“Great getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
“Great getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at rookery hall for one night with my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday! We had a spa treatment on the first day and then in the evening had a 3 course meal in the restaurant! I upgraded to the a la carte menu and I ha w to say the food was superb! The spa was also brilliant and ran very smoothly!
We stayed in the November room which was lovely! All in all a great place to stay! It is a little expensive and I couldn't afford to stay here every month but as a special treat it is well worth the money!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mattshannon
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Hello Mattshannon,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel.
It is always very pleasing to read such positive feedback and I thank you for taking the time to write.

The Spa shouldn’t be missed if you are staying at the hotel. The spa was awarded the prestigious five bubble award by the good spa guide and has also won the title of ‘Residential Spa Of The Year’ at the 2013 Professional Beauty Awards.

The November room is lovely I do agree, especially with the stunning views of the Cheshire countryside.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just had a girls' weekend at the Rookery and it was fantastic! From check in (thank you Brian for your very kind attention and for arranging our Saturday night out) to check out, this hotel got it right. The food in the restaurant - both evening meal and breakfast - was exceptional. Wine was very expensive! Our rooms were lovely. I was in room 23, a huge room with loads of wardrobe and drawer space, robes, tea and coffee making facilities, large TV etc, and a very comfortable big bed. The bathroom was also large, with a separate shower and deep roll top bath. The spa and pool is in a separate building just a minute's walk from the main hotel. It was brilliant, everyone was so helpful and friendly. Food in the spa not quite as good as in the main hotel and again the wine is very expensive. The hotel itself was all dressed up for Christmas and looked absolutely beautiful. We had a brilliant weekend and will visit again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hello curlycat,

Thank you so much for your review following your recent girls’ weekend.

There is no end to Brian’s talents, I’m delighted that he looked after you so well and arranged your Saturday night out.

Exceptional evening meal and breakfast - I will be sure to share your comments with the Chef’s who will be pleased to receive this feedback.

I am sorry that you found our wine to be expensive, as one of the features of staying at Rookery Hall is the wide selection of wines we offer, with prices starting from £6.00 by the glass.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your spa experience and that the team looked after you so well.

Again thank you for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My self and my husband stayed here in November to celebrate my birthday and our twenty third wedding anniversary. We booked the classic package through Hand Picked Hotel group. We had a three course meal in the restaurant. When we were shown to our table by a lovely helpful lady, I was surprised to find a hand written card to congratulate us on our anniversary from all the kitchen staff, what a lovely thought, it made our meal very special indeed.By the way the food was outstanding. The whole experience for the two nights we were there were fantastic, the staff are very friendly, the hotel is was spotless and very comfortable indeed. I would like to recommend the hotel to all my family and friends and I cant wait till I visit again. Thank you once again for such an enjoyable stay

Room Tip: Choose any they are all fabulous!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dawn3519
Hello dawn3519,

Happy belated Birthday to you, and congratulations on your twenty third wedding anniversary. A double celebration that I am delighted you enjoyed.

The two AA Rosettes restaurant at the hotel creates a special atmosphere in which to enjoy your dining experience. Our Chef’s are passionate about their menu and use only the very best produce available. Where possible, ingredients are sourced locally.
They are also very good at delighting our guests with little special touches as you experienced with your card.
I do agree that the food is outstanding.

Thank you for your kind words about the team and the hotel. Thank you also for your recommendation to others.

We can’t wait for you to visit again.

Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Bought this trip through Secret Escapes and was not disappointed. The check in experience was good and the porter carried the bags to our room. The exec room itself (in the annexe) was spacious, comfy and clean. Huge bed which was so comfy. There were nice touches like free mineral water and robes for the spa to use. The bathroom was lovely - the towels were adequate size and fluffy and soft (not like usual hotel towels). There were a few niggles like the heated towel rail not working and the taps were too big for the size of the sink, but nothing major. Would recommend giving guests a smaller soap as the one given is way too much for 1 night and it slides off the sink constantly. Liquid soap may be more eco friendly? The spa experience was lovely. Warm water, sufficient loungers and great facilities in changing room. We didn't dine in the hotel but we ate breakfast here and there was a great selection. Good quality and good service. Efficient check out service and made to feel like everyone cared about our overall experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ECBSheffield
Hello ECBSheffield,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that from check-in to check-out you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

Apologies that the towel rail was not working during your visit. I have taken on board your feedback about the soap, and I shall be discussing this with the Head Housekeeper.

