“Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here for a work conference. Check in was smooth, the room was well equipped, clean and comfortable with some nice touches such as a TV set into the bathroom wall. Dinner was tasty, although some portions were quite small. All in all a very pleasant hotel in nice surroundings and an ideal meeting venue.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrea P
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello Andrea P,

Thank you for your review following your work conference that was held at the hotel.

It’s lovely to read that you found the hotel to be pleasant and that you enjoyed your room allocation.

I’m glad you enjoyed dinner and have noted your feedback regarding the portion sizes.

Thank you for your recommendation to others to use Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa as a meeting venue.
Perhaps we will have the opportunity to welcome you back as a leisure guest in the future?

Stephen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a lovely champagne break-dinner bed and breakfast in an upgraded room. Our welcome was fantastic- we arrived early so our room wasn't ready. Staff took our bags whilst we went to the spa. Lovely swim, hydrotherapy pool and steam room. Very relaxing. On return to reception our room was ready and our bags had already been taken up. Room was fabulous. Great view, comfy sofa and chairs. We had a coffee machine, all usual facilities and a tv in the bathroom! Shower was really powerful. Dinner was delicious. Portion sizes were a bit small but we had 3 courses.
After a comfy night's sleep we had a great breakfast- so much choice and everything beautifully cooked. We were told we could check out at leisure up til midday. We were welcome to use the spa facilities again.
All staff were lovely.very welcoming, helpful and 5 star service.
We will happily stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel have a great view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Happy Anniversary cath7145 and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa to celebrate.

Thank you for taking the time to summarise and share with others on Trip Advisor your experience following your visit.

I’m really pleased to read that your welcome to the hotel was fantastic and albeit your room wasn’t ready the team looked after your luggage so that you could make the most of the Health Club & facilities.

Your review sums up my aspiration of the experience I would like all of our guests to enjoy.

Thank you for your kind words throughout your review and the recognition given to the team. They will all be very happy to receive this feedback.

We will happily welcome back too and hope to do so soon.

redcar
Reviewed 7 June 2014

my wife and I stayed here for 2 nights midweek on a dinner,bed and breakfast package

the hotel looks very nice as you arrive and the gardens around the front are well kept but you have to park around the corner in the main car park not in front of the hotel

we went to reception and there was no one there so we waited - and waited - there is no bell or buzzer to call so i went into the corridor and shouted hello - no answer so we waited a bit longer and eventually a female receptionist arrived and checked us in - she also showed us to our room

the room was nice and a good size with a good view across the garden and woods
the room had a table and chairs and a good size bed, there is also plenty of space in wardrobes/cupboards
the bathroom was nice with a bath a large shower but there was some mould on the inside of the shower on the tiles

the first night we dined in the restaurant which was very nice and the food was excellent
although the menu was limited
the second night we planned on dining in the restaurant but the menu was the same and only 4 choices for starter and 4 choices of main course and we did not want any so we ate in the bar/lounge which was nice enough

some issues while we were there -
1 no one at reception when we arrived
2 first evening we went to the bar and it was so crowded we could not get served for a while - seemed more like a pub in any high street than a 4 star hotel
3 breakfast was o.k but bacon overcooked and dry both mornings
4 service at breakfast was poor - a young girl serving me came to my table 3 times -twice with wrong order and a third time she took away my brown toast and put fresh white toast which I did not want or had asked for

overall we enjoyed our stay but there is lots of room for improvement with the service

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mmcquade
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear mmcquade,

Thank you for completing a review on Trip Advisor following your recent midweek break.

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the hotel itself and the grounds.

My sincere apologies that no one was present at Reception upon your arrival. I have been informed that at the time of your arrival the Receptionist on duty was showing some other guests who had also just arrived. Never the less I appreciate this is not a great first impression so I do apologise. I was pleased to read however that she also showed yourselves to your room.

I’m glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the views of the Cheshire countryside from your bedroom. I have fed back your reference to the tiles in the shower. Our Head Housekeeper sends her personal apologies and thanks you for informing us of this.

The Restaurant has the perfect atmosphere for you to enjoy your dining experience, Our Head Chef and his team use only the very best produce to create their dishes, he will be delighted to read that your meal was excellent. I note that from your first paragraph that you were staying with us on a dinner, bed & breakfast package which includes the market menu that you mention of the four options of starters, mains and desserts. We do also have the A la Carte menu which guests are welcome to upgrade to which allows you to dine from both menus should you feel the market menu to be limited. It is sometimes nice to dine a little less formally and enjoy a lounge and bar menu. So I’m glad you enjoyed this meal too.

I do apologise that it took you a little while to get served at the bar. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologise for your breakfast experience. Our Restaurant Manager is sorry that he didn’t get to talk to you during your visit.

I’m pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your visit and thank you again for your review.

Kind Regards,

Lot-et-Garonne, France
Reviewed 6 June 2014

It's a long time since I have received such a poor experience at a hotel check in: I did arrive early but in every other hotel I stay in they allow you check in to your room when it's ready not at the arbitrary 15:00! The women who work on reception are awkward and struggle to communicate effectively. So, I sat for 2 hours in the grim anti-room to the restaurant waiting for the precious 15:00 hours to approach. The parquet flooring is wrecked. The faux antique furniture out of place and cheap. And I was surrounded by tons of loud, pretentious, over dressed elderly ladies waiting for a low-end lunch meeting!

The old building that forms just part of this hotel is lovely - really lovely - but wrecked by the new additional room block and the conference centre. My room was fine but unremarkable and had good views over the garden and fields. The coffee machine and mineral water were welcome and the bed comfortable but the toiletries smelt like washing up liquid!

Dinner was adequate but most of the staff are untrained and lacking appropriate social skills. The bar was unattended towards the late evening so we couldn't even get a drink! Having called reception and not got an answer after 10 minutes I eventually let myself into the kitchen and found the barman playing on the internet! Oh dear!

Breakfast was shameful - the two female managers stood outside gossiping loudly throughout.

I was delighted to get away from this hotel. It's completely unmanaged, I don't recommend it and wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank francophileonthemove
Dear francophileonthemove,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your feedback following your visit.
It is always disappointing to read a report such as this.
We are always very receptive to feedback from our guests and we work tirelessly to make continuous improvements.
To do this we always listen to honest and constructive comments from our guests even when it is uncomfortable to do so and so I am also sorry that we didn’t get the opportunity to discuss your comments personally.

I genuinely am sorry that this was your experience at the Hotel as it is most certainly not the feedback we are used to receiving.
Although I personally feel that some of your comments are a little unfair I do appreciate that this is your review of your experience and will be discussing your comments with all departments as some of your points clearly do need addressing.

Thank you again for your review.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We booked a day and night at Rookery Hall to coincide with a friends wedding. It was great turning up to such a lovely country hotel/spa and now understand why it's a 'hand picked hotel'.
The staff were approachable, friendly and courteous. We had quite a large executive bedroom in the newer wing which was furnished and finished to a high standard. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on in any hotel any they even offer a pillow menu so you can choose your favourite....we used all of them!
The breakfast at first appeared to be like any other hotel breakfast buffet but we quickly realised that only the best ingredients were used and all had been cooked and prepared to a high standard. Overall this is a beautiful, comfortable, and friendly place to stay and we look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank inmyop
Hello inmyop,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your lovely review.

I was really pleased to read that during your visit all the team members were approachable and friendly.
I’m really glad you enjoyed your room. The bed’s are very comfortable. If the brand of bed is good enough for our Queen then it is most certainly without a doubt good enough for our guests.
The pillow menu is a lovely little extra touch for our guests to assist you in getting a, comfortable nights sleep. Having used all of them you will now be a pillow connoisseur.

Breakfast is a great way to start the day and we do only use the best locally sourced ingredients where we can.

Thank you again for your lovely review. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife, our 18 month old son and I stayed at Rookery Hall last weekend. Right from check in it became apparent that the team at Rookery do their utmost to ensure that guests will have a stay to remember - it was excellent. We opted for the Spa package and my wife had a luxurious massage whilst my son and I enjoyed the pool in the health spa. We then went for a walk in the grounds and had a couple of pre dinner drinks on the rear terrace. We ate in the bar area then retired feeling relaxed and refreshed.
What really differentiates this hotel from others of its type was the quality of service from the staff. They were polite to the point of being charming, and were attentive without being intrusive. The food was great and I really did feel that nothing was too much trouble, with the kitchen being as service orientated as the staff, and I believe happy to cook pretty much whatever our son wanted. I travel widely with work and can honestly say you won't find a more service oriented hotel. Add this to great facilities and idyllic surroundings and you've got a winning formula.
I'd recommend Rookery Hall for a weekend's relaxation without hesitation, and look forward to returning there soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Colin B
Hello Colin B,

What a wonderful review to receive - Thank you.

It is also lovely to read a review from guests who have brought their children to the hotel also. I know some people, myself included as I am a Father to two young boys can be a little apprehensive when choosing a hotel for a break.
So I hope other families with children reading your review will see that we do welcome families to the hotel too.

I was delighted to read that from check in you felt welcomed.

Spa packages are a wonderful way to enjoy all that Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa has to offer.
I bet your son enjoyed swimming and playing in the pool. Just a note to guests reading this reply to Colin B. We do have designated daily children’s swim times in the Health Club & Spa, so we please do enquire what times these are for the day you are staying.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the team members they are most certainly a charming and attentive group of people.
I will be sure to share your review with all as they will be as equally as happy as me in reading it.
I’ll also be sure to share your kind comments with the kitchen team.

A very big thank you again for your review. Your recommendation to others is also greatly appreciated.

Come and see us again soon.

Blaenau Ffestiniog, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was our second time staying at Rookery and both times have been fantastic. The staff are extremely friendly and always very helpful, the food is fantastic, leisure facilities were great and the rooms are very luxurious. My husband and daughter LOVED the TV in the bath!

Our first trip was on our first Wedding anniversary and the second was on my 30th birthday. The perfect place to celebrate. Thank you for giving us fantastic memories! Looking forward to come back very soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hello ElliwGuner,

Thank you for your lovely review following your second stay at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

I was really touched to read that you have chosen to stay with us to celebrate two very special occasions. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help create fantastic memories.

Thank you for your kind words regarding all elements of your stay.
The ‘tilevision’ in the bathroom is a great feature in our executive bedrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Stephen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
#1 of 1 in Broxton
Rowton Hall Hotel
Rowton Hall Hotel
#5 of 44 in Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!