“Very serene place”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went up to Crewe from a 4 days stay in London on the train and then headed to the Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa and what a surprise!! Beautiful grounds with open views as far as the eyes could see. The hotel is absolutely beautiful in mixing the old and the new. Excellent staff and beautiful rooms. It was a nice change from the fast pace of London and was truly relaxing in every way. The spa was beautiful and they do run daily specials. Even with the bit of rain we had, I could not have asked for a better stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing. The bath tubs are larger and the rooms have more amenities. The tu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello Breebarb1,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent visit.

As the Hotel & Spa are set in beautiful grounds it really does set the scene for a relaxing break. The views across the Cheshire countryside are picturesque.

Thank you for your kind words regarding all aspects of your visit especially the team and the rooms.

I was also delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Health Club & Spa facilities, perfect place to enjoy further relaxation.

We are lucky that the hotel is only a short drive away from Crewe station which enables an easy connection from London especially on the fast train.

I’m pleased to read that the rain did not put a dampener on your visit.

Thank you again for your review, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was a surprise trip from my then boyfriend (now fiance) as a getaway from the stress of university study and as an early birthday present. Upon arrival I was blown away by the gorgeous grounds and could feel myself instantly relaxing. We were greeted warmly by the receptionist and shown to our room by a very helpful man who carried our bags.

The room was above my expectations - cosy, excellent quality decor and very clean! Upon testing the bed I felt like I was sinking into pure softness - needless to say I slept very very well that night.
The bathroom was exquisite and I didn't want to leave - the bath was a treat especially with the TV installed on the wall - a lovely touch.

Although drinks were late at dinner, the waitresses were friendly and made us feel very welcome. Our food was tasty - I had the steak and my partner had the chicken which were cooked very well. Breakfast was also enjoyable and the dining area was a pleasant place to eat with lovely views out onto the grounds.

I had a spa treatment and we spent an afternoon in the pool which was enjoyable. Our overall stay was one of delight and we certainly hope to be back here again; we have even recommended to all our friends and family.

Thank you Rookery Hall for setting the scene for my engagement weekend!

1  Thank Dee F
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello Dee F

Thank you for your lovely review following your break from reality.
Secondly congratulations from the team and I on your engagement, we are delighted to have been part of setting the scene for a very special occasion.

I really enjoyed reading your review as this is exactly the experience we want our guests to have when they come and stay.

Apologies, that there was a delay with your drinks at dinner. I’m pleased you enjoyed your meals.

It’s great to read that whilst with us you had the opportunity to enjoy a treatment and spend time in our Health Club & Spa. Perfect way to, escape the stresses of your studies.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the team members, I will be sure to share your review with all.

Thank you for your recommendation to others and I note that this was also an early birthday present, so Happy Birthday from us all.

All the very best wishes with your studies and wedding plans when they begin. I can highly recommend Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa as a perfect wedding venue...

Thank you again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A great place for a Spa break. Very relaxing, everything was well organised and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The spa package we had included lunch, dinner and breakfast all of which were lovely, however any cost outside of the package was quite pricey. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and the whole experience was really enjoyable.

2  Thank Katie M

Hello Katie M,

Thank you for reviewing your Spa Break on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic time and that you didn’t have to worry about a thing. This is exactly how you should feel so that you can truly relax and unwind and enjoy your stay.

I’m really pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your experience and that the team were friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Had our daughters wedding here and I can honestly say that is was the BEST wedding I have ever attended! The venue, food, service etc was perfect. The balance of professionalism and the personal touch was without doubt exactly right. Nothing was too much trouble. A big thanks to Jordan who helped organise the perfect day but a wonderful vote of thanks to Jayne who was absolutely amazing and to Will for making me giggle! I just can not thank the staff enough. You all made our daughter Francesca's wedding to Damian perfect in every way.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Bev157
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Congratulations Bev157 on your daughter’s wedding day.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host a very special day for you, which I’m thrilled to read was Perfect, perfect just perfect. Excellent title to head your review.

Weddings are such a big event and as we only host one wedding per day it truly does mean that it is the Bride & Groom’s special day.

I really enjoyed reading your comments regarding the venue, food and service.

We are very lucky to have such a great team of people working at the hotel who love what they do and this has clearly shone through in the build up to the wedding and the day itself.
I will be sure to share your review with all, especially those that you have personally mentioned. They will all love reading your review and your appreciation you have given to them.

All the very best wishes to Francesca and Damian and to yourself too.

