luxurious”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The setting for this place is idyllic in the Cheshire countryside. The views are fantastic and the rooms are classic style. Maybe dated ever so slightly but that is perfectly acceptable if you want new then don't choose an old hall for your event!
The rooms are very spacious with a large bathrooms and a roll top bath with separate shower. The rooms are very clean and well kept. Bath robes are available with good quality toiletries in the bathroom. I slept extremely well so that must be down to the comfy bed and the peace and quiet in the area. We were staying in the older part of the hotel which I think I prefer ( but not stayed in the newer part to compare really)
The food and service were of a very high standard with the staff being amongst the most professional and courteous I have come across.
The breakfast was excellent and freshly cooked with a great choice and the service was again first class.
Check in and check out were also professional and we were guided to our rooms on check in and shown the "facilities"
We didn't have chance to use the spa so can't comment on the facilities there.
Overall a fantastic stay and I would definitely stay again and recommend to anybody.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 December 2012
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality and in particular our restaurant. I have passed your comments to all of the team concerned, including the Head Chef.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next visit to Cheshire.

Kind regards,

Gwyn Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I arranged to visit the hotel before booking as it was for my wife’s 60th birthday and I was shown around the hotel’s rooms and facilities. On the basis of this very pleasant experience I made my booking. The hotel is a beautiful building, in a wonderful setting and perfect for a special celebration.
On arrival the check-in was very efficient and welcoming. The baggage was taken to the room by a porter who passed on his knowledge of the room and the hotel in a very professional and amicable way.
We had a meal for four on my wife’s birthday as well as for a party of twenty-two on the following night. Both meals were excellent. I’d made the booking for several categories of rooms for family members to stay over and everyone thought they had a lovely room.
The room configuration that was agreed for the party changed from three round tables to one long one, but it turned out to be better that way as most people could see each other and chat across the table as well as to the side.
I could not have wished for better service. We were looked after exceptionally well (despite having guests arrive late) and the staff attention to detail was fantastic. The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. Nothing seemed too much trouble; they were excellent people who made the weekend a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I booked several rooms of various categories for family members, all of them very good. My wife and...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RW W
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor following your recent stay. I was delighted to read your comments with regard to your stay and the service received from the team. We do take great pride in our product and service and in particular in our high levels of food quality.

We are always receptive to feedback about our product and service and we work earnestly to make continuous improvements in these areas. We have a great team of people working at the hotel and it is nice that you have highlighted the reception team for their wonderful efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rookery Hall in the future.

North Wales
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We have just spent the weekend at rookery hall and had a fantastic, relaxing time. We stayed in an executive room which was well furnished and clean. The service was excellent and the food in the restaurant was superb. We had previously stayed at rookery hall and this time was just as good as our previous visit. The staff can't do enough for you. We will definitely return and would recommend for a chill out , relaxing stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendleech1
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Thank you for your complimentary review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read your comments about the facilities, amenities and food, however I was even more delighted to read your comments about the team. We are fortunate to have some very natural, attentive and genuinely charming staff who love what they do and who are very proud to work at the Hotel.

Many thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa again in the near future.

London
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed at Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa on 24th November for one night with my boyfriend. When we arrived the service that we received from the staff was brilliant, they were incredibly helpful. We had a traditional afternoon tea whilst waiting for our room, the food was lovely and we were seated by the window so could admire the grounds.

The room we were staying in was extremely comfortable, it had everything that you needed and more.

We used the spa on both the Saturday and Sunday and I couldn't have been more impressed with the service we received there. The staff were friendly and very informative, they really ensure that you have a relaxing and enjoyable time.

We had dinner in the restaurant on the Saturday night and it was lovely. My boyfriend and I both had a three course meal and the food was delicious.

We also had breakfast at the hotel which much like the dinner was delicious, their was plenty of choice and the staff are more than happy to cater for things that aren't on the menu.

Overall, I would highly recommend Rookery Hotel & Spa, it's the perfect place to relax and enjoy the countryside scenery. I would not hesitate in returning again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

We do take great pride in our product and service and in particular in our high levels of food quality. I notice you are definitely looking to return and when you do so please do take advantage of our fantastic offers by calling the hotel direct. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Stockton Heath, Warrington
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed for 2 nights back in May for my mums wedding.
Rooms were beautiful, staff were very helpful and food was great.

The spa facilities were amazing too (pools etc.)
Me and my mum also had massages and our make up done for the big day which was fab!

My dad also asked for personalised Vanilla creme brulees to be brought to me and my mum for our dessert which the staff were happy to do.
And in all honesty I think my mother may have spilt blood if the woman who runs the wedding side of the hotel wasn't there to help and support her.
Fantastic weekend :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Reb1991
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your Mothers wedding with us.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and all aspects of the hotel and spa. On behalf of myself and the rest of the team at Rookery Hall, we look forward to welcoming you all back to us in the future.

Best Wishes,

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This is one Hotel that justly deserves its 2 rosette accolade for food and to top that, the staff are such a happy team that they are a pleasure to be with, even when they are seriously busy. From managment to reception to restaurant to room attendants, everyone we met was polite, cheerful, helpful and professional. We were made to feel truly welcome and at ease from the outset.
It is true that some of the Hotel in the main house is a little tired, is a bit beyond "faded opulence" and could do with some refurbishment now. Never the less, the whole Hotel is spotlessly clean and very comfortable - a treat to come back to at the end of a cold wet day!
Even breakfast quality and service is excellent - which is not the case in many a chain Hotel.
We have stayed at other Handpicked Hotels and find them all to be very good indeed. Rookery Hall is no exception.
By the way - central booking staff are great too!

Room Tip: "November" is a bit "tired" and is over a service area with some fan noise but i...
1 Thank 112MandH
Thank you so much for your recent review.

We were delighted with the feedback in about service and as we place a great deal of emphasis on recruiting the right people and developing these people to be ambassadors for our company. I do take a keen interest in all reviews and rest assured we will learn from all our feedback.

We hope to see you again soon and look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next visit to Cheshire.

Kind regards

Belper, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed here last weekend 23rd,24th Nov and wow everything was perfect
The hotel was busy football team staying there apparently but this did not detract from the excellent service.polite attentive staff many thanks

Room Tip: we stayed in january junior suite pricey but well worth it for the views large bath etc............
1 Thank Florence707
Thank you for posting your comments following a stay here at Rookery Hall. It is always a real pleasure to read such feedback about staff being friendly and attentive. I will certainly convey your kind words to all the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Gwyn Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,052 reviews
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!