“Perfect”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
“Perfect”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Spent 3 days at Rookery Hall and I can say that it was 'perfect'. From the food to the spa to the room we had no complaints at all. All of the staff were helpful and friendly and it was a great place to spend my birthday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello Debla61,

Thank you for your “Perfect” review following your three day stay with us.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding all aspects of your visit. Even more special to read was that it was a birthday celebration, so Happy Birthday to you.

Come and visit us again soon.

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Farnborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Really enjoyed my time here as the facilities are great especially the spa which has lots of facilities. Tiny issue being that if you choose to eat in the bar when it's busy you may have to compromise by sitting at the bar or waiting a long time. The restaurant do a great menu but you do need to book.

Thoroughly recommend those as the rooms are delightful ensuring a super sleep.

Room Tip: It's a walk outside to the spa but you can borrow a brolly from the lovely people at the desk
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello Ian R,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, especially your time spent in the spa. It is fabulous place to enjoy ‘me’ time.

I’m sorry that you had an issue with dining in our bar area and finding a table, but was pleased to note that this did not deter from your overall enjoyment of your visit.
The fine dining restaurant is very favourable amongst our guests so as you mention in your review it is advisable to book ahead of arrival.

Thank you for your recommendation, and I’m glad you had a super sleep.

If you do come and visit us again, which I hope you do and if are, wanting to dine in the bar area, please contact our Restaurant Manager Matt ahead of your arrival - mshannon@handpicked.co.uk and he will reserve a table for you.

Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went up to Crewe from a 4 days stay in London on the train and then headed to the Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa and what a surprise!! Beautiful grounds with open views as far as the eyes could see. The hotel is absolutely beautiful in mixing the old and the new. Excellent staff and beautiful rooms. It was a nice change from the fast pace of London and was truly relaxing in every way. The spa was beautiful and they do run daily specials. Even with the bit of rain we had, I could not have asked for a better stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new wing. The bath tubs are larger and the rooms have more amenities. The tu...
Hello Breebarb1,

Thank you for your lovely review following your recent visit.

As the Hotel & Spa are set in beautiful grounds it really does set the scene for a relaxing break. The views across the Cheshire countryside are picturesque.

Thank you for your kind words regarding all aspects of your visit especially the team and the rooms.

I was also delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Health Club & Spa facilities, perfect place to enjoy further relaxation.

We are lucky that the hotel is only a short drive away from Crewe station which enables an easy connection from London especially on the fast train.

I’m pleased to read that the rain did not put a dampener on your visit.

Thank you again for your review, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was a surprise trip from my then boyfriend (now fiance) as a getaway from the stress of university study and as an early birthday present. Upon arrival I was blown away by the gorgeous grounds and could feel myself instantly relaxing. We were greeted warmly by the receptionist and shown to our room by a very helpful man who carried our bags.

The room was above my expectations - cosy, excellent quality decor and very clean! Upon testing the bed I felt like I was sinking into pure softness - needless to say I slept very very well that night.
The bathroom was exquisite and I didn't want to leave - the bath was a treat especially with the TV installed on the wall - a lovely touch.

Although drinks were late at dinner, the waitresses were friendly and made us feel very welcome. Our food was tasty - I had the steak and my partner had the chicken which were cooked very well. Breakfast was also enjoyable and the dining area was a pleasant place to eat with lovely views out onto the grounds.

I had a spa treatment and we spent an afternoon in the pool which was enjoyable. Our overall stay was one of delight and we certainly hope to be back here again; we have even recommended to all our friends and family.

Thank you Rookery Hall for setting the scene for my engagement weekend!

1 Thank Dee F
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hello Dee F

Thank you for your lovely review following your break from reality.
Secondly congratulations from the team and I on your engagement, we are delighted to have been part of setting the scene for a very special occasion.

I really enjoyed reading your review as this is exactly the experience we want our guests to have when they come and stay.

Apologies, that there was a delay with your drinks at dinner. I’m pleased you enjoyed your meals.

It’s great to read that whilst with us you had the opportunity to enjoy a treatment and spend time in our Health Club & Spa. Perfect way to, escape the stresses of your studies.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the team members, I will be sure to share your review with all.

Thank you for your recommendation to others and I note that this was also an early birthday present, so Happy Birthday from us all.

All the very best wishes with your studies and wedding plans when they begin. I can highly recommend Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa as a perfect wedding venue...

Thank you again for your review we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

A great place for a Spa break. Very relaxing, everything was well organised and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The spa package we had included lunch, dinner and breakfast all of which were lovely, however any cost outside of the package was quite pricey. The staff were all really friendly and helpful and the whole experience was really enjoyable.

2 Thank Katie M
Hello Katie M,

Thank you for reviewing your Spa Break on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic time and that you didn’t have to worry about a thing. This is exactly how you should feel so that you can truly relax and unwind and enjoy your stay.

I’m really pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your experience and that the team were friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Had our daughters wedding here and I can honestly say that is was the BEST wedding I have ever attended! The venue, food, service etc was perfect. The balance of professionalism and the personal touch was without doubt exactly right. Nothing was too much trouble. A big thanks to Jordan who helped organise the perfect day but a wonderful vote of thanks to Jayne who was absolutely amazing and to Will for making me giggle! I just can not thank the staff enough. You all made our daughter Francesca's wedding to Damian perfect in every way.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Bev157
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Congratulations Bev157 on your daughter’s wedding day.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host a very special day for you, which I’m thrilled to read was Perfect, perfect just perfect. Excellent title to head your review.

Weddings are such a big event and as we only host one wedding per day it truly does mean that it is the Bride & Groom’s special day.

I really enjoyed reading your comments regarding the venue, food and service.

We are very lucky to have such a great team of people working at the hotel who love what they do and this has clearly shone through in the build up to the wedding and the day itself.
I will be sure to share your review with all, especially those that you have personally mentioned. They will all love reading your review and your appreciation you have given to them.

All the very best wishes to Francesca and Damian and to yourself too.

I hope to welcome you all back in the future.

Thank you again for your wonderful review.

Preston
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

An impressive building with lovely grounds, we were warmly greeted and shown to our room by an enthusiastic concierge. This is quite rare in my experience. The room was spacious and had all the details you could want including robes. Our bathroom had a slipper bath and separate shower , good and powerful. However the step down from the shower was quite a way and there was nothing to steady yourself with.
The tea tray tucked away under the television had to be lifted out to use so it seemed pointless putting it in such an awkward spot! The selection was good though and so were the cookies!
From here things went less than perfectly...
Having booked a rate including dinner we were given menus in the bar but orders taken at the table- odd. You would think then that they could remember who ordered what- but no. Worse it seemed at every course at least 1 of our party of 8 had to wait for their food whilst the others had a choice to let theirs go cold or start. 2 of us ordered the sorbet which should have been served between starter and main but arrived before the starter.
The bill was a mess with specific instructions re drinks to be charged to certain rooms ignored. All of this is a shame because the food was good. Only criticism being that we could have been offered sides of vegetables or something the portions area quite small.
Breakfast quality was very good but again service was poor. Tea/ coffee took an age to come and plates weren't cleared. To be fair it seemed to be more of training issue that anything else and staff were again pleasant.
In short sort out you service to earn the 5* you should have!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello cel_longridge,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the building and our grounds, I do agree that it is a very impressive building and the grounds are lovely. I couldn’t wish for a better setting for a place of work.

I was delighted that the Concierge that was on duty on arrival was enthusiastic in his welcome and gave you a warm greeting.

I’ve noted your feedback regarding the bathroom step and also your feedback regarding the tea tray so thank you for this. Glad you enjoyed the cookies.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your dining experiences both at dinner and breakfast the following morning. There certainly appears to have been some disorganisation and communication and for this I apologise. Please pass on my apologies to the other members of your party.

We have recently welcomed on board a new Restaurant Manager, so please be assured that your comments will be shared with him and his team.
It is absolutely vital that we surpass our guest expectations and in doing so we must always take on board feedback received from our guests. So thank you for taking the time to post your review which has informed me of your experience.

I do hope that these issues did not detract from the enjoyment of your overall stay with us and that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you again for your review and for coming to stay with us.

Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,053 reviews
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!