“Superb stay, would return.”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Sheffield
“Superb stay, would return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Bought this trip through Secret Escapes and was not disappointed. The check in experience was good and the porter carried the bags to our room. The exec room itself (in the annexe) was spacious, comfy and clean. Huge bed which was so comfy. There were nice touches like free mineral water and robes for the spa to use. The bathroom was lovely - the towels were adequate size and fluffy and soft (not like usual hotel towels). There were a few niggles like the heated towel rail not working and the taps were too big for the size of the sink, but nothing major. Would recommend giving guests a smaller soap as the one given is way too much for 1 night and it slides off the sink constantly. Liquid soap may be more eco friendly? The spa experience was lovely. Warm water, sufficient loungers and great facilities in changing room. We didn't dine in the hotel but we ate breakfast here and there was a great selection. Good quality and good service. Efficient check out service and made to feel like everyone cared about our overall experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ECBSheffield
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Hello ECBSheffield,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that from check-in to check-out you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

Apologies that the towel rail was not working during your visit. I have taken on board your feedback about the soap, and I shall be discussing this with the Head Housekeeper.

I’m glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the Health Club & Spa and that you had a lovely experience.

Come and visit again soon.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed here several times and each time had a different experience! This stay was great with no problems. Previously have experienced issues with things in the room not working (bathroom tv, toilet flush, bedroom tv), specific requests for 'back' room as opposed to room over looking the courtyard and also the food - especially lunch. The management are quite unresponsive to 'feedback' via the online feedback enquiry service - I was assured that my record would be updated to take note of my preferences, then the following stay - all was completely ignored. Evening meals tend to be better although portion sizes are tiny and I think the food is expensive for what it is; depending on what you order - the food can tend to be quite oily as well. Lunch food is typically not good - I've had a terrible club sandwich, a burger you wouldn't sole your shoes with and salmon of a portion size that you'd put on a cocktail stick and call a appetizer. The best lunch I've had is the chicken caesar salad. Breakfast is excellent with plenty of choice - but the service tends to be slow. The rooms are great if everything is working properly - spacious with big beds and lovely bathrooms. You can lie in the bath and watch telly (if it works...). The spa is nice and the gym is cool and well equipped. Tratments in the spa are expensive for the quality - I wouldn't recommend them.

Room Tip: facing the back of the hotel - the couryard can be noisy especially when people are dragging cases a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Susojan
Dear Susojan

Thank you very much for your feedback following a recent stay at Rookery and whilst I was delighted to read your comments on this occasion I was disappointed that previous stays were not at the same standard.

The online feedback questionnaires are all read by myself and so was sorry to read that I hadn’t listened to prior information you provided, the system was down for quite a few weeks and so I may not have received it, I do apologise,

We were delighted to hear that you enjoy the rooms and TVs in the bath as well as our super breakfast offering and the Spa,

Please could you contact me at sfearnley@handpicked.co.uk or on telephone number 01270 615601 so I can ensure all your future stays are seamless and most enjoyable,

Very Best Regards

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great room in one of the newer annexes, lovely huge bed, which was lovely and comfy, most amazing shower, not entirely user friendly, but great once I got the hang of it, clean room, apart from the Bedside lamp which was furry, why do cleaners forget these ??Nice meal in the restaurant, staff really courteous and friendly. Spa experience really good, nice massage. Would recommend for a short break

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank karmabuddha
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello karmabuddha,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, and also thank you for taking the time to share with others your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read your overall comments regarding your break, and pleased that you enjoyed your bedroom. The executive bedrooms most certainly are a favourite amongst many of our guests, especially with the added luxury of being able to relax in the bath watching your favourite programme on the ‘tilevision’ televisions.
The multi experience showers in the bathrooms are also a favourite in these rooms, I’m glad you got the hang of using it.

I have spoken to our Head Housekeeper regarding your feedback on the bedside lamp, and she sends her personal apologies to you.

Thank you again for your review, and for your recommendation to those considering a break.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Rookery Hall is situated in the quiet Cheshire countryside, not too far off the M6 if you need an overnight break driving north or south.
Our room was spacious comfortable and quiet - the concurrent wedding celebrations did not disturb us.
The food in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast was excellent. Nearly all the staff were friendly and efficient, especially the porter and the senior housekeeper.
Two minor problems: I booked a twin room but we got a double which couldn't be changed because they were fully booked. Secondly, we ordered a newspaper which did not arrive; on enquiring at reception, I got a rather off-hand response - "not my fault , it must have been stolen".
Overall however, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M E
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Hello M E,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

We are very lucky to be situated in 38 acres of the Cheshire countryside. It definitely sets the scene as a perfect location to relax and unwind.

As you mention the location of the hotel, with only being 15 minutes away from the M6 it does make for the ideal place to break up the long car journeys that guests sometimes have. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also only a short drive away.

Thank you for your comments about the food, we are very proud of our two rosette restaurant, and the kitchen team take great pride in the locally sourced food they produce.

I am however disappointed to read about the minor problems you encountered during this visit. Please accept my sincere apologies that your request for a twin room was not accommodated.
I was very disappointed to read that a member of the reception team responded in this manner and for this I apology. I have discussed this review with the Front Office Manager who also sends her personal apologies to you, and will be speaking to the team.

I hope this doesn’t deter you from staying in the future, as I hope to welcome you back.

Thank you again for your review.

Best wishes,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed late October 2013 booked on Secret Escapes. Spa was the best we'd been to with an amazing hydrotherapy pool and relaxation room. Treatments were excellent. The best part was the service in the restaurant in the hall- very attentive and accommodating. My wife had a wheat allergy and was catered for very well with a very clearly labelled menu and knowledgeable staff. We will no doubt be back.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank AshleyDunn
Hello AshleyDunn,

Thank you for your review of the Hotel & Spa following your recent visit.

I’m glad you had the opportunity to experience the Health Club & Spa facilities. This is a very favourite retreat amongst many of our leisure guests, who use the gym, or to have a swim in the 18 metre length pool. The hydrotherapy pool is definitely a must for our adult guests. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your treatments too. It sounds like you definitely relaxed during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experience, I was delighted to read that the team looked after you so well. They will all be very happy to receive your comments. We do endeavour to cater for guests with special dietary requirements so I was pleased to read that you found the menu to be very clear.

I hope you decide to visit us again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here last month. The staff are excellent and always ready to help you. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast choice was outstanding - including hot waffles! We were
particularly impressed with the wide range of local produce used in the kitchen for our meals.
There are plenty of things to do within a twenty mile radius - you could spend a fortnight there.
We will definitely stay there again and happily recommend the Hotel for a personal/business stay.

Room Tip: Speak to the staff who will describe the rooms which are available. Ours looked out over rolling fi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick H
Hello Patrick H,

Thank you for your review following your visit to the hotel last month.

“Hotel luxury in Cheshire” this is a wonderful heading to your review – thank you.

I do agree that the breakfast choice is outstanding, especially with our choice of a cold buffet selection to start, then a hot breakfast, cooked to order served to your table. This is an excellent way to start your day and is a meal not to be missed when staying at any Hand Picked hotel. The hot waffles are a personal favourite of mine, I’m glad you enjoyed them.

Thank you again for your review and your personal recommendation to others.

The comfortable bed you slept in looks forward to welcoming you back, as do the team and I.

Mold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My partner and I visited Rookery Hall on an Elegant Escape offer. The staff were excellent - very welcoming and friendly whilst also being professional. The hotel is gorgeous and the deluxe room we stayed in was lovely and spotless. The meal was also excellent. We will definitely be returning for another stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marie B
Hello Marie B,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent visit to the hotel.

We are very lucky to have such excellent team members who are attentive and natural in their approach. I was so pleased to read that you felt so welcomed by the team. We do try our very best to create a home from home experience.

Thank you also for your lovely words about your room allocation and evening meal.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,014 reviews
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!