I’m glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the Health Club & Spa and that you had a lovely experience.

Come and visit again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed here several times and each time had a different experience! This stay was great with no problems. Previously have experienced issues with things in the room not working (bathroom tv, toilet flush, bedroom tv), specific requests for 'back' room as opposed to room over looking the courtyard and also the food - especially lunch. The management are quite unresponsive to 'feedback' via the online feedback enquiry service - I was assured that my record would be updated to take note of my preferences, then the following stay - all was completely ignored. Evening meals tend to be better although portion sizes are tiny and I think the food is expensive for what it is; depending on what you order - the food can tend to be quite oily as well. Lunch food is typically not good - I've had a terrible club sandwich, a burger you wouldn't sole your shoes with and salmon of a portion size that you'd put on a cocktail stick and call a appetizer. The best lunch I've had is the chicken caesar salad. Breakfast is excellent with plenty of choice - but the service tends to be slow. The rooms are great if everything is working properly - spacious with big beds and lovely bathrooms. You can lie in the bath and watch telly (if it works...). The spa is nice and the gym is cool and well equipped. Tratments in the spa are expensive for the quality - I wouldn't recommend them.

Room Tip: facing the back of the hotel - the couryard can be noisy especially when people are dragging cases a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Susojan
Dear Susojan

Thank you very much for your feedback following a recent stay at Rookery and whilst I was delighted to read your comments on this occasion I was disappointed that previous stays were not at the same standard.

The online feedback questionnaires are all read by myself and so was sorry to read that I hadn’t listened to prior information you provided, the system was down for quite a few weeks and so I may not have received it, I do apologise,

We were delighted to hear that you enjoy the rooms and TVs in the bath as well as our super breakfast offering and the Spa,

Please could you contact me at sfearnley@handpicked.co.uk or on telephone number 01270 615601 so I can ensure all your future stays are seamless and most enjoyable,

Very Best Regards

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Had a great room in one of the newer annexes, lovely huge bed, which was lovely and comfy, most amazing shower, not entirely user friendly, but great once I got the hang of it, clean room, apart from the Bedside lamp which was furry, why do cleaners forget these ??Nice meal in the restaurant, staff really courteous and friendly. Spa experience really good, nice massage. Would recommend for a short break

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank karmabuddha
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello karmabuddha,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, and also thank you for taking the time to share with others your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read your overall comments regarding your break, and pleased that you enjoyed your bedroom. The executive bedrooms most certainly are a favourite amongst many of our guests, especially with the added luxury of being able to relax in the bath watching your favourite programme on the ‘tilevision’ televisions.
The multi experience showers in the bathrooms are also a favourite in these rooms, I’m glad you got the hang of using it.

I have spoken to our Head Housekeeper regarding your feedback on the bedside lamp, and she sends her personal apologies to you.

Thank you again for your review, and for your recommendation to those considering a break.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Rookery Hall is situated in the quiet Cheshire countryside, not too far off the M6 if you need an overnight break driving north or south.
Our room was spacious comfortable and quiet - the concurrent wedding celebrations did not disturb us.
The food in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast was excellent. Nearly all the staff were friendly and efficient, especially the porter and the senior housekeeper.
Two minor problems: I booked a twin room but we got a double which couldn't be changed because they were fully booked. Secondly, we ordered a newspaper which did not arrive; on enquiring at reception, I got a rather off-hand response - "not my fault , it must have been stolen".
Overall however, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M E
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Hello M E,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

We are very lucky to be situated in 38 acres of the Cheshire countryside. It definitely sets the scene as a perfect location to relax and unwind.

As you mention the location of the hotel, with only being 15 minutes away from the M6 it does make for the ideal place to break up the long car journeys that guests sometimes have. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also only a short drive away.

Thank you for your comments about the food, we are very proud of our two rosette restaurant, and the kitchen team take great pride in the locally sourced food they produce.

I am however disappointed to read about the minor problems you encountered during this visit. Please accept my sincere apologies that your request for a twin room was not accommodated.
I was very disappointed to read that a member of the reception team responded in this manner and for this I apology. I have discussed this review with the Front Office Manager who also sends her personal apologies to you, and will be speaking to the team.

I hope this doesn’t deter you from staying in the future, as I hope to welcome you back.

Thank you again for your review.

Best wishes,

Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,973 reviews
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 45 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!