We stayed here for one night, a family of four with two small children. Our deluxe room was a good size with a large bed for one child and a cot for the little one, and still lots of room to move around. The facilities in the room were great and the whole place had a great cared for and clean feel. The staff were helpful with our small mountain of luggage and we soon settled in.
The spa pool was great, a good size and reasonable temperature. It was quite busy but the pool was large enough that we never felt crowded. I note that there were allegedly family and non family times but never wanted to go at a non family time so have no idea if this would be a problem. If you have older kids, or are older, there are also a steam room, sauna and jet pool/jacuzzi.
Dinner was lovely. The venison I had was melt in the mouth, my wifes fillet was also superb. The wine list is not cheap, but the drinks we had were great and complemented the meal. The staff were great with our kids who also ate well.
NOTE: - If like us you are on a dinner inclusive package there is contradictory information on the menu. Sometimes it mentions the dinner credit for an inclusive guest of £31, sometimes it lists dishes with a supplementary charge. This all seems complex, what if you have 2 of 3 courses, etc.? We found out and were billed that it is a simple £31 credit, so you do not lose out if you have two expensive courses rather than three cheaper ones. Note also that the standard inclusive price only covers about half the dinner options, the remainder MAY cost you extra if you go for the full three courses. Bear this in mind if you are on a cheaper option and beleive that all is sorted before dinner.
Breakfast was another great meal, freshly cooked, tasty and with a great selection.
Should we be in the area we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire