This was a surprise trip from my then boyfriend (now fiance) as a getaway from the stress of university study and as an early birthday present. Upon arrival I was blown away by the gorgeous grounds and could feel myself instantly relaxing. We were greeted warmly by the receptionist and shown to our room by a very helpful man who carried our bags.
The room was above my expectations - cosy, excellent quality decor and very clean! Upon testing the bed I felt like I was sinking into pure softness - needless to say I slept very very well that night.
The bathroom was exquisite and I didn't want to leave - the bath was a treat especially with the TV installed on the wall - a lovely touch.
Although drinks were late at dinner, the waitresses were friendly and made us feel very welcome. Our food was tasty - I had the steak and my partner had the chicken which were cooked very well. Breakfast was also enjoyable and the dining area was a pleasant place to eat with lovely views out onto the grounds.
I had a spa treatment and we spent an afternoon in the pool which was enjoyable. Our overall stay was one of delight and we certainly hope to be back here again; we have even recommended to all our friends and family.
Thank you Rookery Hall for setting the scene for my engagement weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire