“Excellent hotel and an excellent stay!”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had to leave a review for Rookery Hall because it is a fantastic hotel. My girlfriend and I stay in many different hotels around the north for weekends away and this was by far one of the best. We got a Travelzoo coupon for 1 nights stay, dinner, b&b with full access to the spa.

Check in was seamless. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. The grounds are beautiful. At check in, there was a place to have a seat and the staff were friendly, approachable and chatty.

The room was beautiful and the spec of the bathroom was fantastic. The spa facility is in a newer building and the facilities are incredibly well maintained. The locker room was clean and had electronic lockers. The pool and spa were beautiful (and empty!).

After a good swim, we went for pre-dinner canape's and champagne which was excellent. The three course meal was incredible. I had a langoustine starter which was one of the nicest plates of food I have ever tried. I also had the rib eye, but to be honest I wouldn't recommend the steak, at any hotel. I think it's best to try things you may not be able to create yourself so that was an error on my part. The dessert was a chocolate fondant which was nice. Breakfast was cooked to order, with food to suit everybody.

One of the most charming things about the restaurant is the mixture of staff and their positive attitude without seeming insincere. The staff were fantastic and made our stay very enjoyable. We will definitely be booking again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisU421
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Hello ChrisU421,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit.
It is a pleasure reading your review as this is most certainly the experience we want all our guests to have.

I have mentioned this in previous reviews but a welcome to any hotel is very important as it sets the scene for your guest journey throughout your visit, so I was delighted to read that from the start the team were friendly and approachable.

I’m glad you enjoyed the comforts of your bedroom and bathroom.

We are very lucky indeed to have such a great Health Club & Spa here at the hotel so I’m pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy these facilities during your visit.

It’s pleasing to read that you enjoyed your dining experiences both at dinner and breakfast and I have shared your comments with our Head Chef and his team.

More importantly the recognition you have given to the team members is wonderful, we are lucky to have a good team of naturally attentive and charming people, so thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic all round experience.

Wonderful food with nice variations in menus and really good service.

Spa was lovely way to relax and unwind, a real one off place.

Would suit any occasion and highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Fitzsta
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello Fitzsta,

Thank you for your review following your visit.

This is exactly the feedback that we love to receive especially as you describe it as a, ’Fantastic all round experience’ and ‘A real one off place’

I feel very proud of the hotel and team reading your review as this is where we aspire to be.

Thank you for your recommendation to others.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Overall visit was good spa was great, massage good, food and drinks are expensive, staff are very good friendly and helpful. Restaurant meal disappointed starter was good Scallops, but main course was so over seasoned it was ruined, in hindsight I should have complained and returned it.
Rooms are comfortable, grounds are limited.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear kevin g,

Thank you for your review following your visit to the Hotel & Spa.

I was delighted to read that overall your visit was good and that you enjoyed our Spa facilities including your treatment.
I’m also pleased to read that the team were friendly and helpful.

I would however like to take this opportunity to apologise for your main course that you ordered. It is a shame that you did not bring this to our attention on the evening as I am confident that our team would have replaced the dish for you and taken on board your comments regarding the dish.

We are always receptive to guest feedback and so I am also sorry that we didn’t get the opportunity to talk to you prior to your departure also.

I’m pleased you found our rooms to be comfortable. The hotel is set in 38 acres of Cheshire Countryside and we do welcome our guests to enjoy the grounds. I know we have had some rain over the past week so I’m not sure if this is the reason you didn’t get the opportunity to explore our grounds.

Thank you again for your review. I hope your recent experience would not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband, a birthday treat with no kids! This is the 3rd of the handpicked hotels we have stayed in, I think this is my favourite so far! It's a beautiful hotel in lovely grounds. We had the dinner bed and breakfast package which is quite expensive but worth it as a treat. We didn't have any treatments but made full use of the pool, gym, sauna etc. Food is very good for all meals. My only criticism would be that they were so busy, our dinner took AGES. They did say they were very busy and had a wedding on etc etc, but then you just need more staff to cover it. Food however was excellent!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello pauladoody,

I’m delighted that you chose Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa as a birthday treat. Happy Birthday. to the one celebrating their birthday. Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

Lovely feedback to receive, that not only have you stayed in other Hand Picked Hotels but that we are your favourite so far. My aspiration is that we continue to be your favourite.
I do agree that it is a beautiful hotel.

