“Excellent stay & Xmas party again!”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Outstanding from check in through to checkout.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfy. Xmas party was excellent with the food being hot and tasty!
The service is excellent and staff are very attentive and always happy to ask you how you are enjoying your stay.
I have stayed here numerous times and I would say it is the best hotel in the group.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheshirelass01
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Hello Cheshirelass01,

“Outstanding from check in through to check out” What a great opening to your review. To also describe us as being the best hotel in the group is extremely complimentary - thank you.

Thank you for your review, and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa. It really is lovely to welcome familiar faces back to the hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was my 4th Christmas at the hotel. It was fabulous as usual. I take my elderly mother with me & the staff are so helpful with her. She loves it. The staff are all so friendly & nothing is too much trouble. The spacious bedrooms are spotlessly clean & the beds are very comfortable. The food served in the dining room is delicious & beautifully served. There is a great Spa & fitness centre for those looking to keep fit. The hotel has lovely grounds for walking & is ideally placed for visits to Nantwich & the surrounding villages. I would highly recommend this hotel for any occasion.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello Angela R,

It was lovely to have welcomed yourself and your Mother back for Christmas 2013.

Your very kind words are very much appreciated, and I would also like to personally Thank You for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa as your chosen venue to celebrate Christmas.

Thank you for your comments regarding the food. The Head Chef would also like to personally thank you.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Christmas stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back this year.

Very Best Wishes to you and your Mother for 2014.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Having stayed earlier in the year we decided to visit rookery hall a second time, we used it as a base to visit local towns and halls as well as final Christmas shopping,
The hotel staff are extremely attentive,pleasant and considerate making the stay very relaxed and welcoming , we returned from a day out and was heading to the bar for a drink when a member of staff showed us to a seat , took our order and then took our out door jackets to our room .
The food and especially breakfast is faultless
An excellent weekend break , we will return and would recommend to anyone considering this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for the old building away from the wedding guests at weekends as we slept with windows and could...
1  Thank andrew s

Hello andrew s,

Welcome back to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, and thank you for your lovely review following your return visit and also your recommendation to others.

We are very lucky to have such attentive and pleasant team members here at the Hotel and Spa, as one thing we set out to do is give all our guests a home from home experience in which you can relax. The extra touches such as taking your coat to your room so that you can have a well deserved sit down and drink after a day out, is only a little thing but something that shows the consideration that the team have towards our guests.

Thank you also for your kind words about the food and the breakfast.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Just returned from a Sunday night spa package as a post-Christmas treat. Overall it was very good and possibly the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. A couple of adjustments would have made it perfect. I would give it a 9.5 out of 10.

The Sunday night package means you can turn up from 9am to use the spa facilities. We arrived at midday and got a good introduction to the facilities complete with a walkthrough tour and personalised information booklet - which was great as I'm always impressed when a service seems so organised. We had a light lunch in the spa cafe area then tried out the swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool (my partner's favourite!), crystal steam room and sauna, all of which were very nice.

There didn't seem to be any separate changing cubicles so that might be one to note for the bashful. The service at the spa was good and very polite, and it was great not to feel as if we were on an 'assembly line', but sometimes I felt as if the staff could be a little more warm in their approach. I asked if it would be possible to get a dry robe (since we'd been told we could get fresh ones when we wanted, though this might have related to towels only) and I was told there usually aren't any left but one of the therapists found one for me anyway. The therapies I had as part of the package (two mini-treatments: a back massage and facial) were good and the scalp massage was amazing! The facial didn't leave my skin as glowing and clear afterwards as other facials have but it's definitely a little softer.

One thing to note especially about the spa is the lovely Amber Room where you wait (with free fruit and herbal teas/cordial) before your treatment, and the Relaxation Room with beds which is a lovely addition, and much preferable to other top-quality spas that I have been to.

Check-in at 3pm was a delight and demonstrated the outstanding personal service which is offered at Rookery Hall. Special thanks to the lady at Reception, Gemma, who made us feel very welcome and showed us to our room. Other reviews have pointed out that a downside to this hotel is that some of the rooms (in the newer annexe) are in a separate building next door so you have to go outside when you want to go back to the Restaurant/Reception. The room we had (a Double Deluxe Executive - think it's the best kind of double room) was amazing and special features such as the free use of coffee machine and tilevision in the bathroom made up for the inconvenience of being in a separate hotel wing. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable.

Dinner was a highlight - we received the best service we have ever known (and we eat out regularly) and it was good that we could easily choose from the main a la carte menu as well as the menu which was part of the package deal. The pigeon, duck, chicken and complementary soup starter were all amazing and any additional prices we felt were very reasonably priced for the quality. The bar area for pre-drinks was an absolute delight and we enjoyed the Christmas decorations and log fire especially. The atmosphere in the dining room has been commented in previous reviews as lacking and I can kind of see what these reviewers mean - while it is a lovely space for a romantic dinner in a historical setting, the music is very subdued, the lighting very low and some diners may prefer a more lively atmosphere (as I would usually!).

Finally breakfast the next day was delicious and could not be improved upon in my opinion. The choice was extensive and again, I cannot fault the food. I tried some great food which I have never had before, such as pineapple jam!

Many thanks to all the staff at Rookery Hall who made our stay so very enjoyable.

Room Tip: The Executive Deluxe Doubles are in the newer wing which means going outside to access the facilitie...
1  Thank Hannahhamish

Hello Hannahhamish,

Thank you for your review following your recent spa break with ourselves.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and that overall your expectations had been met.

The Health Club & Spa is a lovely place to relax and unwinde. I’m glad you had the opportunity to enjoy them, and that you also enjoyed your treatments.
You’re most definitely right the Amber lounge and the Relaxation room are a lovely experience in themselves in the Spa.

I have discussed your feedback with the Health Club & Spa Manager regarding your comments about the facial you received. Without knowing the facial you were booked in for, we are unable to give specifics on what benefits to expect for that individual treatment, so for this I apologise. Also I have discussed the manner in which your request for a new robe was handled and we would like to thank you for your feedback and apologise.
I am however pleased, that this didn’t spoil your overall experience.

Fine dining is at the heart of the Rookery Hall experience, and the fact that you describe your dining experience as a highlight is very rewarding indeed, and one which the Chef’s, Restaurant team and I were delighted to receive.

Thank you for your recognition to the team here at the hotel, and in particular Gemma who you have personally named. She most definitely is a wonderful Ambassador of Rookery Hall and is very welcoming in her approach.

Again, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your review, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Big decision to have your first Christmas Break away from home, no disappointment, Rookery Hall and ALL the staff lived up to our expectations, we had a wonderful time, the family popped in to see us and no washing up, Well done Rookery Hall, I almost forgot I am in a wheelchair!!

Room Tip: We had 23 which even with my wheelchair worked well, close to the lift, great link between the room...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hello Mike C,

Thank you for your review after your Christmas 2013 break. More importantly Thank You for coming to stay with us.

It is a big decision, I do agree deciding whether to go away for Christmas, I’m just so very delighted that your expectations were met.
That’s wonderful that your family came to visit also, and very true, great not having to worry about the washing up!

With regards to you being in a wheelchair, I'd like to take this opportunity to advise other guests who read Trip Advisor that the hotel does have excellent accessible facilities, including room types, car parking, and the leisure facilities also. So thank you for mentioning this.

All the very best to you both, and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back during 2014.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Rookery Hall on two occasions in recent months, in the old wing and the modern section, and find the whole experience most enjoyable. The rooms are spacious, the fixtures and fittings are of a high quality and you get a good night's sleep in sumptuous beds. But the key to the Rookery's success must in large part be down to their friendly staff. They are all so helpful and make guests feel welcome as soon as they set foot on the premises. Throw in the fact that the Rookery nestles in fabulous grounds in a delightful area of Cheshire close to the lovely town of Nantwich and you have the makings of a great stay. Try it

1  Thank David H

Hello David H,

What a wonderful review to receive, and thank you for sharing with others. Also welcome back to you both.
One of the main reasons that guests return to our hotel is down to the team members, so thank you for the recognition you have given to them all.

Your review really was a delight to read, so thank you again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

As someone who is working in the same industry (4 red star, rosette restaurant, spa and hotel) I had high expectation about this place which I'm disappointed . Reading all the good reviews from here I was actually looking forward to staying. Don't get me wrong, the place is beautiful, set in a nice quiet location that isn't too hard to find. Staff are all friendly and nice. The whole place is beautifully decorated, not over done. Didn't get a chance to try the spa treatments or any of the facilities, but I've heard they are superb.

Just a few things that really didn't went too well. First was checking in, our booking wasn't in the system when we arrived during the night (both my partner and I were working during the day) and by the time the receptionist has sorted the problem (30 minutes wait, she did offer us something to drink) it was already 9.45pm, so we were hoping to go to our room and order room service, only to be told that they have stopped serving hot food at 10pm when we were ordering at 9.45pm! So we told the guy on the phone that we will call back when we decided what sandwich we will have instead. We called 4 times and no one answered the phone. We let it ring till the end, but no one was around to answer it. When we did get through and we ordered our food, we had a nice young lady, who was very helpful.

The bed was very comfortable and we even ordered a DVD to watch. Next morning though, my partner and I were both still in bed when housekeeping tried going inside our room, without knocking, thank god we had the latch on the door. When it didn't open, they just close the door without apologising. Rude!

Breakfast was good, plenty of options, orange juice on the table was a good touch, our hot food didn't took long and all staff seems to care how things are going with our breakfast, which I really enjoy, so thumbs up.

I would come back to rookery hall and I would recommend this place as it is beautiful and small minor things can be changed. Hopefully, next time I will get the chance to try the facilities is the spa and maybe get a treatment myself.

• Stayed: December 2013

Hello Vcee18,

Thank you for coming to stay with us, and thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your visit.

We always value feedback from our guests that come to stay with us, and I can only apologise that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations on this visit, and secondly that we didn’t have the opportunity to discuss and rectify these with you prior to your departure.

The issues that you have raised in your review are of a concern to me, so please be assured that on receipt of your review I have spoken with the relevant team members.

Thank you for your kind words regarding your breakfast experience, it is definitely a great start to the day, especially with the wide selection of cold buffet items, followed by a traditional cooked breakfast served to your table, it, most certainly is the highlight of any stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future where I hope you will get the opportunity to experience our Five bubble Spa and the Health Club facilities.

Please contact the Duty Manager, Jess Fletcher - jfletcher@handpicked.co.uk when you are looking to return and she will coordinate your reservation personally for you.

Stephen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 45 in Chester
De Vere Cranage Estate
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!