An impressive building with lovely grounds, we were warmly greeted and shown to our room by an enthusiastic concierge. This is quite rare in my experience. The room was spacious and had all the details you could want including robes. Our bathroom had a slipper bath and separate shower , good and powerful. However the step down from the shower was quite a way and there was nothing to steady yourself with.
The tea tray tucked away under the television had to be lifted out to use so it seemed pointless putting it in such an awkward spot! The selection was good though and so were the cookies!
From here things went less than perfectly...
Having booked a rate including dinner we were given menus in the bar but orders taken at the table- odd. You would think then that they could remember who ordered what- but no. Worse it seemed at every course at least 1 of our party of 8 had to wait for their food whilst the others had a choice to let theirs go cold or start. 2 of us ordered the sorbet which should have been served between starter and main but arrived before the starter.
The bill was a mess with specific instructions re drinks to be charged to certain rooms ignored. All of this is a shame because the food was good. Only criticism being that we could have been offered sides of vegetables or something the portions area quite small.
Breakfast quality was very good but again service was poor. Tea/ coffee took an age to come and plates weren't cleared. To be fair it seemed to be more of training issue that anything else and staff were again pleasant.
In short sort out you service to earn the 5* you should have!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire