“Beautiful spa, excellent staff and amazing treatments”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I booked a spa day at Rookery Hall when staying in the Stockton Heath area, and had three treatments in one day at this lovely spa. Unfortunately I was taken ill with a sever fever whilst there, and the staff could not have been nicer. My booking had been messed up by someone who had left however they sorted out the times for me no problems. I was not in a fit state to drive so the spa manager got me a taxi and gave me a little care package which was really appreciated. She also kindly invited me back for a free treatment since I hadn't been able to make the most of mine, which was really lovely. I did get to use the pool and steam room which were very clean, and the waiting lounge is lovely. I had lunch included with my package and this was a very healthy salad which I really enjoyed. My facial was lovely but as I wasn't feeling well it's all a bit of a blur! Hopefully next time I go I will be able to enjoy it properly! Thank you to the manager for looking after me so well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hello JuliaBahrain,

Firstly I do hope you are feeling better and I am sorry to hear you were taken ill.

Thank you for your very lovely review following your spa day.

I would like to apologise for the original booking being messed up but I’m glad this was resolved to your satisfaction and that you were looked after.
Spa days are the ideal way to enjoy valuable you time and albeit you were poorly on this occasion I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our facilities and also your lunch.

I will be sure to thank our Spa Manager personally for looking after you and I am sure you will enjoy your return visit.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Business conference here. Wonderful grounds and a really lovely building with history. Welcome was friendly and the bar was really cosy. The conferencing facilities were good and met the purpose but have seen better. This hotel would be amazing for a wedding. Hotel bedroom was clean, classy and very comfortable. Food was excellent quality and is definitely recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello Kayleigh123,

Thank you for reviewing your recent business conference on Trip Advisor and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa for your recent conference.

I do agree that we have wonderful grounds and the main house does have a lot of history behind it.

I’m pleased to read that you received a friendly welcome and that you enjoyed the cosiness of our bar area. I was also very pleased to read that the facilities met your purpose on this occasion.

Our beautiful property is perfect for a wedding venue and we do enjoy hosting our Bride & Groom’s special day.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your bedroom allocation and that the food quality you have described as excellent.

Thank you for your recommendation to others. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future on a leisure break perhaps.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I would like to share what a wonderful experience we had at this hotel. From the moment we arrived (we had no suitcases as airline hadn't put them on the plane) to the moment we left. When we told the hotel staff we had no suitcases they immediately produced dental box, shaving box and other toiletries we needed for emergency use. We had a cream tea with my parents and as soon as I told them it was my mother's 80th birthday they made such a fuss over her. Breakfast was a great experience and the food was fantastic. I tried the spa and the staff were very professional and friendly. The spa and hotel were spotlessly clean. The restaurant food was exceptional. We can't wait to go back next year. Thank you for giving us a great time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carole B

Hello Carole B,

What a lovely heading to your review and thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am truly very proud to receive a review such as yours which shows how the team go the extra mile to look after our guests. I hope you weren’t without your luggage for too long?

Happy 80th Birthday, to your Mother. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your cream tea celebrations.
I was also very happy that all other aspects of your stay you also enjoyed including breakfast, dinner and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the Health Club & Spa.

We all look forward to welcoming you back next year and thank you for choosing Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

I hope you had a safe trip home.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

On first impressions, lovely hotel. Spa had lovely pool, which was very clean and modern.lovely grounds. Did not eat in restaurant as bit pricey ! breakfast was nice, but arrived 2 minutes after we ordered it whilst we still eating our cereal. we asked them to take it away until we were ready, which they did, but it had just been kept warm and not re made fresh so was a bit dry! Room was large but strong smell of glue/ silicone on entering room, did clear when we opened windows fully. Nice large bathroom but flush broken on toilet! We reported this to reception and in fairness someone fixed this whilst we were out. During the night and in the morning the toilet flush broke again, my husband tried to fix it on 2 occasions but to no avail. On checking out we informed the reception staff, she did apologise and said she would inform maintenance . I was disappointed that we weren't offered any compensation for this inconvenience, at the end of the day you don't expect to have your hand down the toilet to get it to flush in a 4 star hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wozzers

Dear Wozzers,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that your first impressions of the hotel were lovely and that you found the spa to be lovely and clean and enjoyed the grounds.

Please accept my apologies regarding your breakfast experience I will be sure to share these comments with our Head Chef & Restaurant Manager.

I would also like to offer my very sincere apologies regarding the maintenance issues you encountered with the toilet flush.
Having spoken with the Receptionist who checked you out she also sends her apologies as she wasn’t aware until reading your review the severity of the issues you encountered regarding this issue.

Please would you be so kind as to email me so that we can rectify this to your satisfaction.
sfearnley@handpicked.co.uk

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed last week as a getaway with my wife as we have recently married and fancied somewhere nice just the two of us. Checked in staff lovely gounds lovely, the room was ok nothing of the wow factor. TV was dated 32inch LCD quite an oldish you had to lean forward for the remote to work and it buzzed.
The hotel was aware of our recent marriage and gave us a bottle of wine, card and some fruit which was a nice touch. We went into Nantwich and returned back to the hotel at about 10pm had a quick drink in the bar and noticed a major issue a drink had been smashed behind the bar and as i went up for drink the lady said do you want ice in your coke i said yes and there was a massive piece of glass in the ice part on the bar this was noticed by the young girl and addressed straight away!!! Good job that didnt end up in somebody's drink (might be better to move the ice box to different location) Anyway went up for a chilled night relaxing which wasn't going to happen due to a wedding in full swing music blasting from a band. I phoned reception at 11.00pm to find out what times this on until he said about midnight, it finished at 12.30!!!! I'm not a grump but this was supposed to be relaxing
My other issue was when we left, no mention of did you have a nice stay. It was a quick swipe of the card and off we went.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dentonlee
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear dentonlee,

Congratulations to you both on your recent marriage and thank you for your feedback following your visit.

I’m pleased to read that you received a warm welcome on arrival and thank you for your kind comments about the grounds.

I am very sorry to read that you had some problems with your television in the bedroom.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention regarding the broken glass I will be sure to give this feedback to our Restaurant and Bar Manager. Apologies about this.

Please accept my very sincere apologies regarding the noise disturbance you encountered during your recent visit. I am sorry that you didn’t get the opportunity to discuss your feedback prior to departure with the Duty Manager to enable us to resolve the issues to your satisfaction. This leads me onto another apology where by had the Receptionist enquired how your visit had been this would have given you this opportunity. My very sincere apologies that this was not the case.

Please would you be so kind as to contact me direct if you decide to stay with us in the future where I will ensure you receive the very best of our attention and I will personally ensure your reservation is looked after.
sfearnley@handpicked.co.uk

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stopped her on Saturday night. The weather had cleared as we arrived and we were able to sit outside for a drink on the terrace to mellow down prior to a quick change and shower for dinner. We were stopping in a room in the old building called "September" nice spacious room and large bathroom. Given the clammy weather we had both windows open to bring down the temperature. Pre-dinner drinks were again on the terrace, great win considering the weather for the rest of the day. Dinner was really good with attentive service, all the food was well cooked and nicely flavoured. Even though there was a wedding on there was no issues with noise from the party. I've rated sleep quality only as average as the night was uncomfortably warm and without air con any hotel would have struggled to tick this box. Breakfast was really good with plenty of choice, needless to say we had the full English!

In summary a cosy hotel with nice grounds and it didn't feel to big.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello stw1961,

Thank you for your review, following your recent visit and thank you, for coming to stay with us.

I was pleased to read that the weather had cleared as you arrived to allow you the opportunity to relax and unwind after your journey.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room allocation in our main house and that you also enjoyed your dining experience whilst staying with us, including breakfast the following morning.

We do try our very best with room allocations when we have a wedding taking place to ensure our leisure guests do not get disturbed. So I am happy to note this was the case during your visit.

The temperature has been exceptionally warm over the past few weeks. Not all of our bedrooms have air conditioning. But if you do stay with us again or for anyone reading this reply all of our bedrooms in the new executive wing do have the air conditioning units in them.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Rookery Hall last night after our wedding at another location. Booked a suite to make sure we had an extra special treat but were disappointed. It was boiling hot in the room, no air con and were offered a tiny fan when we called reception which was useless. We booked a late checkout and left really early because we couldn't bare it anymore.
Breakfast wasn't great, hard scrambled eggs and rubbery bacon. Selection was great.
Also a lot of confusion over the bill, our parents had called ahead to settle the bill as a present, and we were given a bill for almost £400 on the way out. Turns out we were billed for 2 bottles of champagne we never actually had-we ordered one when we booked, called cancelled it because we knew we would be back late and wouldn't want it-but we got charged for it twice???!!!!! It got sorted in the end but was a right pain and a lot of faffing about when we wanted to get going.
Beautiful setting and location-but we were really disappointed, especially by the room. The upgrade was definitely not worth it-very overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Sarah H

Dear Sarah H,

Congratulations to you both on your recent wedding day.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your room allocation. As the hotel is dated back to 1816 the walls are very thick so the heat is retained and especially with this warm weather we have had recently I am sorry that you found it uncomfortable.

Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your breakfast experience I will ensure that Chef is aware of this feedback.

With regards to your bill I have spoken with the Reception team who send their apologies for any confusion. I do believe that this was quickly resolved but please accept my personal apologies also for any inconvenience caused and for the miscommunication regarding the champagne.

Thank you for your feedback. If you decide to stay with us in the future please do contact the hotel direct where we will personally look after your reservation.

Stephen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
Crewe Hall
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!