I had to leave a review for Rookery Hall because it is a fantastic hotel. My girlfriend and I stay in many different hotels around the north for weekends away and this was by far one of the best. We got a Travelzoo coupon for 1 nights stay, dinner, b&b with full access to the spa.
Check in was seamless. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. The grounds are beautiful. At check in, there was a place to have a seat and the staff were friendly, approachable and chatty.
The room was beautiful and the spec of the bathroom was fantastic. The spa facility is in a newer building and the facilities are incredibly well maintained. The locker room was clean and had electronic lockers. The pool and spa were beautiful (and empty!).
After a good swim, we went for pre-dinner canape's and champagne which was excellent. The three course meal was incredible. I had a langoustine starter which was one of the nicest plates of food I have ever tried. I also had the rib eye, but to be honest I wouldn't recommend the steak, at any hotel. I think it's best to try things you may not be able to create yourself so that was an error on my part. The dessert was a chocolate fondant which was nice. Breakfast was cooked to order, with food to suit everybody.
One of the most charming things about the restaurant is the mixture of staff and their positive attitude without seeming insincere. The staff were fantastic and made our stay very enjoyable. We will definitely be booking again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire