“Would love to return..”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

Just spent one night in this hotel as part of a business trip / Xmas meal. The business facilities were excellent but didn't have time for the spa. Had a Xmas meal here with a disco. Food was excellent all day and by far the best Xmas meal as part of a party booking. Disco was good with a cheery DJ who looked like he had spun many a disc. Room was excellent with a very comfortable bed and tv in bathroom. I stayed in the disabled room (not by choice) and could not for the life of me find anywhere to blow dry my hair with a mirror in front. It looked like the big TV had taken over from the dressing table mirror. This was my only minor niggle. Breakfast was superb with excellent service. I would love to return to this hotel but with more leisure time to explore.

• Stayed: December 2012
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us, and we do hope to see you many more times in the future. I very much appreciate your comments in relation to the staff and service. Once again many thanks for your much valued feedback and I look forward to seeing you in the hotel in the near future.

Gwyn Jones.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed 15 December 2012

I have been reluctant to leave a review about Rookery Hall but it has been playing on my mind. I booked this hotel for the day after our wedding. It was my wedding present to my new husband - a touch of luxury, something really special as our first booking as husband and wife. I even added a note to the online booking to state this. I upgraded to the A la Carte menu with champagne for our evening meal.
We were early and our room wasn't ready but we went and had lunch in the older part of the building and were very excited about our stay looking around us at all the character. Lunch was very good. We were walked to our room which was a nice touch rather than being left to find it ourselves. The room was located outside in the newer part of the hotel which, whilst very nice, was not what I was expecting. Our evening meal was booked for 845pm as they were quite busy. I had kept the upgrade as a surprise for my husband, a touch of luxury, Champagne with our meal. When we were asked what wine we would like I felt a little awkward. I then had to explain in front of my husband and other guests that I had booked the upgrade and was expecting champagne. The lady went and checked but came back and said it wasn't on her sheet. We ordered a bottle of wine and I sat there embarrassed thinking I must have made a mistake.
On check out I was handed the invoice to check and it clearly stated the champagne dinner. I knew I had booked it and pointed this out. They quickly removed the charge for it off the final bill but I was disappointed that my expectations for the night had been crushed.
Overall, the hotel was nice, the food was gorgeous and the bed comfy. Some kind of booking system failure meant I didn't get what I ordered and had paid up front for on the night of a special occasion. It was a shame.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank sasha9270
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for all of your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed the food and indeed the quality of the accommodation during your recent stay. However from your comments and feedback it is clear to me that, on this occasion, we failed to meet your expectations and I fully understand your disappointment. I am currently investigating what happened with the Champagne to understand where our systems have failed however please do accept my apologies for any embarrassment caused and if you would like to contact me personally I can respond to you more fully. My email address is gbjones@handpicked.co.uk

We are always receptive to feedback about our product and service and we work earnestly to make continuous improvements in these areas. To do this we always listen to honest and constructive comments from our guests and visitors even when it is uncomfortable to do so and then put in place procedures to ensure we do not fail twice. May I thank you for taking the time and trouble to post this report and once again please do accept my apologies.

Gwyn Jones.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

The setting for this place is idyllic in the Cheshire countryside. The views are fantastic and the rooms are classic style. Maybe dated ever so slightly but that is perfectly acceptable if you want new then don't choose an old hall for your event!
The rooms are very spacious with a large bathrooms and a roll top bath with separate shower. The rooms are very clean and well kept. Bath robes are available with good quality toiletries in the bathroom. I slept extremely well so that must be down to the comfy bed and the peace and quiet in the area. We were staying in the older part of the hotel which I think I prefer ( but not stayed in the newer part to compare really)
The food and service were of a very high standard with the staff being amongst the most professional and courteous I have come across.
The breakfast was excellent and freshly cooked with a great choice and the service was again first class.
Check in and check out were also professional and we were guided to our rooms on check in and shown the "facilities"
We didn't have chance to use the spa so can't comment on the facilities there.
Overall a fantastic stay and I would definitely stay again and recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality and in particular our restaurant. I have passed your comments to all of the team concerned, including the Head Chef.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next visit to Cheshire.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I arranged to visit the hotel before booking as it was for my wife’s 60th birthday and I was shown around the hotel’s rooms and facilities. On the basis of this very pleasant experience I made my booking. The hotel is a beautiful building, in a wonderful setting and perfect for a special celebration.
On arrival the check-in was very efficient and welcoming. The baggage was taken to the room by a porter who passed on his knowledge of the room and the hotel in a very professional and amicable way.
We had a meal for four on my wife’s birthday as well as for a party of twenty-two on the following night. Both meals were excellent. I’d made the booking for several categories of rooms for family members to stay over and everyone thought they had a lovely room.
The room configuration that was agreed for the party changed from three round tables to one long one, but it turned out to be better that way as most people could see each other and chat across the table as well as to the side.
I could not have wished for better service. We were looked after exceptionally well (despite having guests arrive late) and the staff attention to detail was fantastic. The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. Nothing seemed too much trouble; they were excellent people who made the weekend a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I booked several rooms of various categories for family members, all of them very good. My wife and...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RW W

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor following your recent stay. I was delighted to read your comments with regard to your stay and the service received from the team. We do take great pride in our product and service and in particular in our high levels of food quality.

We are always receptive to feedback about our product and service and we work earnestly to make continuous improvements in these areas. We have a great team of people working at the hotel and it is nice that you have highlighted the reception team for their wonderful efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rookery Hall in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

We have just spent the weekend at rookery hall and had a fantastic, relaxing time. We stayed in an executive room which was well furnished and clean. The service was excellent and the food in the restaurant was superb. We had previously stayed at rookery hall and this time was just as good as our previous visit. The staff can't do enough for you. We will definitely return and would recommend for a chill out , relaxing stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendleech1
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Thank you for your complimentary review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read your comments about the facilities, amenities and food, however I was even more delighted to read your comments about the team. We are fortunate to have some very natural, attentive and genuinely charming staff who love what they do and who are very proud to work at the Hotel.

Many thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed at Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa on 24th November for one night with my boyfriend. When we arrived the service that we received from the staff was brilliant, they were incredibly helpful. We had a traditional afternoon tea whilst waiting for our room, the food was lovely and we were seated by the window so could admire the grounds.

The room we were staying in was extremely comfortable, it had everything that you needed and more.

We used the spa on both the Saturday and Sunday and I couldn't have been more impressed with the service we received there. The staff were friendly and very informative, they really ensure that you have a relaxing and enjoyable time.

We had dinner in the restaurant on the Saturday night and it was lovely. My boyfriend and I both had a three course meal and the food was delicious.

We also had breakfast at the hotel which much like the dinner was delicious, their was plenty of choice and the staff are more than happy to cater for things that aren't on the menu.

Overall, I would highly recommend Rookery Hotel & Spa, it's the perfect place to relax and enjoy the countryside scenery. I would not hesitate in returning again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

We do take great pride in our product and service and in particular in our high levels of food quality. I notice you are definitely looking to return and when you do so please do take advantage of our fantastic offers by calling the hotel direct. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed for 2 nights back in May for my mums wedding.
Rooms were beautiful, staff were very helpful and food was great.

The spa facilities were amazing too (pools etc.)
Me and my mum also had massages and our make up done for the big day which was fab!

My dad also asked for personalised Vanilla creme brulees to be brought to me and my mum for our dessert which the staff were happy to do.
And in all honesty I think my mother may have spilt blood if the woman who runs the wedding side of the hotel wasn't there to help and support her.
Fantastic weekend :)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Reb1991
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your Mothers wedding with us.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and all aspects of the hotel and spa. On behalf of myself and the rest of the team at Rookery Hall, we look forward to welcoming you all back to us in the future.

Best Wishes,

Gwyn Jones

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!