“A Night Away”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed 19 April 2013

After previous visits to the Rookery we decided to go again during Easter week, we arrived around 15:00Hrs and went into the Spa, a very pleasant few hours in the pool and sauna, very clean and the temperature was just right for a Spa pool ( great for lounging about but not good for exercise swimming )

We returned to our room and prepared for dinner, we took the main restaurant room ( not the panelled room ) and had a very good evening meal along with a very good bottle of wine.

Throughout the hotel, the staff were top class, very polite and very helpful.

The room was very clean and the bed was just perfect.

In all our stay was what we wanted and it will not be long until we will go back again.

Room Tip: Old house rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gwyn J, Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

I would like to thank you for taking time to post your comments of your experience at the hotel. It is so rewarding to receive such wonderful feedback. Something that we try our utmost to achieve is that each guest has a memorable stay and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

At last , found a wonderful place to relax, not too far to travel, fab food, splendid spa, breakfast to keep you going all day! Surroundings very pretty, and prices keen. It is my haven! I have spent a lot of my life in hotels, this is the first to feel like home.

Room Tip: The old part looking out at the front is really swish!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue C

I would very much like to thank you for your kind comments about Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa. We are very proud of our hotel and passionately aim offer a fantastic experience for all our guests, and it is very rewarding when guests pass on their feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Very welcoming but could do with an extra person at the front desk as I had to wait to check in and out. I have stayed a number of times in the past and always been pleased. A lovely country house setting and the breakfast is great. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PickyglobetrotterUk

May I take the opportunity of thanking you for your comments in relation to your stay with us here at Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa. It is always very pleasing to receive such positive feedback and your comments will be passed on to the team here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming back again in the near future and your secret is safe with me.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

We were looking for somewhere new to stay for overnight celebrations. The Sunday night offer of dinner (allowance against a la carte) bed and breakfast fit the bill perfectly. We arrived Sunday afternoon and enjoyed tea and scones included in the offer. A relaxing afternoon followed where we could have spent our time in the beautiful spa. However we just chilled out in the lovely room we had been allocated. Dinner in the restaurant was Breakfast was a change from the usual full buffet with hot food cooked to order. The full English was lovely. My first choice from the menu of smoked haddock was disappointingly not available, however a portion of eggs benedict made up for this(apart from the calories). Spent the morning in the Spa recovering.Service from all the staff was without exception exemplary. Will we return? You bet we will!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JayneB1961

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our high standards in the future.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My family stayed at Rookery hall last weekend for my nephews wedding, where we had a fantastic stay. The hotel facilities were the best, very comfy beds, bathroom with multi directional shower also a TV at the end of the bath was fun ( was a big hit with my son) .Nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff, everyone so helpful & pleasent. The Wedding area was lovely especially the open view aspect.at the back of the room.
The food was excellent both for the wedding breakfast as well as restaurant. The family throughly enjoyed the Spa facilities available.
Only down side the drinks are very expensive
would we recommend Rookery Hall - Yes we would

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cluffy184

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor following your recent stay. I was delighted to read your comments with regard to your stay and the service received from the team.

We are very proud of our hotel here, and this is portrayed in the attitude of the staff that work here. We are blessed with a wonderful team of people who do their very best to make our guests stay as memorable as possible.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Came here for a wedding this weekend.
Whilst rookery hall us a very nice hotel, thoroughly modern with nice facilities.
The room television system was defective and well when it came to purchasing drinks I think you could have a night out in Chelsea London for cheaper.
Drinks are hideously expensive for the usual droll brands.
Sure it is an upmarket place, but we are dealing with the Crewe area here (the armpit of Cheshire) not Wilmslow or Alderley edge.

Not impressed overall.

Won't be back here again in a hurry!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor following your recent stay. We do take great pride in our product and service.

I am disappointed you found our bar tariff to be overpriced as one of the features of staying at Rookery Hall is the wide selection of wines we offer by the glass, with prices from £6.00. These are served in elegant surroundings. I am sorry you felt that this experience didn’t offer exceptional value for money for a 4* hotel. As with the wines, we also have a good choice of beers, ales and spirits which vary in price according to the brand chosen.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I booked this hotel as I wanted a weekend 'away from it all'. My husband and I went for an overnight stay without the children and had a fabulous weekend.

The hotel itself is pleasant enough and everywhere was spotless. The service was fantastic - the staff were pleasant but remained professional - without being stuffy and formal.

The room was wonderful - we had a really large, comfy bed and a great night's sleep. The bathroom was nice with multi-directional shower and 'tilevision' TV at the foot of the bath (a novelty, yes, but a nice treat nonetheless). We enjoyed a full English breakfast at the table in our room on the Sunday morning at no extra cost, so were able to laze about in our robes reading the Sunday papers and the sun even accommodated us by streaming in through the windows. We had asked if we could have a room facing out over the countryside so we could enjoy an undisturbed view, which all added to the enjoyment.

We had booked with Secret Escapes so had champagne afternoon tea included in the package and a 3-course meal in the restaurant for the Saturday evening.

Champagne on the terrace in the sunshine was wonderful but I did wonder if the food would be up to scratch. The meal in the restaurant that evening was fabulous and the main course, which was the Chef's signature dish of Cornish lamb, was absolutely superb. We did have to pay a supplement for this dish but it was well worth it.

All in all we had a fabulous weekend and to top it all, although the room and package was pre-paid, we did have extras over the course of the weekend so I was expecting a bill for about £100 the following day. In the end the bill only amounted to £60 so I was very pleased indeed.

There was a slight misunderstanding about the afternoon tea which was my fault, as I had made an assumption, but the bar staff gave me a courtesy glass of prosecco by way of recompense - when it wasn't even their fault!

In addition, when the two kitchen staff brought our breakfast to our room they had forgotten cereal spoons, which never turned up, but considering how busy they must be running breakfasts all over the hotel AT NO EXTRA COST, I was more than happy to overlook this.

As we were away for only one night I was disappointed that check-in wasn't until 3.00 and check-out was at 11.00 - although i appreciate how difficult it must be to turn so many rooms around in such a short time. However, we enjoyed our afternoon champagne whilst waiting to check-in and checked out late anyway, as I hadn't noted the time. I phoned to Reception to apologise straightaway and said we would be as quick as we could and they were very relaxed - no pressure to rush.

Unfortunately, we didn't have time to check out the spa facilities, which we may have done - had we been able to check in earlier or check out later.

I will definitely return to The Rookery and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for countryside view - 2nd or 3rd floor and upgrade to Executive if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your comments following a stay here at Rookery Hall. It is always a real pleasure to read such feedback about staff being friendly and attentive and how we are continuing to improve and evolve something as a team we are passionate about.

I was concerned to read your comments relating to the room service breakfast. Your feedback has been addressed with the Restaurant Manager, who has asked me to offer his personal apologies for the poor set up of your tray.

I will certainly convey your kind words to all the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Gwyn Jones

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!