I am glad you had the opportunity to use our Health Club & Spa facilities. Perfect place to relax and unwind, especially as you were here as a treat without your children.
We do welcome children to all of our hotels so maybe you can bring them another time?

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your meals, and that you describe the food as excellent. Chef will be delighted to receive these comments.
Please accept my apologies regarding the delay with your dinner.
A wedding taking place at the hotel should never impact on the dining experience of our leisure guests so thank you for this feedback.
I am really glad this delay did not impact on your overall enjoyment of your visit.

Enjoy visiting other Hand Picked Hotels and I look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had a fantastic weekend. I've stayed at other hand picked hotels but a first at rookery hall. Slight niggle when we arrived, as I had requested early check in and when we arrived at 2pm the room wasn't ready and I was expecting bottle of champagne in the room which I had specified, so had to chase. But apart from that everything else was great. We upgraded to executive double, spacious room, flat screen tv in the bathroom, power shower, gigantic bed, fridge. Food exceptional. Had upgraded onto the al a carte prior to us arriving, but after looking at the menu we both decided to go with the market menu and they happily refunded the money. There were a few weddings on, so it was busy around the hotel and mainly the spa. We had a few treatments in the spa which were excellent and the atmosphere in the spa was extremely relaxing and chilled. Would happily return back again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gemma C

Hello Gemma C,

Thank you for reviewing your fantastic weekend on Trip Advisor.

It’s lovely to read your heading to your review and that you have also stayed at other Hand Picked hotels. We are finding that a lot of our guests are becoming fans of Hand Picked hotels by visiting other hotels in our group. I mentioned in another recent review that we do have a loyalty club which rewards our guests for enjoying themselves. If you’ve not joined, please do.

My apologies regarding your early check in request. This bank holiday weekend we had quite a lot of early check in requests and this does make it very difficult to accommodate these requests when we are fully occupied. We do always advise that we can’t guarantee this request. But that said I’m glad it did not spoil your overall enjoyment.
I am also very sorry to read that you had to chase for the bottle of champagne.

Food exceptional is a huge compliment to our Head Chef and his team, so thank you for your kind words.

It’s lovely to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Health Club & Spa facilities and also enjoy some treatments. Perfect place to feel relaxed.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed for one night to enjoy the spa and hotel.from the moment we arrived all the staff we encountered were cheerful friendly and helpful.We were made to feel like very welcome guests.the food in the spa and hotel was excellent ,the evening meal super and breakfast excellent . I have already told all my friends to visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello Antsurrey,

Thank you for lovely review following your recent visit.

I was pleased to read that from the moment of arrival you enjoyed your visit and that you instantly felt very welcome.

I was really happy to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit and that your evening meal was super and breakfast excellent.

We look forward to welcoming your friends and hope it isn’t too long before we welcome you and daughter back again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

From start to finish our stay at the Rookery Hall hotel was amazing... Just as we've found at every Hand Picked Hotel that we've used since discovering the chain.

The service provided was of an extremely high quality, whilst at the same time being subtly blended with a very warm friendliness that made us feel extremely welcome.

The room itself was a good size with an incredibly comfy bed and the tv in the bathroom being a particular highlight! The grounds are also worth a mention as on a nice day they make a beautiful area for a walk.

Both dinner and breakfast in the restaurant were delicious, presented in a way that made us feel we were in an episode of MasrerChef & leaving us so full that we didn't need to eat for the rest of the weekend.

All in all a fantastic stay that we would happy repeat next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank JonBM

Hello JonBM,

What a delightful heading to your review - thank you.

Thank you also for coming to stay with us and for reviewing your visit on Trip Advisor.

Amazing, it doesn't get better than that so I'm delighted to be reading that this was the experience you had.
I note from your review that you've stayed at other Hand Picked hotels also. Have you joined our loyalty club?
It rewards you for enjoying yourself whilst visiting our properties.

It was lovely to read that the service you received was warm and friendly and that you felt welcome. We are very lucky to have such natural and charming team members who all work hard to ensure guests enjoy their visit.

The rooms in our new executive wing are a favourite amongst us guests with the added luxury of the 'tilevisions' in the bathrooms.
Perfect way, to relax in the bath whilst watching your favourite programme.

I have shared your review with all the team and our Head Chef has asked me to personally thank you for your kind comments regarding dinner and breakfast.
That is a lovely compliment for the Kitchen and Restaurant team to receive, likening your experience to being in an episode of Master Chef, thank you.

Don't leave it too long before visiting the area again as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Stephen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!