I hope to welcome you all back in the future.

Thank you again for your wonderful review.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

An impressive building with lovely grounds, we were warmly greeted and shown to our room by an enthusiastic concierge. This is quite rare in my experience. The room was spacious and had all the details you could want including robes. Our bathroom had a slipper bath and separate shower , good and powerful. However the step down from the shower was quite a way and there was nothing to steady yourself with.
The tea tray tucked away under the television had to be lifted out to use so it seemed pointless putting it in such an awkward spot! The selection was good though and so were the cookies!
From here things went less than perfectly...
Having booked a rate including dinner we were given menus in the bar but orders taken at the table- odd. You would think then that they could remember who ordered what- but no. Worse it seemed at every course at least 1 of our party of 8 had to wait for their food whilst the others had a choice to let theirs go cold or start. 2 of us ordered the sorbet which should have been served between starter and main but arrived before the starter.
The bill was a mess with specific instructions re drinks to be charged to certain rooms ignored. All of this is a shame because the food was good. Only criticism being that we could have been offered sides of vegetables or something the portions area quite small.
Breakfast quality was very good but again service was poor. Tea/ coffee took an age to come and plates weren't cleared. To be fair it seemed to be more of training issue that anything else and staff were again pleasant.
In short sort out you service to earn the 5* you should have!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello cel_longridge,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the building and our grounds, I do agree that it is a very impressive building and the grounds are lovely. I couldn’t wish for a better setting for a place of work.

I was delighted that the Concierge that was on duty on arrival was enthusiastic in his welcome and gave you a warm greeting.

I’ve noted your feedback regarding the bathroom step and also your feedback regarding the tea tray so thank you for this. Glad you enjoyed the cookies.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your dining experiences both at dinner and breakfast the following morning. There certainly appears to have been some disorganisation and communication and for this I apologise. Please pass on my apologies to the other members of your party.

We have recently welcomed on board a new Restaurant Manager, so please be assured that your comments will be shared with him and his team.
It is absolutely vital that we surpass our guest expectations and in doing so we must always take on board feedback received from our guests. So thank you for taking the time to post your review which has informed me of your experience.

I do hope that these issues did not detract from the enjoyment of your overall stay with us and that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you again for your review and for coming to stay with us.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Birthday surprise my wife and I visited midweek bed breakfast and evening meal. The welcome was one of the best experiences at any hot.el Europe over, they were attentive, relaxed and sold the hotel for us. The room was lovely, large clean and comfortable with lovely garden views. The spa was clean fully functional and again relaxed sharing with members of the public. The food was what it said on the tin, 3 rosette quality. As it was my birthday they sat us for both dinner and breakfast in great seats private and romantic. It is definitely a hotel we will return to. Thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the original part of the hall
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul D
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Hello Paul D,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent birthday surprise stay and Happy Birthday to you.

The welcome you receive at any hotel is really, very important and sets the scene for the duration of your stay. I really enjoyed reading your comments about how attentive the team were and will be sharing your review with them.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your room. Views of the garden are a lovely setting to wake up to.
Equally I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our Health Club & Spa facilities. Perfect place to relax and unwind.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience and that you were looked after so well during dinner and breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for coming to stay with us.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I were able to have a discounted 3 night break, via secret escapes, in this hotel, for a double executive room plus breakfast. Knowing the type of hotel should have warned us that prices for food and drink would be high, but really they were more than that. There was nothing wrong with the one meal that we had on our first evening in the bar, but for the price it was not up to that standard.
I had pre-booked a massage and manicure at the spa, and although there was nothing wrong with any of my treatments, I was somehow disappointed. There does not seem to be much "pizzazz" about the whole place that I would expect in a hotel of this standing.
On the other hand the staff, from cleaners to receptionists, were faultless. They were warm, welcoming and friendly! The breakfasts were superb, with plenty of choice in both cold buffet, and cooked meals, and locally sourced wherever possible, which in my book is excellent.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Barbara R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review.

I’m delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your three night break and that all the team members you encountered were faultless, welcoming and friendly. They were all really please to read your review.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise that the standard of your bar meal was not up to the standard that you would have expected and despite nothing being wrong with the treatments you had, I would like to apologise that you felt disappointed.
It is a shame that we didn’t get the opportunity to discuss these points with you prior to your departure in more detail.

Breakfast at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa is a wonderful way to start the day so I’m glad you enjoyed this experience.

Thank you again for your review. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Stephen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 45 in Chester
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!